Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Kbrury

re: Chapter 1: Servitude

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CORUSCANT

Smoke still fueled the sky and cries could still be heard in the distance. The Republic, once a beautiful being for so many years had been scarred by the treachery of evil. Evil not only belonging to the Sith Empire but of the Republic itself. The Sacking of Coruscant was a devastating blow to the hearts and minds to all the citizens, military or not.

Back stabbed with the notion of peace, the Republic fell to its knees with ease. The Sith had gotten the Republic exactly where they wanted it, killing leaders, citizens, and anyone else caught in the crossfire. The Jedi Order once a symbol of wisdom and protection for the Republic received most of the blame. Had the defenders of Bothawui just delayed the inevitable giving up their lives in vain?

Crippled, the Order left Coruscant making a new home on Tython as the Republic handed over many of its outer systems to the Empire. The Jedi Order would not just stand by and do nothing. They had decided to approve a new force - a guild if you will proposed by one of it's own, Jedi Master Gaiutus Balthar.

Gaiutus had hatched a plan to be able to fight. He decided to organize a group of Republic sympathizers to fight the Sith. They would not be directly involved with the Republic, but would vow to fight for them. Gaiutus insisted the Jedi Council allow him to found this new group. He pointed out that they were not bound by the Treaty, so they could fight the Sith without constraint. After much deliberation, the Council allowed Gaiutus to proceed with his plans.

He decided to call this new ‘guild’ the Pax Republica, or ‘Peace for the Republic'. Among it's members was Vacko Akla, the former leader of Havoc Squad who had worked with Gaiutus many times. After approval the Republic and the Jedi Order sent members flocking thier way - Troopers, Jedi, and even contracted Smugglers. Whether they were rookies or veterans of war Pax Republica grew. Now in secret the Republic could fight back against the Sith, balancing the force, and upholding justice. To regain all that was lost the Republic must regroup once again much like they did in the Great Hyperspace War many centuries ago.

The newly formed guild meets in secret within the lower levels of Coruscant where Gaiutus awaited them.
The fires of the assault still burned days later with a fervor which mirrored the rage of many of those who stood before him. The cries of the innocent, the helpless, the abandoned, all rang out through the under city of Coruscant. Rubble fell from tall high-rises which stood kilometers into the sky, rising up like tombstones above a world which was now a graveyard. So much death, so much suffering…it would be a wonder if this planet ever recovered and was not tainted by the Dark Side.

The group of armed individuals, clad in a swath of Durasteel plate, Verpine mesh, Echani and reinforced fiber armor stood before him. The colors and hues of their gear were as diverse as the individuals themselves. Races from all over the Galaxy were amassed before him, determined to return that which was dealt to their families ten fold.

He stood facing the crowd, raised up on smoldering rubble, with his back to an open expanse of the city which smoked without end like the volcanoes on Ord Mantell. The shouts of the men and women who gathered below him began to echo off the crumbling walls around them, until they seemed almost ghostly, like the cries of those lost during the attack.

He raised his right arm, fist clenched tight, light saber in hand. His robe flowed around him as the wind funneled through the narrow streets – or was it the spirits of those dead returning to the Force which rushed past…he couldn't tell, but he knew either way, they were with it now.

A sudden explosion rocked the area as a buildings gas line ruptured nearby. The ground rumbled, nerves were shook, but the voices settled. Using this lapse in noise, he took a step forward hand still raised and spoke in a loud and deep voice.

“Death. It waits for us all. We know this, we have seen this, and they have felt this.” He said as he pointed towards the ruins around him, moving his arm in a circular motion. “The voices of the innocent, the hopeful, and the future were silenced by the wail of war. Our families, our friends, our loved ones, gone within moments. Our notions of peace, of hope, of prosperity, dashed before our eyes.” A Republic Fighter streaked across the sky between the towers which encircled them as the Sith Armada had circled the planet.

“I do not need recount what happened here..for I do not believe it is something which can be remembered in words. So I ask you now to look around, take in what you see. Breath in that smoke, feel the heat of those fires, and know that this is why you are here before me.” He paused to allow them a moment to ready themselves. “You are here for many reasons; Revenge, hate, honor, morality, duty, promise, and desperation. You are here to strike at those who would take from us the very foundation of our Republic, those who have taken from us the very foundations of our lives.”

He looked up to the sky again to see more ships fly over head. The vessels were standard Republic transport craft, likely taking his order to Tython where they sought solace and refuge from it would seem both the Sith, and their Republic. “The Jedi go now to Tython, to ponder their lack of foresight, to escape the accusations and blame of a frail and weak Republic, and the vigilante retribution of zealous soldiers who would seek a scapegoat for this travesty. However, it is with their greater wisdom that I have convinced them to grant us a chance to strike against our foe in the ways we most feel necessary. Our Republic has accepted a pact that the Empire will not keep, they cannot keep – and so we must strike fast and with such vigor that they fall before our very name.”

He turned and motioned for a soldier to step forward and unravel a banner. Upon it was the Aurabesh language whose words spelled out “Pax Republica. This is what we fight for, for Peace, for a return to Order, a return to Hope, a return to Life. We will take back what we have lost, stone by stone, planet by planet, sector by sector, until we have recovered the entire Galaxy. We will stand testament to sacrifice made by Jedi Master Beth Allusis and the brave soldiers who fought with him on Bothawui. We will see to it that they’re deaths, and the deaths here on Coruscant and all throughout the Galaxy are not in vain.”

He then nodded to a grizzled looking man in singed dirtied trooper armor. “Not all of us have the honor of having met before this moment, but that is no concern, for we are united and we will grow as one entity. A union of trust, of dedication, of determination to our cause.” The soldier stepped up beside him shouldering an enormous rifle. “Sergeant Major Vacko Akla stands beside me, just as you all stand before me, and we are united as survivors. Let that be our unifying bond, for that we survived where so many others did not. We shall remember the dead, but we shall fight for those still living.”

He raised his arm again, one final time in defiance to the Sith who stalked the stars above them. “We fight in the name of the Republic, but under our own banner. We fight as a last hope of a dying Republic, but not for politicians, nor for Admirals or Jedi Councilors, but for the people who make it what it is. A ship "waits" for us at the dockyards two blocks from here. Once aboard you will be briefed on our first assignment. We cannot talk about it here, for the enemy is everywhere it seems…even within our own senate.” He flipped the activation button on his light saber. Pointing it towards the opening behind him, towards the golden sun which now set upon the smoldering ruins of a once proud planet, the once invincible seat of power for the Galactic Republic, he finished.

“Know this, that we have but one goal, one motto, one belief we follow…” He trailed off as he lowered his blade and removed the hood from his face. “That Peace, shall be realized, once again.”

Last edited by Kbrury on February 1, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 5 times in total

Kryad Explo

He looked in the ground after listening to the speech. He only thought about his sister. He heard something came from behind. He wanted to pull his light saber but saw it only was Sorful.

“Did I scare you?“ “A bit, and never do it, remember I got my past with my saber.“ “Aha well I think you should be careful from now on to use it. And as you ordered I brought this box“ "Aha thanks" They went over to the box. They took up their guns and armors. And went to be ready. Kryad remembered what his teacher had said “Resol'nare. “

---Aux---

Aux sat in his small fighter as it traveled through hyperspace. He was en route to the Dantooine system, where he was under orders from the jedi council to track the movements of an important sith lord.

"How much longer?" Aux asked his dark blue T3 unit, which was nicknamed "hydro".

The driod relayed through the fighters HUD, "ETA in the Dantooine system, 10 minutes.

Aux tried to meditate, and prepare himself for what was ahead, but it was difficult in the small fighter, and he was no more ready in ten minutes when the fighter emerged from hyperspace.

Before Aux could even start directing the fighter to the planet, it was struck by a blast from behind. Whoever was behind this attack id not shoot again. Aux thought that they were assuming that his fighter was crippled, and that he would die without them having to lift another finger. And they very well could be right, as the fighter was out of control, and spiraling down towards the planet.

Last edited by ---Aux--- on January 24, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

A lone Mon Calamari with deep, green tinted skin stood in the half-shadows just beyond the crowd gathered around the Jedi Master. He heard his speech, but most of it was lost on him, there was no "duty" or "honor" in war. If they were making it on the Sith, he would join them, but he wanted nothing to do with their sense patriotism. The Republic failed to protect his people, allowed sometihng in their own greater interest to be annhilated, and then turned away any type of assistance program after the Sith had destroyed most of the shipyards that orbited Dac. Their reasoning for it all was that they had come and gone, and not annexed the system, so, no permanent harm done. Many died.

Despite his passive hate for the Republic because of that, he wanted revenge on the Sith even more. His entire family and their entire estate had been destroyed in the attack. So, he was here, following the many whispers that said "rebellion" on the lower levels of Coruscant. It was quite a crowd gathered, maybe he could do what he wanted after all. But maybe he wouldnt reveal himself to the all, they seemed to passionate about their Republic.

Lord Marvel

I was sitting under the column just letting my thoughts flow as I double checked my rifle and the rest of the equipment without even realizing it, I was watching all "people" who have gathered here as well as the surroundings, didn`t really listen to what Master Gaiutus was saying. I took a second and watched the scenery, it reminded me about why I am here.
"I don`t care what we are fighting for... as long as we are going to kill Sith" I whispered to myself as I made last adjustments to my armor and got up, stood at ready waiting for order to move out to the ship.
The Lone Wanderer

The Lone Wanderer found himself casually strolling through the markets in the lower levels of Coruscant. After the last job on Alderaan he was sticking to routine cargo drops; a break from this frantic pace might do him some good. There was no telling with the conflict between the Sith and the Republic what the long term consequences on business might be. And he needed some credits badly.

Passing by a rather unscrupulous Dug vendor the Dug yelled out to him, "Hey! Human, come here! I have a business proposition for you and you look like the reliable type." The Wanderer meandered behind the small kiosk and whispered to the Dug, "What kind of business are we discussing, friend?" The Dug scratched his face with his fore paw, "I have a few crates of Spice to move if you're interested. Half up front and half when you reach Sernpidal." An alarm rang in the back of the Wanderer's mind, Sernpidal was now under Sith control and a lot of good friends had gone missing there lately. Sernpidal was not somewhere he should decide to travel to lightly. The Dug's counter-offer brought him out of thought, "Sixty percent up front perhaps?" It appeared the frown was noticeable on the Wanderer's face.

Just then, down the street, the Wanderer heard the hint of a loud speech, "...we fight for, for Peace, for a return to Order, a return to Hope, a return to Life..." Here was his exit. He threw the Dug a mild smirk, "Actually, sir, I have another job I must attend to as pleasing as your offer sounds. Many apologies." He then bowed out, the Dug yelling at his back, and made his way hastily to the crowd gathered before the Jedi at the end of the street. Whatever this was, it had better be good.

Azno tried to listen to the speech but all he could think about was when he was younger Corusant was attacked in a similar fashion! It was a horrible day of his life where he almost lost everything. It was a day of anger and sadness. "Why can't I just forget that day? Why is it so painful to remember? I just need to stay calm and not get to upset about it."Azno whispered.

Azno then looked around the room to see the faces of the others. He then closed his eyes to read the surface thoughts of others. The emotions and thoughts were based on sadness, rage, and depression.

Azno looked at his Padawan and said "Prepare yourself for the worst. At any time disaster can strike and I you need to be ready for it!" He then looked at Kryad and Sorful noticing they were almost ready for anything.

After the speech was over he stood there waiting as the crowd was heading towards the vessel sensing something was wrong with the situation. "Padawan, you go on ahead without me with the others. I'll meet you guys later. If you can tell them to wait for me for a bit I'll be there." Azno spoke to Xevdrin as the crowd was headed for the ship.
Ellegos

Vacko stood beside Gaiutus' during his speech. Staring in to the eyes of every woman and man listening, he could see fear, hope, and admiration in them all. Looking up, he stared in to the sky seeing the smoldering black fumes of smoke rise in to the atmosphere. A cool breeze swept the under level's, he let it blow across his face.

The Sith beat them, they hit them hard. Though, they may break their bodies, they could never shatter their spirits. It wasn't going to be advanced weaponry, hi-tech ships, or better technology that was going to end this, it was going to be the hearts and souls of everyone. The Republic needed Pax Republica, now more than ever.

As Gaiutus was walking away, Vacko looked back before he turned. Raising his arm in the air, motioning to everyone to follow, he let loose a cheer. Quickly following Gaiutus to their new "ship".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Unbarring Tomb

Wearing a grayish armor with green stripes, A Nautolan named Unbarring, was standing in the crowed nodding to every word the Jedi master said, but his attention was caught when his companion was checking his rifle, his companion was named AK-16, he was a Assault droid he built several weeks ago,with armor plating, and personal shields.
I asked him what the hell are you doing? he said,
Replies:Master I was checking my ammo, I want to make sure iIdo not fry any good meat-bags.
My reply, face palm, we are not going into combat, were getting a ship.
AKs Replies:Worried I don't know master, but I get a filling I may have to fry some sith meat-bags, on our way there.
My replies:sigh, just as I look up I see half the people moving forward, and heard a cheer, so Unbarring and AK followed in there foot steps.

Last edited by Unbarring Tomb on January 23, 2010 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

A smuggler stood in the back of the assembled men and women twirling his modified "Renegade" heavy blaster pistol on his pointer finger. A few years earlier he would have found it hard not to laugh at a propaganda speech such as this. That was before his parents had been killed by a imperial agent hired by the Separatists to stamp out the resistance movement in one of their cities. Yes, Peace would be released once again, once the sith were nothing but dust in the void of space. Behind him stood his crew, a powerfully built droid and Seyara a female twilike sharpshooter.
"Zabac how much are we getting paid to be in this outfit" she said. "Not much barely enough to get a good drink at the cantina" he replied. "but if we loot sith corpses we should make out pretty well" With Seyara satisfied Zabac studied Gaiutus, he looked like he had double the brain capacity of your average glowbat but in Zabac's mind that wasn't much to brag about.

There was no doubt now, the young Jedi Knight was exactly where he needed to be. After listening to the wise words of Master Gaiutus his new leader, Seiryuu gained confidence for the path that lied before him and his new comrades. While help was still needed for the ailing people of Coruscant, they had to go immediately. The Sith work quickly but so would Pax Republica.

Seiryuu, is a Togruta who has seen his fair share of battles from the war. While growing up on Dantooine he enlisted in the Republic Army to defend his home from the Sith who were sent there. Over the years Seiryuu at a late age for force users, had begun to manifest the force. His superior officers took notice and immediately sent him to train on Coruscant. Angrily Seiryuu agreed, though he wanted to stay and fight he realized that he could return and help even more after his training was completed.

The Jedi Temple accepted him, the force grew rapidly within Seiryuu and after a few years he was ready to take his Jedi Trials. But before he could take them the Sith launched their surprise attack upon Coruscant. Seiryuu was charged with leading civilians into the underground. He obeyed but thought he could be of more help fighting the Sith.

He returned to the surface where he found the temple destroyed and most of his brethren killed. After regrouping with what was left of the Jedi, they decided to award him his Jedi Knight status without taking the trials something unheard of within the Republic. The Sacking of Coruscant they believed acted as his trial as he followed his orders willingly even though the fighting took place on the surface. They already knew he was skilled with the force and a light saber but now they knew he could withstand the emotions that came with hardship and loss of life as tested in the Trials of Flesh.

Now that he was assigned to Pax Republica Seiryuu could now do the fighting for his brethren and bring peace back to the Republic.

Tsavonglah`

Drann stood tall and straight throughout the speach. He let each and every word sink in and he knew the truth of what Gaiutus was saying. He had seen many comrades fall in battle with the Sith he knew their brutal ways this treaty was simply another ploy and he would not wait for the Sith to make their next move he would carry the fight to them for all who had perished for the greater good.

Having just arrived on a freighter, Varan stepped out of the cargo hold and looked at awe and despair at the destruction of his homeworld. After getting his bearings, he slings his rifle across his back and proceeds past the landing pad towards a destroyed area.

Varan worried that he stuck out with his grey Durasteel armor and Verpine Sniper Rifle. Perhaps he was an easy target for the Sith? Perhaps his armor looked too similar to the one worn by Recon Commandos? Many emotions plagued him: fear, anger, hate and excitement just to name a few. He had never seen destruction of this level before. "Quiet!", the voice in his head said. He stopped moving.

Crouching down behind a destroyed droid to see a crowd of fleeing civilians; he walked carefully towards the crowd to see what was going on. As he stalked towards the panic, he heard voices coming from somewhere in the alleyways. He decided to check it out, not knowing the journey he just got himself into.
Kbrury

As Pax's first meeting ended the group started to move towards the ship. As they neared it the gorup saw it was just a regular Republic Shuttle used for long distance travel. Behind them they could sense that they were being followed by two individuals, a soldier and what looked like a smuggler. They would have to deal with it though once they got to the ship.

All around the shuttle there were republic soldiers on patrol and seemed to raise their guard when they saw the group come closer. It started to become clearer now this wasn't Pax's ship....yet. Seiryuu and the others looked to Gaiutus for his orders.

Zabac

Zabac did not like the reaction of the republic soldiers when the members of Pax came near their shuttle. Discretly drawing his blasters he mentioned for his crew to do the same. zabac was sightly suprised at the way things were going. It looked like they were going to have to steal this ship. Zabac had thought that Master Glowbat would see that as a breach in the jedi code or something.

Page 1 of 8

Jump to: