Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Clusterfact

re: Finder's Keepers -- OOC/PBP Discussion

I'm just trying to get a feel for people who might be interested in starting a new story. I have some ideas for an outline of events, but I'm open to any ideas anyone might have.

Anyone is welcome to jump in if they want. Happy

--------------------------------

[People Interested:]

Clusterfact
Areku
Aveyn
Shadowdun
Nolan
Zoron
Timaselj
Jareth
Crox
Kryad
Legendkiller (maybe?)
Lord Cruentus (Reign)
Finx!
Vanden
Ysme (Kajidic)
Darth Eclipter (Reign)
Atka
Nana (Reign)
Davi
Markis

Last edited by Clusterfact on July 17, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 12 times in total
Areku99

Here's what I have:

-Hostage situation on Alderaan
-Stalemate battle ongoing
-A person with unclear motives trying to collect artifacts hiring people to help (I could be that Jedi)
-Assassinating a crime lord or even the Emperor (the latter would have to fail)

I like the first two a lot, especially if we have a varied population of participants. They could almost work together similar in fashion to the (sham of a) Friday Update we had about the trouble on Alderaan.

Hell, I could RP a story where my Jedi falls to the dark side in an attempt to assassinate a crime lord or whatever.
Riddly Dun

I would love to join but I'm not very confident in my writing ability T.T I still have a ways to go before I can write a coherent, fun and well thought out story.

You'd only be writing bits and pieces of a larger story with the rest of the group. wink

If you change your mind you're more than welcome to join in. Happy
Areku99

Clusterfact wrote:
I like the first two a lot, especially if we have a varied population of participants. They could almost work together similar in fashion to the (sham of a) Friday Update we had about the trouble on Alderaan.

Hell, I could RP a story where my Jedi falls to the dark side in an attempt to assassinate a crime lord or whatever.

My guy's already close enough to where he could persuade the good guys to do it.

Clusterfact wrote:
You'd only be writing bits and pieces of a larger story with the rest of the group. wink

If you change your mind you're more than welcome to join in. Happy

Don't get me wrong I've been curious about it since I became a trainee. Maybe I'll sit in on the thread and see if I can add a bit here or there :P

I was actually just talking to Gai about starting something up within the week XD
Nice timing Cluster ;D

I'm always in for rp.
Nolan.Sumar

re: RE: RP

I'd be interested as well, just let me know the details. Happy
Zoron Ror

I would like to give this a go too, haven't done it before though.

Zoron is a trooper veteran born in the outer rim and the last surviving member of his team. On route on a mission to sabotage a weapons facility on Dromund Kaas he and his team were ambushed by imperial troops and slaughtered in the firefight.

After the battle, finding him minus an arm and bleeding profusely the enemy left him where he lay to die a slow death. Zoron felt that this was the end as the world went dark around him.

He awoke to the sensation of being dragged and with great effort he slowly opened his eyes to see his faithful astromech taking him to safety. The droid swiveled his head around to look at him, and happily beeped and whistled to see him awake. Zoron smiled at the astromech and turned his head to look at the bloody stump where his arm used to be, noticing it covered with a bacta patch before passing out again...

Feeling guilty for being the only one to survive, Zoron works alone taking high risk covert missions for the Republic with only his faithful droid companions at his side.

The RP TheRobb and I set up was pretty structured and I found it hard to participate while keeping the story on track. My experience is pretty limited though, so I may have been going about it the wrong way.

If we had an objective in mind, the story would be able to regulate itself, though I'm okay with having a totally free-form RP.

Alderaan is always in some kind of trouble, so it wouldn't be too hard to work with that.

Edit: Sweet stuff, Zoron. The only basic rules are keep the story progressing and don't write for other characters without the owner's permission. Happy

EditEdit: Here is a character sheet if anyone wants to use one. I think they are kind of fun to fill out. tongue out

EditEditEdit: An updated character sheet is on the second page of this thread. Use that one, please. Happy

Last edited by Clusterfact on July 8, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Areku99

Alright, here are some scenarios I managed to work out from my earlier ideas:

-In a large building on Alderaan, over a hundred civilians are being held hostage by a relatively unknown group of terrorists who are suspected to be Sith loyalists. We're the rescuers. High-paced thriller; "When Civil Wars Go Bad"

-Over twenty thousand Republic soldiers are engaged with a similarly sized force of Imperials on what could be Alderaan or even Hoth (maybe Rhen Var). Forts and battle lines have been drawn; our job is to take down the enemy Battle Command--a blow Republic military strategists say could win this fight, which could drag on for weeks. Long, tactical, thought-driven; "And The Legions Fell"

-A Twi'lek crime lord on Nar Shadaa is trafficking an addictive--and deadly--new drug called 'Psyche'. The drug is a multi-billion credit enterprise spanning countless systems, and the Sith are buying it for use in prisoner interrogations. With addicted veterans at an all-time high, the Republic has decided it's time to go in: we blow up the factory, kill the crime lord, and get out. High-paced, combat thriller. "Psyched"

-A shady 'Jedi' deep in the bowels of neurosis, named Aima, has gathered a force of Republic-aligned warriors to help him collect a series of Force-sensitive artifacts...but what is his goal? Largely story driven. "The Collection"

Whatcha think? big grin

Any of those scenarios would be fantastic. I'll actually sit down and come up with something to contribute later tonight, but I think you have a great variety of scenarios, Areku. I kind of like how the Cantina thread it set up, where the pace is pretty well set and the participants throw in plot twists and surprises from time to time. Crox mentioned an imaginary "hero points" system, but we could have something like that but for story.

For example:

Areku: Aima has at long last found one of the artifacts he is looking for. He gently picks up the small holocron and holds it to the light and watches as the fractured light dances across the walls of the inner sanctum.

Clusterfact: Alkhet recognizes the holocron as being one that was stolen from the Jedi archives not long ago, blah blah blah.

Something like that?
Areku99

I can see that working.

My favorites are the last two; the drug one would be really high paced, and the last one...well, let's just say that I've thought up a good plot. twisted

Also:

Species/Race: Human, Caucasian
Name: Galen
Middle Name: N/A
Last Name: Aima
Nickname: Aima (goes by)
Height: 6'2
Weight: 175 lb.
Class: Jedi Knight
Hair Color/Style: Black, straight (see chibi)
Facial Appearance: Blank, chilling, heartless...as if all emotion, all humanity in his eyes were stripped away years ago.
Eye Color: Blue
Body Appearance: Fit, kinda thin
Personality: He's polite, but psychotic on many levels. A sociopath with a history of trauma, he seems to be capable of acts of kindness and even remorse, but these are reserved for the truly innocent. An enigmatic person, even he escapes his own comprehension at times. Has mental breakdowns. For some reason, protects the women all the time.
Position In Guild: Peacekeeper
Home Planet: Unknown, raised on Korriban
Current Residence: Space
Ship: The Kaminote
Armor: Wears a flexible yet strong and durable armor.
Preferred Weapon: Lightsaber
Secondary Weapon(s): Disruptor Pistol
Miscellaneous Item(s): The blue, crystal medallion. He has killed people who get to close to it...it's an artifact that he seemingly needs to live. He gets a strange sense of security and pleasure alike by simply touching it.
Number of Shipments Smuggled: N/A
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Biography / Starting Story: Raised from birth by the nefarious Sith Lord, Intrus, Galen Aima was considered by many an unofficial Sith Lord. The nuclear destruction of the 18th Infantry Regiment haunted him greatly (it occurred by his doing), but his childhood friend who escaped to become a Jedi, a blue Twi'lek named Kara, was the subject of a later encounter. A romance flourished, and Aima nearly escaped the life of the Sith--until Intrus learned of the romance and murdered her. Aima has, ever since, vowed to kill Intrus. Many believe fully that he would even betray the Republic to do so. (he would)
Misc. (yes I added this): Gets nausea whenever he travels in hyperspace. When his eyes turn red, he's either having a psychotic breakdown or he's very, very much pissed off. You can tell the difference; if there's a red aura around him and his saber turns red, he's pissed. Although both have been known to occur.

EDIT: Text color is dark blue (if it's not taken)

Last edited by Areku99 on July 8, 2011 11:29 am; edited 3 times in total

I'll edit the main post to include people who seem interested. Shadow, I'll put you down even though you said you may only play a minor role. Let me know if you just want to watch or whatever. Happy

Species/Race: Zabrak (Iridonian)
Name: Alkhet
Middle Name: None
Last Name: Noth
Nickname: Kid
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 194lbs
Class: Jedi Knight - Guardian
Hair Color/Style: None/If he does have hair growth, he has always kept it clean-shaven
Facial Appearance: Strong facial features. A large scar running the length of his Jato (facial tattoos) across his left cheek bone.
Eye Color: Pale Yellow
Body Appearance: Fit and lean, but not bulgy muscular
Personality: Alkhet is a driven, deliberate individual. He has a hard time dealing with compromises and he would rather see negotiations end in a stalemate than settle for less. He is often seen as bull-headed by people who do not know him as well. He can be blunt to a fault.
Position In Guild: Peacekeeper
Home Planet: Iridonia
Current Residence: Coruscant
Ship: Corellian Vanguard, Stonewall
Armor: Traditional Jedi battler armor decorated with carbon scoring from blaster fire and lightsaber strikes. Alkhet wears this "damage" with a great sense of pride.
Preferred Weapon : Single-blade, purple lightsaber
Secondary Weapon(s): Zabrak Martial arts
Miscellaneous Item(s): None. Alkhet is a firm believer in the traditional Jedi philosophy that a Jedi need only bring his lightsaber and his training. The Force will eventually provide him with anything he could need.
Number of Shipments Smuggled: N/A
Alignment: Neutral/Good. He usually behaves as Lawful/Good, and his intentions are always in the interest of the Republic, the Jedi and those they protect, but he has been described as being a brute for a Jedi at times when results are vital. He's very much "rough around the edges" because of his Iridonian heritage.
Biography / Starting Story:

Alkhet was taken as a child from Iridonia after being discovered as a force sensitive. His father, Bekk Noth, was against the idea, whereas his mother, Umara, felt that the training of the Jedi would not only protect their child from the encroaching Sith, but also give him the opportunity to fight back later as a more powerful adversary. Bekk decided to keep Alkhet on Iridonia to be trained in the traditional Zabrak fasion as a warrior to help fight back the invaders. Only days after Alkhet was discovered, Umara Noth died suddenly due to one of her hearts failing on her. Bekk reluctantly agreed to have the child sent away, but only with the promise that his son would receive the martial training of a Zabrak in addition to his Jedi training.

A Jedi's training isn't all physical and Alkhet was no different. Though he favored the saber and Zabrak combat, Alhket took great pleasure in debating the philosophy of the Jedi and taking the traditional way of understanding how the Force works to a new level by introducing his theory of Force Conductivity: the idea that the Force does not “blanket” all of life, but rather that the Force exists on a separate plane where it permeates into the plane that known life exists on. Force-sensitives would be strong conduits of the Force, though the Force has many points of mass-permeability. Like-wise, the Force could have many dead-zones strewn throughout the galaxy.

Alkhet's theory ruffled a few feathers, but was the main inspiration for the development of his Force abilities. Alkhet strongly believed that using the Force to manipulate others, especially those who could not wield the Force, was wrong. As such, he reserved these powers (Force push, Force persuade, etc.) for dire situations and preferred to use the Force to bolster his and his companions' skills.

Misc: (Good addition, Areku) Alkhet dislikes flight (space, aero, etc.) and prefers deep meditation when placed in these situations. He likes having direct control over the situation, and flying around in space increases the chances of something happening that is beyond his realm of control.

Last edited by Clusterfact on July 8, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: