Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Aveyn Tamai

re: Picking up the Pieces. Chapter 3.

((As always, if you have yet to read the Rules post, please do so. There will be more complimentary guides coming up this week, as well as a "Story so far" thread that will outline past chapters. Please respond to your pms by the end of the week if possible. Cheers guys, be creative and have fun!!))

Aboard the Pax Galactica

The medical bay reeked of sterilizer, yet the undertones of blood and bodily fluids were still present, even three days later. Bright lights dominated the side closest to the double doors that had remained open since they arrived, and the healthiest of the injured lay here on emergency cots, chatting softly to one another.

At the far end of the medical bay, the lights were left dim, most of the occupants asleep or unconscious still. Emotions of the injured whirled around the enclosed space, making it feel as though mini dust devils spun up from time to time, caught in a mixture of fear and hope so poignant one could almost taste it.

The few working droids that were available to them helped, but mostly, all the effort here was people. People that Aveyn was incredibly impressed by, more and more as time ticked on. The Chief Medical Officer, one Doras Chander, was not only a bright and creative individual, but also had the kind of bedside manner Aveyn herself lacked. His soft baritone humming could be heard often in the medical bay as he worked, and if one was a careful listener, they might even notice the gentle melody that came from the attached biolab.

However impressed she was by Doras, it was Ivuuri who really took the young jedi's interest. The ithorian woman was as gentle as he was, but her extensive knowledge of planetary herb-lore far surpassed Aveyn's, and the brunette took every opportunity possible between healing and resting to expand her knowledge.

This was the kind of environment she flourished in. Always there were things to do, people to be healed, decisions to be made. It was hard at times, to remember that she still needed to sleep, but both Doras and Ivuuri were quick to step in when they noticed her flagging. It was hard to be stubborn with the pair, both so used to working with one another that they barely even needed to talk at times, sometimes only using vague references to past experiences, or hand movements.

The medical office at the very back of the bay was large, enough so that all three could sit within it comfortably, and often, Aveyn found herself sleeping there, rather than returning to her rooms which were only meters down the hall. Doras had teased her about her enthusiasm, but had done nothing but help her make herself comfortable there. During the rare quiet moments, she and he discussed the Force and it's abilities with healing, Doras ruefully shaking his head as he ran a hand through his dark hair and beard as he thought of the things he would never experience.

At the moment, Aveyn changed the dressing on a young trooper, smearing the stitched wound with a herbal paste Ivuuri had made in the lab. It was healing nicely enough with natural means, and whenever possible, she preferred to avoid using the Force for such things. It seemed needlessly dangerous to force a body to regenerate so quickly when it was doing it's job fine on it's own.

"Going to play cards with us an' Doctor Chander later?" he inquired innocently, smiling up at her as she finished.

She smiled back and tapped him lightly on the top of the head as she stood, "and let you fleece me again? Probably not. I can do a lot of things, but keep my mind on the game...that's not one of them," distractedly she looked back towards the critical section, and the young man seemed to understand what she meant.

"Ah maybe later then, eh?" he smiled again and went back to talking to the slightly older man in the cot beside him.

It was early, but already, she had a feeling it would be a long day.

((Ready, set, GO!))
Arkathos

Rubbing his face to try and clear his vision, taking one fisted hand and massaging his eyes, Gaiutus slowly took in the surroundings. He had enjoyed a pleasant sleep and woke inside the medical bay. Over the last few days he'd been 'forcibly' contained to his emergency cot, where he recovered from the superficial injuries he had received. His shoulder still bandaged and his hip patched up, he felt well enough to sit up today.

As a medical attendant passed by he called out to him. "Excuse me sir, can I get a grav-chair?"

"Of course Master Balthar. Right away." he said with a slight bow.

As the man hurried off in search of his request, the Jedi noted that the robotic limbs had been finished and were being attached to those injured and wounded in the battle.These next few days would be focused on recuperating, retraining, and rethinking their purpose, and their ways.

Gaiutus watched Freyinn as the medical assistants and the Ithorian female, Ivuuri, worked to attach his prosthetic arm. The young man had so much potential, but so much anger as well. He was certain some would think it were the Sith who caused him that injury, others a lightsaber, an accident, or even a birth defect, but the truth was that it was his own anger which lost him that arm. In time, he would learn. He would have to learn.

"Here you are sir."

His thoughts were interrupted as the assistant returned with his grav-chair, he was well enough to move, but every time he stood his hip gave way, so he was reduced to riding around in this little mechanism. At least now he could go and check on his soldiers and ensure they were all of sound body, and of sound mind.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Kryad Explo

Kryad fell so much guilt cause he had left friends behind. But he was close to Naboo.

Suddenly a man asked " Hey sir. Where do you want to land on Naboo?" Kryad answered quickly " Theed if it is possible" " Sorry sir that space port is full of sith ships. Kryad began to think " Sith here? How is it possible? I thought they would be some where else!" Kryad said " Is it okay I just land on field? I know where I am going to." "I will allow you to land, but do not tell your friends."

Kryad landed it very close to the speeder. After a hour he found it. He had hidden it to well. He looked on the speeder. He found what he did need. Then suddenly a little cat jumped and took it out of his hands and ran. He jumped on speeder and drove after. Took his handgun. Slowed down the speeder. Aimed at the animal. Shot it and took the thing. Then opened map and found the spot he was going to. He speeded up to fast as possible.

He found his old armor. Now he took some weapons. He thought "This is the time. I have to open it!" He opened the thing. It came up a map. And he loaded it in to the map holder. Now he could find them and try to get them to join him.

Ellegos

Staring blankly at the medical wards ceiling, an emotionless expression as he fought back the contorted pain of agony pulsing through his body as the Doctors began working on his dismembered leg. They gave him the option for anesthesia, but to their surprise he denied it. To Vacko, it dimmed his senses, put him under guard, made him easy prey. Even as he seemed helpless on an operating table without a left leg, he was still a ruthless killer.

Something sharp, and incredibly large pricked his empty area of a leg. His began twitching from the intense pain. The pain grew larger, he started to growl lowly in his chest as it became even more intense. They were installing his new replacement, he knew it would hurt, but not by this much.

Balling his fists, he did his best to not yell. It was excruciating pain beyond belief. This operation hadn't been done largely on this magnitude, mechanical replacements for limbs lost was a very advanced technology, but grafting them was another story.

Going in to shock from the pain, he began having a flask back again of the day he was taken away from Ord Mantell. Seeing the face of his Father once again in his mind, imprinted as the memory seemed to stop in play back. The memory quickly changed to the kid he killed on the Ave Imperator. Smashing the kids skull with his bare fists, the cruelty he had done and the brutality of it.

He heard faint voices in the background, he couldn't make out the words. As the memory kept playing back, a shock shifted him. As the second one phased through, he came from the relapse. His eyes opened as wide as they could be, blood shot. Angry broiling his chest, he leaned forward abruptly landing a solid fist in to the Doctor beside him on the right.

Hands fled across him, pushing him against the table. "Almost done! Hold him down or I am going to put anesthesia on him!" One of the Doctors said, he ventilated hard, fighting back a torment of emotions inside of himself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jedi Knight Varrack

As his transport approached the Pax Galactica, all necessary passwords and codes were exchanged. Standard protocol since the war with the Sith which began so long ago. He thought to himself how easy it is to become used to restrictions on freedoms in the name of "security".

He chuckled to himself.

"Excuse me sir?" The trooper asked.

"Oh, it is nothing. A joke of sorts." The words came soflty, out from under his thick, silvery beard.

"Very well sir."

He sat and contemplated how security was an illusion, but a necessary one, for that the illusion itself provided comfort and stability. The transport shifted and came to a rest in the docking garage. He sat still, in thought, as the troopers and flight personnel went about their business, securing the ship.

He disembarked from the craft smoothly and swiftly, but without rush. The disturbance he had felt, called him into action. He did not fear for the outcome, but even for a Jedi of his skill, it was difficult to not feel the nervous tension, and apprehension.

He strode the busy corridors nodding to those that addressed him. A Jedi's place is in contemplation, and he contemplated greatly, what the recent events would mean, for his comrades, and for the Republic. Plans within plans, were becoming visible in his mind, but the dark side, obscured the details. He knew that powerful mechanisms were churning and working to undo the peace that the Republic had worked so hard to achieve.

The medical bay came into view and he could feel the anger, sadness and misery. They were almost palpable. He was glad that he came, he would be needed here.

As he passed into the facility, he showed no visible sign of reluctance at the site of the wounded. He was not "shocked" by what he saw. He had become used to these sights over the years. "When will this end?" He thought to himself.

Sitting in a grav chair, was the man he had come to assist. As he thought he would be, Gaiutus was ignoring his own pain and need for respite, so that he could help his men.

He directed his voice towards that man in the hover chair. His voice commanded attention and respect, "Master Balthar, The Force has called to me, and I have come to where I am needed."

Someone was being a bit unruly towards the middle of the medical ward. Enough, so that would catch the others attention. Of all people it was a Jedi Master causing all the trouble. Natira stared at the medical officer that was trying to hold her down. She was fighting with him.

"I want to see my son! Let me go!" It would have been an easier request had she not been up healing the wounded since they left the planet. She was exhausted and still wounded. It would have been easier if they knew who that son was.

"Let me see my son!!" She was in hysterics. Tears streamed down her face, she could only imagine at reasons they wouldn't let her see him. The worst being one she didn't want to think about.

They had never seen a Jedi cry before...the medical officers just stared at her. One medical officer stared at the other, unsure of what to do.

"Go get Master Balthar, maybe he can help us with her." A nurse wandered off to find Master Balthar.

Sorful had been shot in his arm whiles he got to the sith transporter. He was going to the med bay. On the way there he meet some troopers, they began to speak. Sorful began with "Wyaaaaaa. Ruh ruh."

He went on. After the med bay he went to his quarter. He wanted also to speak to Gai.

((OCC: Wyaaaaaa. Ruh ruh. Means "Hello. How are you?"

Last edited by Kryad Explo on November 30, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Jorax Skyles

Someone was screaming in the medical ward. It sounded familiar, as Jacen put the pecies together he recongized his Mother's Voice. Jacen told the Nurses. "I want to see my mother! Let her in!"

He was Tired, Hungry and still Wounded. As his Mothers screams faded He started to close his eyes, after the nurses told him get rest. Before he finally faded off he said really low. "Let her in, I want to see my Mother."
aimeetaoni

The nurses finally gave up, they didn't struggle against her anymore. They would speak to Gaiutus.

"Where is Jedi Knight Jacen?" She looked towards one of the nurses, who finally gave in and showed her to the room Jacen had been put in.

All she wanted to do was see her son then she would rest once she knew he was okay.

"Jacen? are you alright?" she approached the bed, looking towards him.

Laying down, was Jacen. As he thought to himself as he heard his Mother's voice.

"Jacen? are you alright?"..........

He looked at her and smiled even though it was painful. His voice low and cracky, "Mother I'm ok, but how are you and the others doing?"
Arkathos

"Master Balthar, The Force has called to me, and I have come to where I am needed."

The voice took him by surprise, and he was hesitant to turn around. He had not heard that soft yet commanding voice since he had left the Jedi Temple on Tython. Grasping the control on his Hover-Chair, and removing his hand from the woman he was working on, he pivoted and faced his caller.

"Master Varrack, I did not expect to see you, especially here of all places."

His old friend walked up towards him and was about to speak when a shrieking woman broke the silence.

"I want to see my son! Let me go!"

The hysterical, frantic woman was disrupting the patients who were resting. Her screams and shouts focused on self want rather than on those around her she was upsetting. He felt for her pain but ...

"Natira?" He said in disbelief.

He took a quick look at Master Varrack before turning his controls and flying towards the woman. She screamed again and they let her up as a voice came from another room.

"I want to see my mother! Let her in!"

Gaiutus knew very well what would be thought of him if everyone found out. Jedi were not permitted to have lovers, let alone children. And now that Master Varrack had arrived, this was something he wanted to avoid with all his power. He felt disappointment, and slight anger towards them for their complete lack of control, and consideration for what and who they were, Jedi. Natira had always had a problem with the tenets of their Order. Emotion, yet Peace. She would come to understand this or eventually, great evil would fall on her. He feared if she had to chose between her son, him, or the Republic, she may forsake that which he fought for, to save their lives.

"Jacen? are you alright?" She said as he came into the room.

"Mother I'm ok, but how are you and the others doing?" His son's broken body laying there, speaking weakly to her. All the medical bay had turned their attention on them, all in shock, and many in disbelief. Some even, in disapproval.

"Everyone was ok until this outburst." he sharply said before she could reply to Jacen. "Natira, he is being looked after by the best medical officers the Republic has to offer. You are unwell and you have awoken and disrupted the entire medical bay!" He looked at her sternly. "Furthermore you have just compromised us, not only before our friends and the Republic, but before my own master!"

Natira felt like shouting at him, but when he said his own master was here, she understood why he was so bothered by the situation.

A moment passed and he recollected himself. "Jacen, do not worry about anyone here, they are all fine. I have just been going around and I do not believe anyone who is alive now, will not be so in a few days this time." He smiled within hearing the compassion for others in Jacen's question. "Natira, you need to rest. A jedi cannot be ruled by emotions, for that is the path which leads to the Dark Side. Calm yourself and trust that the Force will take care of him. It has not failed us before."

As he finished his sentence, Master Varrack moved so that Natira could see him outside the room's entrance, standing behind Gaiutus. He had a look on his face that was both troubled and perplexed, and now Gaiutus would have to speak to him and explain everything. He could very well be banned from the Jedi Order, sent into exile. It all rested now on Master Varracks decision.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Jedi Knight Varrack

Emotion ran thick in the room. Understandable given the situation, however, an underlying current swelled beneath the malaise. His former student was troubled, this was obvious to the casual observer, but to his Master, the veil was thin indeed.

Patience has always been a virtue of the elder Jedi. Varrack was well known for it in the order, but he was also known for his fierce discipline. Being Echani, it was quite common for him to settle disputes, both civil and uncivil, through unarmed combat. However, this was neither the time, nor the place.

Master Varrack stepped into the open doorway of the medical bay and waited for his former student. He was please with how Gaiutus showed a firm hand, but with the right amount of sensitivity. He was proud at the type of leader he had become.

Gaiutus turned his conveyance towards the door and hovered slowly over to his former Master. Before he could speak, Varrack spoke calmly.

"First, Master Balthar, know that I am proud of you. Second, know that the Republic needs fine men such as yourself in these dark times. What you have been through can trouble the finest of our order. The Force does not always show a clear path to those that walk it."

He paused briefly.

"We have much to discuss, I must be briefed in regards to the latest mission. A tactical report must also be given to the Jedi Council and the Senate when you are able, but for now, I believe a matter of a personal nature... I understand that you have something you wish to share with me."

His tone was forceful, yet yielding.

"Please, accompany me on a short... walk" He smiled, knowing Gaiutus would appreciate the humor.

Aux' was in his new quarters aboard the Pax Galactica, resting after the fight. it had been a long, long, few days. so much had been lost. Aux' wanted to continue to sleep, but couldn't. He was completely energetic, and not a bit tired, but he couldn't bring himself to get up. Aux' just wanted to sleep the pain of the past few days away.

"Well, no use sulking all day," Aux' said to himself.

He forced himself to get up, and make himself useful somewhere.

The look on her face as she stood off to the side of of the Sergeant Major's bed in the one operating room was definitely one of disapproval. His stubbornness reminded her somewhat of her own, but to go through all this with no anesthetic...even a local would have made it slightly less painful.

She had watched, patiently, as he started to grimace in pain, then twitch as his nerves ricocheted their message of pain through his body. Yet she held fast in her resolve not to intervene until totally necessary, knowing full well how angry he would probably be when he woke up if she had to put him out.

Yet, as she sensed the anger firing up amongst the pain, she chewed her lip in thought, preparing to interject herself into the rapidly deteriorating situation. It wasn't however, until he lunged forward and hit the young medic assisting in the procedure that she stepped forward.

"Sorry Doras, I'll patch up Tibbs later," she said as she nudged her way to stand at the bedside, placing a slender hand, now healed, upon Vacko's chest, "If I'd known you would give the staff nosebleeds I wouldn't have agreed to this," she murmured as she placed her second hand underneath his neck, turning his head slightly so he was forced to look at her face while another two assistants struggled to hold him down.

As gently as she could, she blocked the signals coming from the nerves at the surgical site, not wanting to startle him further by moving to fast. This was the type of man who would notice the deadening of the pain in his leg, and she didn't want him to get upset about it. Adrenaline rushed through his system, and she struggled to grasp a hold of the receptors to dampen the effect and production in an attempt to calm him. "Damnit your body's as stubborn as you are," she said as she furrowed her brows in concentration.

Dimly, while all this went on, she heard commotion in the main medbay. Well, if it was anything life or death, they'd find out soon enough.
Aldin Kiris

Aldin glanced up as a nurse slowly walked up to him, seeming a bit unsure of what to make of him. "Um Corporal Aldin, right?" He nodded and said "Yeah, Im him. Why?" The nurse checked a data pad she was holding and said "We need you to come to the medical bay to make sure your alright." With that, she turned around and walked toward the Medical bay, and Aldin followed. Once there, she took her leave and the Doctor entered. "Good day Corporal. How are you feeling?" Aldin sat down an a near-by chair. "Just as good as anyone who watched their brothers in arms die. Im not hurt physicaly, anyway." The Doctor did a quick check on him and then told him all was well, but to take it easy for a while. Of course, that was just something Aldin couldn't do. He walked back to his room, recalling the soldier who died right next to him. It pained him badly, but he didnt know why. He stopped at a observation deck and just stared out at the stars, with a blank look on his face.

Aldin Sig
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: