View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
UnbarringTomb

re: Game/Hardware Sales Thread

Btw Battlefield Bad Company 2 is 5$ on steam from 20$,you have up to 9 hours to buy it,and join us in Gameday later on today

Forum Image
This is how I feel when a steam sale comes on.

Hahaha :D

Nice pic Shadowdun Happy

And sooo true T_T

Cimreau

Civilization 5 is $17 USD on Steam this weekend. I highly recommend it. The battles use fewer units with more emphasis on directions of attack, range, and flanking. The tiles are now hexes instead of squares. The style and perks of government are defined by civics which are earned though culture. Unlike previous Civs, now controlling a strategic resource doesn't allow you to just pump out an infinite amount of units that use it (i.e. oil for tanks), instead resource tile can support a limited number of units/buildings.

The only things I don't like about Civ 5 in comparison to previous versions is that this one does NOT include religions or corporations, so no holy wars or brand infiltration. Also, no espionage.

For a more negative opinion of Civ 5, ask RaDDo.
Blind Equilibrium

Batman: Arkham Asylum available on Steam for $7.50 until 4pm GMT-8 7/28/11
UnbarringTomb

Steam is having a HUGE sale in the next 21 hours or so,and quite a few titles on sale that are really good

Pick up Sanctum for only $2.50 today.. not sure if it's any good but I'll need people to play with when I get back home! :P

Dungeon Defenders is on sale for about another hour today for $3.74. It's an awesome game to play, especially with friends!

Last Post on December 5th, 2011. Yep thats about as dead as a thread is going to get. Better post my tech thingy here then.

Some of the buttons on my keyboard are slowly starting to stop working and I am considering buying a new keyboard.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-chroma

I was thinking about ordering this one. What do you guys think? 

I think it really brings out the color of my eyes. And it makes me feel FABULOUS!! 

Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Oh dear, in order to give any advice, i'll need to review what is currently out there.  I believe there was a Logitech G500 series out there that reminded me a lo tof the old logitech G15 or what not.  It looks nice.  But what are your requirements? Do you really enjoy a solid mechanical keyboard with that unique feel of specific key types? Cherry, brown, etc? need some good macro keys? 

I saw that keyboard when it was featured on neweggtv. It definitely looks awesome, specifically the colored lights thing. I see four star ratings everywhere. It basically comes down to this: Do you need a mechanical keyboard? Does it have enough G-keys to suit your needs in an MMO?

I have never seen the need for a mechanical keyboard. In my opinion, if you can't tell if you pressed a key or not, you're not pressing hard enough. Gaming keyboards are usually designed for lots of presses and pressing hard. All of my friends tried to suggest a mechanical keyboard when I needed a new board for MMO gaming. I bought the Logitech G510 which is not mechanical and have been very pleased with it. With it I have profiles and setups for my most played games, colors for each profile and each setup per profile.

Side note: The G510 and G510s are the exact same keyboard, one just has blue W,A,S,D, and arrow keys.

Since Raptr was installed.
Empiricus
Empiricis
Officer

I'm probably not actually going to get the rainbow keyboard I just thought it was really cool looking.

I've been using a mechanical keyboard for almost 3 years now and I don't regret getting it over a regular one at all. Plus for me its not really knowing if I hit the key or not; the keys actuate with a lot less pressure so I can use a lot of keys very quickly without having to fully press each down. That's not really an issue in mmos because of the GCD on abilities, but it makes a difference in a lot of the other games I play like League or Diablo where you can be casting multiple abilities simultaneously. Also most of the mechanical keyboards I have seen support anti-ghosting which allows me to have multiple keys pressed at the same time and not lock up the controls.

Additionally it has to be back lit because I like to sit by myself in the dark a lot.

Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

I use a Steelseries Merc Stealth, i love the MMO keys on the left, its like having an orbweaver built into the keyboard.  Its backlit with only three color options, Blue, Red, and Purple.  The software is nice but hasn't been updated with new game layouts but you can customize it any way you want, it has anti-ghosting and some pretty elaborate macro options.  

I got one just after launch when I realized by $5 dell keyboard was not meant for gaming and its never had a problem.

http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-merc-stealth

P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Tiger Direct has the MSI Z87-G45 Mobo on sale for $49.97.  Its a refurb but I have this Mobo and love it.  Great OC options, Gigabit LAN, Integrated SoundBlaster, DDR3 3000MHz memory speed supported, 14 USB ports (six 3.0)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=8529484&sku=M452-1153%20RF&SRCCODE=WEM4474EF&utm_source=EML&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=WEM4474&cm_lm=bxklees@gmail.com

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

South Park: The Stick of Truth is on sale for $14!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 6

Jump to: