Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Damek Critou

re: The Dangerous Pursuit 2.0

Dustin saw the blast from his improvised observation post on top of the spaceport's control building. The cloud mushroomed slightly, and the dust cloud billowing allowing the ground took out many trees and such before finally settling about a mile away. He had no idea what could have caused a blast of such destructive power, but he knew it had something to do with his ship mates. One could not call them friends yet, only having been on the Pax for a few days before this giant disaster.

A flash of movement different than the settling dust caught his eye. A small Sith fighter was banking hard out of the remaining smoke and gas cloud, going hard in his direction. The ship had the same symbol as the one that cost him his fighter from the fight in orbit. He slinked down from his small camp and hid behind some crates. A few minutes and a lot of noise later, the Sith fighter landed. It was just as Dustin thought. A great Sith Lord came flying out of the spaceport's entrance ark, cloak flapping wildly. He ran past Dustin's hiding spot then slowed to a walk, to stop a few more feet later. He slwoly turned and stared right at the crates. He yelled, "Now you die, annoying pilot!" and sent a wave of energy flowing at Dustin's hiding spot. Dustin went flat on the ground, and the wave and all of the crates went flying over him. He frantically got up, blasters ready but didnt shoot, knowing his own bolts could kill him as easily as the wave of Force could have. The Sith charged head on, fury augmenting his speed to that of nearly impossible. Dustin managed to dive to the side, before the lightsaber came and sliced the duracrete wall into chunks. Dustin noticed a flare gun laying on the ground, previosuly hidden by all the cargo boxes. As the Sith charged again, he jumped and rolled, picking it up with one fluid motion before shooting a magnesium based slow falling flare high into the sky. Hopefully he could keep up his circus act of dodges.

Apperantly not, he thought, as he recovered from unconsciousness a few minutes later, with the lower half of his leg missing and a great deal of bone fractures due to another Force Wave. He was tied up to a small console too. The Sith simply smiled and started collecting all the supplies around before sitting down and closing his eyes. Dustin could almost feel the evil pouring of off him, after seeing his leg tacked to the wall in a fashion it wasnt seen but for close examination. It was going to be a long wait.

aimeetaoni

"We need a medic!" Someone called as they carried Jacen up the hill. Natira was helping Gaiutus but he was stable and conscious for now. She didn't want to leave him but he encouraged her to go. At this encouragement, she ran over to the two Jedi that carried Jacen, placing him down on the ground. He was losing a lot of blood and it didnt look good. She wasn't sure he would make it, it would be a miracle if he did.

Natira frowned. Jacen was such a hot head, always diving into things before looking.

"Jacen, when are you going to learn to look before you go somewhere. I'm going to start running out of things to patch up." She smiled at the man, concentrating on one of the larger wounds, her hand over it, she concentrated and a blue glow coming from her hand as she attempts to heal the wound. Some of the wound healed..but she was so tired and had so little energy left in her. If she hadn't been in battle and wounded herself it might have been different. She frowned, she should have stayed behind.

Tears rolled down her cheeks, she didn't know if she was going to be able to save him. At least, not here in this location, he was near death and if he didnt get somewhere soon, he would die. Jacens breathing was shallow, he had several wounds including a small hole which looked like it was from blaster fire of some kind.

His eyes were open but barely. He looked up at Natira, she was the only thing he could see. He spoke his voice was soft and strained.

"Natira..I love you.." He spoke looking up at her, before he drifted into unconsciousness. he was delirious, at least she didn't have to respond.

Her eyes lifted, she looked up to those around her, everything was a blur from the tears in her eyes.

"I need help please! Someone needs to help me get him to the transport ASAP!"

"I need help please! Someone needs to help me get him to the transport ASAP!" Aux' heard Natira yell.

Aux' sprang to his feet, and ran to the source of the call.

"Thank you Aux," Natira said.

Without a word Aux' picked up Jacen and carried him to the transport, and Natira followed behind.

"Sergeant Vacklo, its great to see you again Sir. I can see that your leg hasn't affect your talent for combat." Aldin said as he sat down by him. He looked around and saw all the wounded soldiers, Marines and Jedi alike. He was one of the lucky ones. He never got wounded, well nothing to worry about anyway. He did has a close one with a Imperial trooper. He even had to use his lightsaber he carried. He would never forget that battle. He turned back to the Sergeant.

Aldin Sig
Ellegos

Vacko sat against the wall grunting. He looked at his comrade as he was speaking to him and tending to his missing leg wound. It wasn't over, the battle was far from over. He felt something, a great feeling of darkness loomed inside of him. Gaiutus called this some Jedi technique, saying Vacko was Force Sensitive. Whatever it was, something was out there and he couldn't stand sitting helplessly.

He tried to stand up, Corporal Aldin pushed him back down. "Easy Sarge, your in no condition to do anything right now, there's a transport on it's way right now. Hang in there." Aldins poke to him.

"Don't tell me what the hell I can or can not do." Sarge barked, his face was contorted in pain, and forced him self against the wall again, only to fall down helplessly for the second time.

He needed to fight, he needed to get out in the field.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jorax Skyles

As they had Jacen on the transport. Jacen wanted to sprang to his feet but he couldn't he couldn't feel anything and he could barely keep his eyes open.

"Thank you Natira," Jacen said to himself.
Aldin Kiris

"Don't tell me what the hell I can or can not do." Sarge barked, his face was contorted in pain, and forced him self against the wall again, only to fall down helplessly for the second time.

Aldin sighed as the Sarge fell back down. He was always like that. Stubborn. But, then again, so was Aldin. Thats what he liked about Vacklo. But there was something troubling him. Aldin was fairly good at guessing peoples feelings like that. Vacklo was anxious. "Whats wrong Sarge? You seem anxious for something." Aldin said to him

Aldin Sig
aimeetaoni

"Hang in there.." she tried to smile at Jacen. "Stay awake" She looked around the transport, and moved outside. Wiping her eyes, she saw Gaiutus with his back turned away from the transport.

She wanted to go to him, she could only move a few feet from the transport, before she finally broke down and fell down sobbing, hyperventilating was more like it. She was having a hard time breathing.

It was lingering there on her, the darkness, she could feel it weighing on her, trying to make her give in. It wasn't the first time...once before..when she had met Gaiutus, he had pulled her back from nearly falling into the darkness.

She was so weak, compared to some. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Gaiutus.." she attempted to call out for him, but she didn't know if he would hear or not..the whole world seemed to disappear around her.

Kryad packed some water and something to eat. He heard Sorful come with the ship. Sorful landed not to far away from the camp.

Kryad's plan was easy. One get to Naboo. Two find his old speeder. Three get his armor in the old republic camp and maybe see if he could find some weapons. And last if he could find someone that would help him. But speeder had to be found. It had something he would most likely need later.

Arkathos

"Natira..I love you.."

The words assailed his ears like a saber's blade to his heart. He looked up towards Jacen lying on the ground. His body so badly broken...his spirit fading.

"I need help please! Someone needs to help me get him to the transport ASAP!"

He took a step forward but saw Aux already there at her side helping to lift the man.

"Don't tell me what the hell I can or can not do."

The sharp tone caught his attention, and he watched painfully as the Sergeant rose on one leg only to fall down.

"Thank you Natira,"

He glanced over, and saw Natira watching over Jacen, he did not need the force to feel that her heart waivered and her mind floundered. He turned his back so she would not think he had heard.

"Hang in there..Stay awake"

Gaiutus sensed her pain, and Jacen's. Aux sensed it too he was sure of it, and the Jedi became confused, and worried for how Gaiutus may react.

"Gaiutus.."

He heard her, and her weeping. He could feel her confusion, her pain... Turning around he walked up quickly, moving his body only to avoid hitting her as he walked past towards the shuttle, sliding his hand across her shoulder and giving a slight squeeze to let her know he knew. As she looked up his eyes locked with hers but for a moment, and he moved on.

"Let me see him." Gaiutus ordered. Immediately everyone backed away. He bent over on one knee, taking his hand and placing it beneath Jacen's head. His hair and skin moist from the sweat caused by the raging battle. The young man opened his eyes and looked up to see the Jedi kneeling over him, cradling his head in his hand.

"Gaiutus...I..."

He smiled faintly at Jacen, "I know..Rest now, clear your mind my friend. You will live." As he spoke he searched down as deep as he could, and then reached out even further to touch the force, to find the strength to work through it to heal this man. His hand began to tingle, and he watched as the blueish aura once again emanated from his palm. A quiet calm fell over the crowd around him as they watched and held their breath. The effort was nearly crippling, the exertion was immense, but the reward was without fault. The wounds closed, and Jacen let out a sigh, but not one of defeat, but of relief.

The Jedi put his hand on his forehead and simply nodded, then rose slowly, his hip paining him with each motion, and stepped back and off the transport deck. He turned to see Natira looking at him, the tears in her eyes no longer that of pain and fear, but of ... something else. He was tired now, so exhausted. He moved forward and stumbled, then fell onto the ground. Still aware of his surroundings, he watched as the sun's light danced throughout the leaves of the forest canopy, making their way to the forest floor, and to his skin. It's warmth comforted him, and he slowly fell asleep, his mind drained from the final healing.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
aimeetaoni

Natira watched silently looking at Gaiutus after he healded Jacen where she couldn't. Maybe she couldn't due to confusion. She frowned as she watched Gaiutus fall to the ground.

There were still tears in her eyes and confusion her heart. She moved over to Gaiutus, sitting down next to him. She pulls Gaiutus upper body up onto her lap. Checking his pulse first to make sure he was okay.

Seeing that he was, she pulls him up on her lap, resting his head against her, so he could rest. He needed to heal.

She looks over to Arkava "You and the Sergeant need to get this finished up..Gaiutus needs to rest. Or he won't heal." She wasn't moving from this location, not until they were going to leave.

Zeppeki got up and looked at everyone with a blank face. He was in shock thinking to himself "Is this what I have been doing to people. Is this what they do after a battle. They actually care for one another........but why. Why did Chopak(Azno) have to be captured. Why." Zeppeki then was holding his Head while tears of blood going down his face of fright. He never knew so much caring Since being orphaned at age 4. Then all of sudden he passed out laying on the ground in fight.

Last edited by Hart of Hircine on November 14, 2009 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kryad Explo

Kryad took a good bye with Sorful. He knew that he would be back stronger. And Sorful would be better friends with them. But if Kryad could not find the speeder. He could not find what he most need. He looked one last time at them before walked in the ship. He started it and flew away.

Freyinn

Freyinn couldn't believe it all. First the Sarge's spectacular appearance or the raging battle afterward. He nearly shut himself off from the Force because every death he felt. It hurt. He had no wounds but he was in pain. And that made him angry. He saw one of his soldiers almost single-handedly defeat a Sith and die soon after. He was proud of him and he was even more proud to see that he had saved his two closest friends. He saw Jacen fighting like a storm of saber strikes. He saw everything in his mind's eye. He felt every loss and he grew angrier and angrier. Every death added to his anger and every time one of his friends died he made sure he killed at least 5 of those Sith bastards.

He lost count at 18 and he still had 12 to go before he caught up. He felt no remorse for killing and he dearly hoped his Master didn't see him like this. He was filled with such rage that he relished killing every Sith. He then glanced over his shoulder and saw Jacen fall to his knees and a Sith standing over him raising his blade. All of a sudden time seemed to stop.

"NOOOOOO!" Was all he screamed and then infusing his body with power he jumped and ran his blade through the son of a bitch, and twisted his blade bisecting the murderer. Glancing at Jacen, Freyinn lost control upon seeing what seemed like a corpse. Freyinn released all of his power reserves and leaped into a group of Sith soldiers and proceeded to simply destroy them.

Freyinn was shot 4 times and cut twice but he killed 8 troopers and moved on to three Dark Jedi that were battling a group of Republic troops. Seeing 3 fall the Jedi Force Threw his weapon into the middle one and drew his glaives. Igniting the twin blades he charged towards the remaining pair of murderers. They smiled thinking he was lost to their cause, but they were wrong. He simply was tired of death and after 10 seconds of fighting he beheaded both of them.

Having received multiple wounds Freyinn started to see in tunnel vision. He felt faint but he shrugged the feeling off. He closed both eyes and reached into the Force and let it become his vision. He "saw" three murderers and ten of their soldiers rushing some retreating Republic troopers and he then "saw" that they carried the wounded Jedi from the temple. All he thought was to run and kill all of them and he did just that. He Force Sprinted behind the troopers and cut 4 of them down before they knew what hit them. They all turned and fired but Frey was behind them and he cut 2 more down. They were scared but they grew in confidence when the Dark Jedi joined the fight. Their confidence was ill-placed. The butchers of life lasted all of 20 seconds. Freyinn blocked their initial assault and fired off a rapid flurry followed by a side-swipe that caught victim #1 across the chest. He fell minus both arms and his torso hanging by a sliver of flesh. Victim #2 was smarter and backed off a bit but was surprised to see a blade of pure sapphire sprout out of his chest. The Jedi smiled, and raised his hand. The saber in response slowly elevated cutting through the Sith. At this point the would be killer was screaming in pure agony, the troopers just stood in horror at what was being inflicted upon their leader by one of the "good" guys.

After a moment of pity Frey flicked his wrist ending the murderer's harmful existance. Slowly turning his head he was amused to see all the Sith Troopers fleeing. "Good choice." he thought and then he glanced at his mission timer. It read 0:23. He ran as fast as he could and poured all of his remaining power into his legs and he only paused to sheath his lightsaber and glaives. He had made it 5 feet over the explosive range when his whole world went white. He felt enormous pain in his left arm and he tasted blood.

Freyinn's body landed about 25 yards away and hit with a sickening thud. The Jedi regretted losing control to his anger and he regretted that he would die not knowing if his friends survived. As his vision faded he saw 4 figures run up and crounch beside him. "Sir, you will be alright." was the last thing he heard.

((The 4 figures are all that remains of my 8 Commandos. And sorry about posting so late. Also I am sorry about getting a bit carried away, I have lowered all the numbers in my post to make me less godlike lol.))

Last edited by Freyinn on November 15, 2009 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total

When they arrived at the meeting site, Andrew placed Aveyn down on the ground gently, holding her by the shoulders while she regained her footing. "Thank you Andrew," she said, as she took a few tentative steps into the group, biting her already bloodied lip in thought as she surveyed all the injured. She looked back at him once, and gave a small thumbs up so he wouldn't worry about her walking, and continued her slow passage through the the wounded and the people tending to them.

Most appeared at least sufficient...though she noticed a few practices going on that would need fixing. Field medicine was always a dicey thing, so much potential for infection, for diseases to manifest that non-natives to a planet had no resistance to. She couldn't think how many times in her earlier years just learning to heal that she hadn't been able to save someone because of a necrosis setting in...

Now was different though. She was alone now, from all that she had known as familiar in the past sixteen years. No master to teach her as she worked...only a jedi she knew from her youth, but hadn't seen in nearly ten years save the brief meeting after Andan's death was reported to the Council.

The grass, sticky at places with other people's blood, latched onto her bare feet, covered in her own blood as well, and she found herself surprised by the sensations she was now beginning to feel once again. Had she really blocked that much pain? It felt like it should kill her, the way it weighted at the back of her skull, her bones feeling so brittle they could break with each step. Yet somehow, she kept walking. Somehow, she still analyzed each body she walked by, briefly, searching for the red coals of pain and death that could linger and fester within wounds.

Somehow, she found herself stopped in front of a woman she did not recognize fully, cradling the one last link she had within the Jedi order. She kneeled, carefully, and gently placed a hand on Natira's cheek, brushing away the tears that glistened there.
"You must be careful with your tears," she spoke, as she pulled her hand away, "We will talk much, I think, you and I...but for now, know this; I will do my utmost to see that you need not shed them again. Not for a long time."

For a moment she sat still, looking at her hands, still in utter disbelief that she could move them, could breathe, could walk. As she stood shakily, she spoke once more, though it seemed to no one in particular.

"The Force sent you here...and I promise none of this will be in vain...none."

((wooo she's having a mild mental breakdown don't mind her))
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: