Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Captain Bubbles

re: The Putrescent Hutt Cantina

“So Bubbles… where are we headed?” She relaxed her stance. She had been tense, even after Thatch had deactivated his weapon. She didn’t like to hear that curiosity would get her killed, especially not from the Mirialan’s lips. She had, after all, just been poking her head through his belongings and Thatch had shown he could be completely unpredictable.

But he seemed calm now, at peace. He even smiled, making his features look softer. “Well, we’re headed to Coruscant. That way, everyone will easily be able to buy passage to wherever they’re going next,” she explained gently. His eyes darkened for a brief moment.

“Oh don’t be sad,” she teased. She slowly made her way to where Thatch was standing and circled around him. She stopped behind him and rested her fingertips on his shoulder. She leaned in and whispered playfully: "We may be parting ways, but we’ll stay in touch; I won't be able to stay away from… so much gold!”

She backed away, a cautious smile on her lips. She wasn’t sure what she was trying to accomplish. Really, she just wanted to be reimbursed for all the expenses Thatch had forced on her, without compromising their fragile friendship. “If you can call it friendship,” she thought. She crossed her arms on her chest and sighed. “You owe me,” she explained simply.

Bubbles heard it before she felt it; the sound of the engines disengaging the hyperdrive, indicating that they had finally reached Coruscant. As she moved her feet to brace herself for the small lurch that was to come with deceleration, her left boot got stuck on the duffle bag’s handle. She felt herself fall forward and Bubbles quietly cursed her clumsiness.

Last edited by Captain Bubbles on November 5, 2011 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Markis. D Thatch

Thatch smirked at Bubbles as she circled him and her cheek flushed slightly at being caught.
"Well, we’re headed to Coruscant. That way, everyone will easily be able to buy passage to wherever they’re going next”/color]. Thatch's eyes grew dark for a moment but not out of sadness but again out of fear. [color=brown]Kark me....Coruscant...a the capital of the republic....great...

"Oh don't be sad..." She walked around him and placed her fingertips on his shoulder. Her next words fell on deaf ears as he thought of only survival and all he heard next was. "so much gold..." Thatch smirked again and turned to look at her as she backed away. "You owe me..."

Thatch let out a cluck of laughter and folded his arms. He was about to respond when the ship lunged from hyperspace and Bubbles went flying. She fell forward and Thatch spun around to catch her. She landed in his arms against his chest as the force of exiting hyperspace wore off. Thatch looked down at bubbles and then gently pushed her away.

"We are here..." Thatch walked to his duffel bag and zipped it back up then hefted it onto his shoulder. He whipped his pistol around his finger and slid it back into his holster. He grabbed his old slug thrower and held it in his hands. He looked it over and saw his initials etched into the butt. Thatch spun the weapon so that the handle faced Bubbles and nudged it forward. "No gold for you...but my slugthrower is yours. I think im going to try this new weapon. " He looked down at his belt and saw the jedi weapon swaying back and forth.

Thatch looked back up Bubbles and took a few steps to the door. "Word to the wise Bubbles...Coruscant is the capital of the Republic....and where I am to be taken for collection of my bounty..." That adjusted the bag on his shoulder. "This gold is to buy my freedom...or one hell of a party when we hit big C..." Thatch stood in the doorway to the halls and turned to face Bubbles. "Afraid you will miss me? "

Captain Bubbles

Bubbles was so embarrassed. She had been trying to demand payment for all her costs with helping Thatch but instead of looking serious and intimidating, she had ended up face first in his chest. “How does this keep happening to me,” she wondered. Sure, she was grateful that she didn’t end up breaking her teeth on the cold durasteel floor, but that option seemed somewhat attractive compared to her situation; the Mirialan had an annoying, smug look on his face.

He quickly broke their impromptu hug and after examining his slug thrower, handed her the weapon. “Is he kidding, this is worthless,” Bubbles thought. “What am I, running a charity?” But after closely looking at the shotgun, she determined it was actually worth a lot more than it looked; high quality materials, good craftsmanship, lightweight and heat resistant. If she decided to sell it, she’d probably break even. She smiled.

When Bubbles looked up, she noticed that Thatch had moved to the doorway. He was probably getting ready to pack the rest of his belongings before leaving. “Afraid you will miss me?” he asked. She laughed and shook her head. She pointed his slug thrower, well hers… at him. “No, not really. I have outstanding aim,” she teased, making sure to hold her chin high. Thatch left.

Sure, she would miss him. She would miss all of them. Fiona, with her appetite and impressive talent for getting in all sorts of trouble. Finx and his insincere advances. Crox and his calm humility, which were such rare qualities in a smuggler. Shan’in and all her strength, despite what she had been through. Quiet Dash who was just in it for the credits, but who could blame her. It had been a while since Bubbles had travelled with people and all their problems, emotions, smug remarks and friendships had made her feel so alive. She sighed and headed for the cockpit.

Coruscant looked intimidating form the viewport. It was gigantic. “Really makes me feel like an insignificant nobody,” she mumbled. Fortunately, this made getting landing authorization much easier than she had expected.

And there they were. Groundside. On Coruscant. It was time to part ways. Bubbles hated goodbyes.

Before you criticize someone, try to put yourself on their ship and fly around a while. That way, when you criticize them, you're a few parsecs away and you have their ship.
Markis. D Thatch

Boltz zoomed onto Thatch's shoulder as he walked out onto the dock. He held his head high and breathed in the odor of Coruscant. Thatch exhaled and turned to the rest of the party as they walked down the ramp. He eyed Crox and Finx and tossed them a nod.

"Crox...You keep that little lady safe you hear me? " Thatch tossed a smile to Shanin and then brought his eyes to Finx. "See ya in the outer rim cowboy..."

Finally Thatch turned to Bubbles Dash and the Trooper. "Pleasure seeing you again Dash...Though you don't remember me...I was in that little scuffle on Ord. " Thatch glared at the Trooper and brought his left hand to rest on his knife. "Count on me finding you again Trooper...".

With a small smirk he tossed a wink at Bubbles and turned sharply walking down the dock. "New adventures about to begin Boltz..." He walked into the steam cloud of a landing freighter and vanished into the depths of Coruscant.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: