Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
timaselj

re: Story of a Commando

This is my entry for the contest. Also I will not stop at the 800 words and will try to continue the story right unto the bitter end big grin

"I see four Sith troopers Big Bantha." Tim whispered into his commlink, even though his helmet wouldn't let any sound escape it unless he wished to.
"Roger that Watchful Gizka. Keep us posted."
"Roger, over and out."

He continued to check the four moving figures trough his sniper scope. The planet his squad was on was Falleen. A mostly jungle covered planet, full of plants, trees and insects. The last didn't bother Tim though. He had his armor and it would have to be quite a big insect to sting him. The figures were completely oblivious to his presence. Tim continued to monitor them, when he saw a fifth figure join them. "This is no trooper." Tim thought. He zoomed in and got his answer. It was a Sith Inquisitor. Tim raised the commlink again:"Sith Inquisitor spotted, requesting clearance to fire."

At first there was only buzzing of the static. Tim got a little scared. Big Bantha wasn't usually hanging him up. Then, finally a reply came:" Roger that, shoot to kill order has been authorised. Good hunting Gizka! Big Bantha over."

Tim took aim. He had time, as the figures still hadn't a clue of what was going to hit them. He aimed for the Inquisitor's head. He relished the long time he took. It filled him with anticipation, adrenaline. Time had slowed down for him. There was only him, and the target in his scope now. As the Inquisitor stepped toward Tim, Tim took the shot. A loud shot was heard. Then Inquisitor fell to the ground, missing half of his head.

The troopers stood perplexed. And then another shot could be heard. Now one of the troopers fell, with a large hole in his chest. The other three dived to the ground.

"Like that's going to be of any help." snorted Tim. He was on a slightly evaluated position, so unless they hid behind a rock, all was useless.

Another shot and another trooper wasn't going to come home. The other two exchanged looks. They started to stand up, when another shot was heard. The third trooper fell, his head dangling on what little of his neck remained.

The last one started to run. He was quite fast. "Guess that's what fear does to a man." thought Tim. He enjoyed to "play" with his enemies. Some considered this "playing" to be overly brutal and cruel, but they weren't here now. Tim let the last one run for a bit. "I bet he thinks I lost him." though Tim when he saw the guy stop. And a shot could be heard again. The trooper fell to his knees slowly. Where his stomach once was, there was but a big hole now.

"They really have to upgrade that armor and shielding..." remarked Tim to himself. He didn't give the trooper a gift of mercy. He would die soon enough. That big a hole can't be healed, even by bacta.

"Gizka here, all tangos have been eliminated. Waiting for orders, over."

"A job well done then, Gizka. regroup at checkpoint B. We are 3 hours of walking away from it. See you on the top, over and out.

"Roger that. See you on top Bantha. Over." Tim stood up, checked his surroundings. All was clear on his scope. He put the rifle on his back and started to trot lightly toward his designated course. While he was closer than his squad, he still needed to be in shape to fight when he was there.

Checkpoint B was a hill. Covered in even more plants and trees than the rest of the planet. Tim disliked such environments, because it was harder to snipe from such places. And because it made it harder, he cherished them, for it was a bigger challenge then.

He made it to the checkpoint without any trouble. He was the first to arrive. He found a suitable position for sniping and set there. It was merely half a minute from the meeting place. He took his rifle from his back, readied it, and started to check his surroundings. All was clear. Until he spotted movement. He took aim on it. And saw a gizka. He nearly laughed.

He continued to scout until his squad came. As they regrouped they each embraced each other.

Their squad of commandos had the longest record of serving of them all. Each other squad has lost at least one member, others had only one survivors. Of course the losses were replaced. But the squad wouldn't be functioning as good with new members, as it would with the old team. It took lots of adjusting for all of the members until they started to work well together.

They started making progress toward checkpoint C now. Their entire missions was carefully planned. Should one of the steps fail, the entire missions would be in grave danger. Their mission was to blow up the communication tower that the Sith had built. By doing so, they would cripple their hold on this part of the galaxy. And after Corusant, every victory had counted a lot. It gave soldiers and civilians hope, that the Republic may yet prevail.

They made their way trough the jungle slowly. Mostly because of the heavy weapons expert, but no one paid heed to that. It was the swamp that was troublesome. Since he had the heaviest gear, he kept stumbling. It was tiresome process. After a long march, they stood on checkpoint C. This was the part where they would all part, not just Tim. Each had been given an assignment. And each had been crucial for the mission's success.

Last edited by timaselj on January 23, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

The supreme art of war is to subdue your enemy without fighting.
Clusterfact

Hopefully there will be more to come! Looking good. big grin
timaselj

Chapter II:

They split up. Each one went in their own direction, each one as silently as one could go. Even the "heavy" went surprisingly quietly. They each had a job to do. And Tim was sure to make his.
"Not only for the republic," Tim though "but also for my battlebrothers!"

He was the first to infiltrate the facility around the tower. Tim neared the place he was supposed to enter. Two troopers were standing in front of a small gates. The gates were open. Tim could also see the console for opening and closing the gates inside. No one was at it. At least not at the moment.

Tim got as near as he could without risk of being seen. Then he suddenly dashed at the nearer trooper. He stroke for his head and activated the blade. The second one hadn't even a moment to think what had just happened. For a second after the first trooper was dead, so was he.

Tim wiped the blood off his wrist blade. He dragged the bodies into the bushes that were near enough. They would be easily spotted by a clear day, but there was a storm brewing and it was already dark as night, although it was about noon. Tim then progressed slowly and stealthily.

"Better to be late a minute and safe, than right on time with half the camp on your ass." thought Tim. He then reached his objective. A kind of a chimney. And at the top, Tim could relay everything to his squad. Everything they needed. But he had to get up first. He sighed and activated his stealth generator. He had hated to switch his utility belt for this, but the mission demanded it.

He started to climb slowly. He calculated the time he had left on his generator so he would get to the top without it running out of charge and moving slowly enough to not be spotted. His calculations proved correct. Just as he had set himself inside the chimney, the generator stopped. Tim was dangling by his hands. He then activated the devices he had on his boots, and stuck them into the walls of the chimney. Now he was free to observe.

The leader, Big Bantha had requested radio silence until they were all in the camp. Otherwise they could reveal that they were trying to infiltrate the camp. If they were in however, they could use short range comm's so they wouldn't be in much danger of being discovered. And soon enough he heard his leader speaking: "I need confirmation on every member being in position, over."

As they all signed in Tim spotted something. "Squad leader, wasn't there supposed to be only one transport in this outpost?"

"That's affirmative Gizka, why? Do you spot more?"

"Affirmative Bantha, there are 7. By the looks of them, I'd wager what they belong to the friends of the fellow I finished in the jungle."

"You know fully well this has to be done Gizka. Whether we live or die, it HAS to be done. Understood?"

"Loud and clear leader. Commencing operation Stork."

Tim started to give directions to his squad. All has been going well. They had already planted the charges. Suddenly Tim saw movement behind the leader. "Bantha, I'm seeing movement behi..."
"AAAGAAAGHGH!" Tim saw his leader cut down by a Sith Warrior.
"I think you heard that guys, blow this shit and lets get the fuck out of here! They know we are here! We've been compromised!"

And shortly a series of bangs were heard. The tower was falling down, covered in fire. It looked like a giant torch, being all lit up and left to fall on the ground. "I love my job." grunted Tim as he descended from the chimney. "Fat Rancor you're next in command, give us orders, and quick!" Tim yelled into the comm. He could hear troopers approaching. They must have seen him while he was descending."

"I know that! Weapons free! Meet at LZ-1. Those who aren't there in 10 minutes is getting a serious buttkicking from the sith!

Tim took out his blaster and shot the unlucky trooper that had appeared from the corner. He then dahshed for the gates he had come out from. He ran hard toward his designated course.

As he reached, he only saw "Rancor" or the "heavy" there. He had his weapon at the ready, so Tim also took his rifle and readied it. They shoot many unlucky bastards who decided to follow them. Soon three more of their squad appeared. One was injured though so another one was supporting him, while the third one was shooting like a madman. "Where are the others?" Tim yelled at them. The injured one made a sign that meant KIA. "Fuck!" Tim swore. He had been close with those men.

"Ok fellas' the transport should be arriving any time now. We just have to hold untill it ge..."
His voice trailed off. Tim looked back and saw a red pulsating beam of plasma sticking out of his teammate's neck. As he dropped he saw a figure of a woman behind him.

"CONTACT! SITH WARRIOR!" Tim yelled "6'O CLOCK!" He immidiately fired upon the lightsaber wielding figure. She blocked one shot easily, but the other got her in the knee. He entire lower foot came off and she let out a loud screech. Tim came closer and shot again, this time hitting her in the forehead. The transport was already in sight and landing. The one supporting one of the squad members was hit. He fell to the ground dead. That meant there were only three of them now, only two in fighting shape.

As the transport landed, they hauled the injured man into the transport, with the one providing cover before soon behind him. Tim then started to climb into the transport, when he suddenly felt something pulling him away he kicked back, to release himself from the grip, but he kicked into air. The grip tightened and he was flung away from the transport shuttle. "GO!" he yelled into the comm. "GO BACK AND REPORT TO HQ!"

The shuttle started to lift off. Tim was actually feeling happy, because at least some of his squad were going to make it. He was still lying on his back. He saw the shuttle now accelerating. Then he spotted a bright little spot behind the shuttle. "No..." He said. "NO!" as the shuttle exploded in bright yellow flames. He cracked. He started to cry. His whole squad was eliminated, and even though their objective was destroyed, the Republic wouldn't know about it for quite long.

He then remembered that he had been pulled out of the craft. Not by a man. By what seemed air. And then it switched to him. More force users!

timaselj

Chapter III

Tim lost track of how many days had passed since he was captured. The memory of loosing his squad, his battlebrothers, was still fresh and painful. Not as painful as the torture though. They tortured him every day, partly to get info out of him, partly because it was in their sadistic natures and they enjoyed it. Each day started the same. Two guards would appear and drag him down a hall to a room. In the room there were always some more guards and the Sith. Just a look at them was enough; Tim's heart would start beating faster, his brain would only recognize one thing; the wretched Sith in front of him. He could not even decide if he wanted to simply lie down and die or tear the apart with his hands, mouth and everything else available. And they seemed to sense this anger in him, for they appeared more satisfied when he was angrier, and even angry when he was not.

As they dragged him into the room, he was intrigued to see that there were no Sith there for once. Just a, at least what appeared to be, an officer. A general perhaps. In truth, he did not care much. It was a change in the tortures, but there will not be a change in the torture itself.

And Tim found himself gaping in surprise when the guards sat him down on a chair and uncuffed him. He was getting vary. "Something is not right." he thought to himself.
So he started to talk: "What's the meaning of this? You don't give a POW such luxury. Especially not after all this POW had done..." His eyes never left the officer. The man took a glance at Tim and then stood up.
"Even though you are POW, you have rights don't you?" The officer shot a serious look at Tim; "Don't mistake me for one of those Sith who enjoy torture and pain. For I am not.

"He's lying" Tim thought to himself, I'm sure of it. "But I'll play along. Might be I get myself out of this mess for good." Tim stood up and looked directly at the officer's eyes. "Then I apologize for my rudeness and I hope you will forgive me." He even managed a slight bow.

"Yes, yes..." the officer replied. "In fact I have come to relieve you of your pain." He continued to look into Tim's eyes. "Since you aren't speaking you will be killed. Right now." With that, the officer pulled a blaster and aimed it at Tim. He was very calm. Tim on the other hand was furious. That was HIS blaster, and each one of his now deceased squad had one. They all had them made at a gunsmith. To unify themselves. But he did not give anything away. Not one small bit of anger slipped trough his mask of cold.

"If I am to be killed, may I at least be killed honorably?" Tim asked with as much a straight face as he could manage. A plan had emerged from his head. "I ask you as a fellow soldier."

The officer seemed surprised. "Well, yes... Yes... Urrm how do you kill one honorably?"
He even blushed. "What an idiot." Tim thought. "Well it's like this, give me the blaster and I'll show you." It was a daring move, one that required an immense amount of luck. But it worked. The officer mumbled something incomprehensive and handed the blaster over.

And before he even realized what a foolish thing to do that was, he had a hole in his head.

Tim ran over to the armory. He shot anyone he saw. He didn't care anymore, as long as he could get away from here. As he entered it he saw someone handling his sniper rifle. And for that, that someone had earned a shot in the back. Tim took all his gear, at least all he could find and outfitted himself. He was done in under a minute. He ran out of the building and headed for the Sith transport shuttles. While it has been a long time since he had flown a ship himself, he still remembered where everything in the cockpit was.

He ran hard for the shuttles. He reached the first one, as the alarm sounded. And that was when the rail started to go down. Tim checked on which shuttles the rails weren't going down and ran to one. He forced a small chute close at the engine to open and climbed in. "I hope this ship actually belongs to a guy I've killed. Else I'm probably done for."

As he made his way deeper into the ship, he heard noises. He pulled out his blaster and went from the engine room to the center of the ship. It was only a droid. An astromech droid at that. It started to scream loudly, so Tim set his blaster's setting to low power and disabled the droid. Hopefully nobody heard him. He went and started to reprogram the droids behavior to serve the Republic and recognize Tim as it's master. He was done soon. He ran to the cockpit after turning the droid back on and gave it it's orders. He was getting off this forsaken planet.

The ship started to lift. Tim punched the throttle to the max and set it for the atmosphere. Hopefully he could loose any pursuers in the clouds that were gathering. But strangely enough there were no pursuers. Tim doublechecked the radar, but nothing was on there.

Then he reached the space. Tim's jaw dropped in utter horror that he had witnessed there. A fleet of about 30 Imperial ships was orbiting the planet. Tim quickly set the hyperdrive to take him to Corusant and punched the shields to the max, leaving him practically motionless. He already saw the radar showing all sorts of red dots (the droid had modified the FoF (friend or foe) device.) closing up on him. All the ships alarms started to scream as they started attacking the ship. "Come on, COME ON!" Tim yelled at the ship's computers. He saw a lot of blaster fire and missiles coming at him. And at the moment all that ordnance would have struck his new ship, he went into hyperspace.

Tim doubted for a while. He doubted that it was possible that he was as lucky as he was. He had escaped narrow death twice today. He set himself back, as he traveled toward Corusant.

timaselj

Sorry guys, no new story this time, I'd just like some kind of confirmation that anyone is actually reading this? Because I'd love to write more, but to write to myself would be pretty pointless >.<

Clusterfact

Yeah, I've been reading it. Happy Is Tim's mission over? Or is he going back to Coruscant for reinforcements?
timaselj

All shall be revealed in due time! wink

Zoron Ror

Just started reading it, very good. I am just glad you are on our side!

Chapter IV:

A couple of months have passed since Tim's mission. He was given leave for these few months, for the injuries to his body and mind have been severe. He also kept the droid he had gotten with the ship. It was the only thing to remind him of his fallen squad. That and his blaster pistol.

Tim was lying on the bed, unable to sleep. He had barely slept since he had gotten a new order. A transfer order. He would be transferred into a new squad. A squad of barely trained rookies that he would have to prepare for battle. "What bullsh*t." Tim thought to himself. "I'm not ready to lead a squad. I don think I'm even prepared to be in one." He decided, that he would disobey that order. Disobey it, so he could go and study medicine. Not for being a civilian doctor though. A combat medic.

And the next day he went to the HQ on Corusant. There he arranged everything that needed to be arranged in order for him to go study. The entire staff was extremely nice with him. They were nice, because he had saved an entire Republic fleet from destruction. When he escaped those ships above the planet he was on before, he reported what he saw. It turned out a small, but important fleet of republic ships would be traveling past there.

And so the months went by. Tim's burden began to wear off. He wasn't as troubled because of his comrades deaths as he was before. He successfully completed his studies and requested a transfer. This time, he asked for a similar opportunity as he was give before. To train the squad before going into combat with them. The appeal was approved and Tim shortly found himself on a shuttle to Ord Mantell. There his new squad awaited him.

As he stepped off the ship, he was quickly surrounded by a small crowd. At first confused, he quickly realized that this must be it. His new squad. They kept shouting and greeting him, everyone trying to shake his hand. Tim wondered for a moment, whether he should make them know who is in charge, or play nice. He decided on the latter.

After about half an hour later, he had mesmerized everyone's names. Not that they would matter though, they would all be given nicknames. His new squad consisted of nine people, him being the tenth. There was one Zabrak, three male and one female Twilek and two male and three female Humans.

Tim thought long and hard how he should get to know them even better. Trough training or a drink? This time he decided for the first option. He told them all to assemble on the training field in one hour. In the meantime he went and made himself comfortable at his new quarters. He was the first one to arrive at the field, he was ten minutes early. One by one, or in groups, the rookies came to the field and stood at attention. No one was late. Tim was pleased to see that, it meant they had some discipline. He then put them trough a series of test, to test their strength, agility, ability to think in a dire situation and most importantly resolve. It wouldn't matter how agile or strong a trooper was, if he had no resolve he was dead. He again made them stood at attention and explained one last exercise to them. They would have to be as fast as possible. The exercise consisted of crawling under barbed wire, while being shot at with paralyzing bolts. Then the would have to climb over the wall, and run about half a kilometer. And all that time he would be shooting.

They started off. The Zabrak and one man gave up at the barbed wire. One of the female Twileks gave up at the climbing. Two more men fell at running. Those who failed or were winded would still need a lot of training. That meant that only two of them were fit to be in his squad at the moment. A Twilek female and a woman. The rest were heavily winded or had give up beofre.

Again the months went on. At the end of the fourth month, all of the rookies were able to do that exercise with ease. Now came the "ceremonial" part of giving them nicknames. He himself would be known as the Big Wampa. He assigned each of the squad members a nickname. This was his new squad.
This was his new life.

Clusterfact

Haha I liked the nickname, "Big Wampa". Good stuff, Tim. Happy
Valtrics

You have great insight as to how a story flows. I did an essay once for Blizzards "Creative Writing Contest" and I obviously read a lot of the competitions entries. This is definitely in the same skill level as the better writers out there.

Don't ever stop doing what you enjoy bro, Good work.

Chapter V:

"...Please step up to the stage." The last of Tim's trainees has been called to the stage, to be congratulated and given a confirmation, that they are now a Republic Trooper. Tim had never felt so proud before. Each was now specialized in some art of warfare. The Zabrak was their recon, with a sniper not so different as Tim once used, the Twilek males were all specialized in heavy weapons, one carrying a laser equivalent to a gatling gun, the other carrying a heavy rocket launcher. The third one carried a hand-held canon. The Twilek female was a combat medic, same as Tim. The human females were demolition experts and the males were assault troopers. The squad was versatile, and deadly.

Tim went trough their new names once again: Lazy Tauntaun (twilek male), Caring Bantha (twilek female), Krayt Dragon (twilek male), Swift Gizka (zabrak), Small Rancor (twilek male), Angry Ewok (human female), Explosive Dewback (human female), Slow Eopie (human male), Fat Nexu (human male) and Bold Mynock (human male). The animals were representing specializations, the word before was random (except for the leader).

As soon as Tim reported back to HQ that his new squad was ready, they were given a mission. The squad would have board a Republic Cruiser where they would be briefed further. When they boarded they were recived by the ship's captain, who also briefed them. The ship would be searching for any Empire ships in the vicinity of Republic Space, and attack it. The squad would board the enemy ship and disable it as best they could.

Almost two weeks have passed since they left Ord Mantell. They had still to see any action and because the squad was new, they were nervous. Even Tim. Though he wasn't as nervous as the others, it would be his first time leading a squad. He hoped that he wouldn't screw it up.

Soon enough they came upon an Empire ship, trying to sneak itself into Republic space. The intent was unknown and Tim didn't care. They would take it out no matter what. Soon, the fighting began. Tim and his squad were all set up and ready to go in a moment's notice. Then they were given the signal. They boarded the transport and it took them to the enemy ship. The landing bay doors of the enemy ship was blasted open, so Tim instructed his team not to compromise their armor integrity at all costs.

The transport landed, and the landing bay was empty. Which was not really a surprise, seeing that the doors and the forcefield were gone. Tim took a view of the place and began to give out orders: "Dewback, get a charge on that door. Gizka I want you in that corner" he said pointing "and provide covering fire for when we return. Tauntaun you stay with Gizka. Mynock you as well. The rest on me!" Soon after, Dewback signaled that the charge was set. "Blow it." Tim said over the comm. With a loud and bright bang, the blast door were blown away. Tim led the squad in.

First they headed for the bridge. They would eliminate the commanding structure's top and cause chaos. Not long and they were at the bridge's door. Tim found it strange that there were only so few guards patrolling the ship. They only needed to kill two. Both died silently, by knives. "Ewok, your turn now" Tim told her on the comm "as big of a bang you can make." She set a charge, took cover and waited. Tim nodded and the charge went off. The explosion was even worse than the one that took out the blast door at the landing bay. The assault troopers, Eopie, Nexu and Mynock were the first ones in, firing at anything that moved. Then came Rancor and Dragon, also firing everywhere. The bridge was in shambles only a few moments after they entered. Most of the consoles were destroyed, either by the blast or by the gunfire. There were corpses strewn everywhere.

"The bridge is out" Tim called back onto their own ship, "we are moving toward the power core." They went. There were even less people near the power core, Tim observed. "What the hell is going on? Are they really this undermanned?" And soon got the answer to that. In front of the power core door, two Sith warriors stood. They saw the squad and started coming their way. "You were fools to come here" one of the bellowed "you are all going to die now!" He charged at the squad but he was full of openings and was quickly shot down by the squad. The other one appeared to be more cautious and proceeded to them slowly. Some bolts grazed his armor, but that was not enough. Tim ordered his squad to continue firing and drew his vibro knife. He charged the Sith, shoulder first, knocking him down. He plunged the knife into the Sith's ribcage, right where the hear was. The Sith's eyes betrayed surprise and fear. He was dead a second later.

The rest of the mission went on without any complications. They disabled the powercore of the ship and anything not wearing an enviroment suit or specialized combat suit was quickly dead. As they returned to the landing bay, they saw a pile of bodies floating in the air. "Had a little fun, I see." said Tim to the trio that remained. "Yes sir" replied Gizka apparently they tried to ambush you when you would return." Tim patted him on the shoulder "good job, the lot of you." They called for a transport and went back to the Republic ship. Then they watched another Republic ship come, and harry the damaged Empire one away. "It's gonna be used to make new ships for us." the captain explained to them. "Now come, join us for a hot meal. You've earned it."

The dinner was full about how Tim had "heroically" defeated a Sith Warrior in melee combat. At that, Tim just smiled, realizing that even had he denied it, the rumor would remain. The mission expiry date was one month, and until the month was over, they had taken out two more Empire ships. Then they returned to Corusant to be given additional orders.

timaselj

Chapter VI:

Four more months had passed. Tim's squad was one of the best, and he was proud of them. These four months have stripped away any softness that his training had not. They had seen a lot of combat. They've been trough hell and back. And yet still they did not break. They did not falter. And most importantly... They did not forget who they were.

They were assigned to destroy yet another Sith facility in the Outer Rim. Tim had long lost count of how many facilities or ships they had destroyed or disabled. Much less how many people he had killed. Truth be told, he didn't care. They were the enemy. They deserved to die. They were attacking all he held dear. And they had to be stopped. Tim looked at his squad. Though they all had their helmets on, he could sense their determination, their eagerness to protect what they held dear. But most of all, to see the Sith Empire vanquished, forced to crawl back to the far away planets they had came from. All of them had avowed that they would see it happen. They would see the Sith Empire on it's knees, or die while making it do so.

Tim's stream of thoughts was suddenly interrupted by the pilot's voice coming in trough the comm: "Omega Squad, get ready. ETA to the drop is 2 minutes!" The ship they were in was a specially modified insertion craft. It had it's own stealth generator, and hyperdrive. But more importantly, it had a drop pod launcher. Two to be precise. Tim's squad was to be dropped directly in the middle of the facility. The generator on the ship was one of the newest, and supposedly, best generators out there.

The first one's to go would be two of the assault troopers, Mynock and Eopie. They were the better ones to go first, since their firepower and mobility would create chaos. Only the Gizka would be dropped on the nearby hill, to provide long ranged support. They wished luck to one another, and the assault began. Mynock and Eopie were off, with Tim or "Wampa" and Bantha right behind. Then followed The Tauntaun and Dragon, Rancor and Ewok, and latsly Nexu and Dewback. They had all landed in parts of facilities that were close to each other, but not close enough for the defenders to box them in. Part by part the facility was getting destroyed, and the death toll rising for the defenders. Since the assault was so sudden, the alarm hadn't even sounded on some parts when the duos were already there. When most of the facility lay in ruins and the remaining Sith soldiers fleeing, they regrouped. Tim was pleased to see that the worst damage was some scorched armor on all of them.

That's when they had received another comm transmission: "Mayday, mayday, this is the Republic Cruiser Avalanche to any Republic forces on the planet, we were ambushed by two Imperial ships. The ship has sustained heavy damage and is falling. Can anyone hear us? Please respond!"

"This is Omega Squad of the Republic Elite Trooper Force, Avalanche. We can read you loud and clear. What are your approximate coordinates of landing?" Tim responded.

"Thank the Force! We are probably going to crash land at the coordinates of x 403 and y 005. We've already sent a distress signal to the fleet, and with some luck, someone will be here shortly to pick us up!"

"Solid copy Avalanche. The position you've provided is just a few clicks north of us. When we have a visual on you, we're going to get to you, and help you hold out until help arrives. Omega out." He looked at his teammates. "You guys ready for this?"
There was a moment of silence. Then Gizka screamed: "Let's go kill some more Sith bastards!" The others started shouting voices of approval and Tim smiled. "Then what the hell are you waiting for!? We have a visual on the ship, I want you there on the double!" In a moment's notice, they checked their gear and started double-timing it to the place where the ship was falling.

The ship's fall was ugly. On impact, it split open on many places and smoke erupted form everywhere. Tim's squad first checked for any unlikely survivors around the ship. The sight was not pleasant. Body parts lay strewn across the ground, probably the consequence of a such deep impact. Then they boarded the ship. They found the occasional survivor, but since they were on the corridors when the crash happened, the only thing Tim and Batnha could do was give them a sleeping drug. A permanent dose.

The condition in the barracks was better. More survivors lay here, and most could still be saved. Bantha stayed in there, treating them, and so did Ewok and Nexu. The rest of the squad advanced to the bridge, the last place on the ship they hadn't checked yet. Only the captain survived the crash. He got off with only a bruise. Tim eyed him trough the helmet suspiciously. Either that man was extremely lucky, or something was wrong here.

After they had finished examining the ship, they had determined that it was not a defensible position. The facility, on the other hand was another story. While the squad did destroy most of it, there were still some buildings that were standing. Those haven't been brought down, because they were deemed to be too tough to do so. They escorted everyone there. Everyone who could hold a weapon and shoot it were requested to do so. The attack on their position would be inevitable. They had sported a Republic flag over the building after all... That was done in the case that whoever came to their rescue wouldn't shoot them up along with the Sith.

And truly, it didn't take long for Gizka to start yelling alarms. Since he was the only one with a sniper, he was the lookout. The situation was grim. Very grim. A whole regiment of Sith was advancing on their position. Tim gave out orders. They barricaded the lowest floor completely. It would take a lot of firepower to break trough. They had also used every single bit of explosives they had. Mines, remote explosive devices were put all around them. Grenades were passed to every defender. Bantha and Tim were on standby to provide medical assistance to whomever would get injured. Tim as the leader also needed to be able to see the whole field.

And then they came. With a single roar, loud enough to shake the building the whole regiment of Sith charged toward the building. Tim waited for them to reach the mines. When a tens of soldiers died just like that, they had slowed down. Not nearly enough though. A few moments later, the remote explosives were set off. This time hundreds died. And yet still the only thing they saw was the Republic flag on the building.

They had been fighting for about four hours. While the Sith had lost nearly half their men, most of the Republic forces in the building were exhausted. Some were even dead. The only ones effectively defending the building was the Omega squad. Even they had started to loose hope. Tim immediately saw that he had to do something. Something to bolster morale. If he didn't do it, they'd give up. While they were battle hardened, even this was a bit too much. While he kept thinking of what to do, it flashed to him. They needed a hero right now.

Tim decided. He went down up the stairs to the roof. He looked down on the Sith soldiers, advancing from cover to cover, while exchanging shots from the forces in the building. He put his helmet's speakers to the loudest and yelled: "For the Republic!" And jumped off. He set a dose of adrenaline to him, making him faster and stronger. He also used a lot of stimulants. He took out his knife, and when he made it to the first Sith soldier, he slashed his neck. The killing spree continued. He ran here and there, like a wild animal, screaming and killing. When the stimulants started to wear off, he started retreating. But no before he tossed the last of his grenades, to kill more of the Sith. When he reached the building, Bantha, who was waiting for him at the roof, threw him a rope. He took it, and climbed to the roof. Bantha hugged him when he arrived. "Good job, sir." she said. Tim was surprised by it.

When he descended the stairs he noticed everyone clapping at him, and cheering. Apparently he had done the right thing. He was confident and happy. They could still win this. He turned around to check on the injured. They appeared to be unconscious. Tim approached one to check her vitals. She was dead. Tim got the feeling that something wasn't as it should be. He kept checking them, only to find out that they are all dead. All but the captain, who had a strange look in his eyes. And suddenly Tim couldn't breathe.

He grasped his neck and fell to his knees. The captain was in fact a Stih! He was certain that this would be his doom. His team mates wouldn't know what hit them until it was too late. They would all die. Tears started rolling out his eyes. He closed them and saw the old squad's faces. He would not let that happen again. Ever. That had awoken terrible anger in him. He stood up, much to the Sith's despair. Where there was a grin earlier, was now a concerned frown. Tim took his knife out once more. He slowly advanced to the Sith, forgetting that he can't breathe. The grip had failed as the Sith brought his hands over his head. Tim pinned him down, and stabbed the Sith into his stomach. He did the same to his lugs. While a quick death, it would be a painful one.

Tim stood up again, and turned to face the few remaining crew and his squad. The crew stood perplexed. One of them asked: "I know that our captain wasn't the most pleasant of people, but was it really necessary to kill him?" Tim explained what had happened. And when they searched the body, they found a lightsaber. With a red beam no less. Tim took it as a trophy of sorts. That's when the attack started to become more intense. While they were dealing with the Sith in their ranks, the soldiers started attacking with more vigor. Tim gave the orders to repel the attackers. Omega Squad threw itself into the fray once more.

The night vent by. Only Tim and Krayt Dragon were able to stand. The rest were injured, but fortunately no one else died since the Sith was discovered. No Republic trooper anyways. After all that, this would still be their final hour. Tim inserted his last power cell into his blaster rifle. "If I'm going out, I'm making as many of them to come with me." he though to himself. He fired away again. The Sith apparently got reinforced, for they attacked with more ferocity than before. Suddenly, Dragon collapsed. Tim ran to him, checking on his vitals. He had been shot in the chest. Since his armor was in a very bad condition due to all the fighting, it wounded him badly. He'd live, if the soldiers who were still advancing wouldn't kill them all. He fixed Dragon up as much as he could, and dragged him to the rest. He went to the window and started shooting. The Sith were surprised that he did that, and some of them stood there until they got gunned down. Unlike them, his shots were always lethal.

His rifle ran out of juice. He tossed it down, unsheathed his knife, and started yelling: "You want me and my people? Come and get us!" He descended the stair to slaughter anyone who came trough the very weakened barricade. And sure enough, they started coming soon. Tim used half of his remaining stimulants and starting stabbing all in front of him, while retreating slowly up the stairs. The body pile was getting large. And then he heard them. The beloved sound of Republic fighters. They started shooting everything around the building, and soon the Sith were on the run. While they still had a lot of men, they did not have the equipment to destroy those fighters. There was only one remaining soldier left in the building, and he quickly tossed his weapon on the ground, and put his hands behind his neck. Tim had half of mind to stab him, but decided against it. That's what a Sith would do, not him. He gestured that the soldier should run. And fast. He understood, and ran.

Soon all the Republic people who were in that building were on transports. Even the bodies. The living were put into infirmaries, the dead out the airlock with all the honors.

timaselj

Just a small btw, I added a lot to the previous post. I had accidentally pressed sumbit instead of preview.

timaselj

Just to get the general idea, how many of you guys would like me to try and update this every week? Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: