Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Lord Marvel

re: The Dangerous Pursuit 2.0

"Wolf three you`re with me, the rest of you, go with this soldier and help gathering the wounded."

After giving the orders, he used helmet comlink to contact Ellegos

"Sergeant we have reached the temple and are about to get all wounded to safety" after giving the report he turned cold glance of his helmet at the Jedi.

"We are at your disposal master Jedi." he said it with warm smile, and than he remembered that she can not see it.

Than his comlink turned on with incomming call

"What is it Wolf two?"
"Sir this place will be blown up in about three minutes, we need to get away from here asap!"
"Understood, take as many wounded on board as you can, rest of the pack, side of me and Wolf three, are on their way to you, pick them up and get out of here"
"Roger!"
He than turned his head to Jedi once again, she was trying to heal wounds of nearby soldier.

"It`s time to go Jedi, this place is about to be blown up, we have to get clear from here, now!"

"But we can`t leave them all here" She said

"We have to, if not, we will die with them" Despite his cold voice, he really wished he wouldn`t need to leave all those people here."You seem to be in no condition to run, let me give you a hand"
Aveyn Tamai

She looked at the soldier she'd been helping and back up at the offered hand. "Carry him, if my life depends on it, then run I will," she declined to add how much such an action would tax her wasted body, or how dangerous it would be to stimulate her cellular activity with so little energy left to burn. She'd lost what little body fat she'd had weeks ago, now...this was just burning muscle tissue. She couldn't leave him lying there after surveying his injuries and determining them heal-able.

She was, as Master Gaiutus remembered, very stubborn at times.
Lord Marvel

"No time to argue, they can carry him" he pointed at troopers that helped Jedi earlier " and you are in no condition to walk straight, not to mention running" He than approached her to give her a hand and yelled at troopers.

"And you two, stop staring and take that guy!"
They did it in the blink of an eye.

"Now can we go?" he asked her calmly, even thought the timer in his helmet showed him passing seconds and he knew they had only moments left.
Aveyn Tamai

((fiiiine XD))

With a conceding sigh she took his hand and allowed him to help her. "Fine, but you better not drop me..." she murmured as he picked her up, wrapping her arms around him.

As she leaned her forehead on his shoulder she tried to stay conscious, but now that her feet were off the ground, found it extremely trying.
Hart of Hircine

The Sith Betrayer then got to where the Jedi were. "I didn't know you guys were still here. No force cage can hold me HAHAHAHAHA. Dang I need to stop that or I might scare more than I can chew." The Sith Betrayer then took off his helmet and looked almost like a Mandolorian. It was Zeppeki and then he said "May I come with or do you not have enough room, I'll help to the best of my ability..... I might help unlock the holocron's secrets and help decipher it. Plus I don't want my old friend to be hurt by those scumbags."
Lord Marvel

Andrew picked Aveyn up, he was amazed by how light she was. As soon as troopers took their comrade, they start running toward the forest.

"Wolf two, what`s your status?" he asked using his comlink

"We have picked up rest of the pack, and are heading to safety"

"Good, do you still have some place there?"

"Negative sir, we are full"

"Ok, nevermind that then, return to base"

"Roger that"

Andrew with Aveyn and the rest of troopers almost got to the forest, but before they reached it, an explosion have shaked the ground, and powerful blastwave thrown them to the ground. Andrew did somersault and kneeled trying to protect Jedi from the wave of heat, dust and pieces of the stone and durasteel. When it passed, he looked back and saw huge crater in place where Sith temple stood just few minutes ago. Rest of the group wasn`t far behind, they entered the forest and found small clearing where they stopped and sat down.

"Ok, I think we can rest for a while here, but don`t let your guard down, there still may be some Sith around" Andrew said as he put Jedi down on the grass. Than he sat down on a stone and took off his helmet, right cybernetic eye glittered a bit in the sun. He took deep breath and smiled at the rest of group.

((OOC: Guys, remember, just because temple was blown up in my post, it doesn`t mean that it have to automatically in yours as well, you may still be few minutes back in time. ))
Arkathos

Since they'd engaged the Imperials there had been so much death, so much suffering. Needless waste, this is what war breeds. Ellegos had arrived, his timing as if the Force itself had manifested itself to bring hope to those who had none, but even his arrival may not be enough.

His thoughts flew back to the present, around him he searched the battlefield, enemies everywhere outnumbering them still in the thick of it. Ellegos and his reinforcements pushed steadily inwards towards the temple, clearing a path but still many Republic soldiers fell. Men and women of all ranks and ages were being struck down and here they would stay.

"Grenade!"

Gaiutus turned his head right and saw a fragmentation grenade land in the midst of several troopers. Not having a moment to worry he reached out with the force and dragged it towards himself before hurling it sky high. But it was not enough, the explosion sent shrapnel flying into several troopers and even Gaiutus himself was hit. He dropped on his knee as the metal chunk had gone into his shoulder, lodging itself in place. Before he could recover a hail of fire burst forth from an Imperial platoon, taking out at least ten injured troopers and smashing into the earth beside him. Activating his lightsaber he sent a blaster bolt back to the gunner killing him, but merely deflected the rest.

"Aux here!!"

The call caught his attention immediately, it was Natira! He rushed forward to where the voice had come from and a Sith trooper jumped infront of him with a vibroblade. Swinging wildly Gaiutus took the weapon arm off at the elbow and kicked the trooper in the chest sending him crashing to the ground. He spun and dodged an blaster shot and reached out with his hand force pushing three back into another group. Aux and Natira he saw were battling Dark Jedi, becoming tired, and in distress. He called to them but the battle raged too loudly. He ducked in time sensing the attacker, barely avoiding a lightsaber glaring its cruel red hue. He rolled back dodged left, turned his body sideways, brought his body low and swung, taking out the legs of his assailant. She fell to the floor but managed to get a force choke onto his neck. He struggled to breath, moving forward inch by inch. Her lightsaber came to life and she prepared to hurl it at the injured and choking Jedi, but her head opened up as a bullet went through the back of her skull.

Gaiutus raised his gaze to meet with the man who'd saved his life. The soldier spat on the Dark Jedi's corpse, "Weak." Sergeant Vacko moved off as soon as he'd appeared towards the temple. Corporal Aldin and the others were pinned, and he had moved in some distance from the initial engagement.

He looked up frantically to find Natira and Aux, but to no avail, the battle had moved on, and smoke now filled much of the battlefield. He caught sight of Arkava battling for his life against a torrent of fire and blades. Rushing to his side Gaiutus took up the attack against a Dark Jedi pushing him back. Without warning a second assailant struck against him. He dodged an attack and struck the man with the hilt of his saber in the chin stunning him momentarily, while turning simultaneously to lock blades with the first foe. He struggled against the anger which powered this man’s arms, the hatred he had for all Jedi, but Gaiutus used this to his advantage. He dropped his blade stepped to the side waited for the attack then swung his blade up and through the arms of his dark enemy. Arkava had felled his combatants and together they quickly put down the second of Gaiutus’ foes. The Sith Lord who's presence he had felt from when they first landed, who commanded this force, stood before them. He ignited his lightsaber and smirked. No words were exchanged as they knew neither one would back down from this fight.

He took one last look up to the sky, took in its warmth, and its beauty, then brought his focus to the eyes of their enemy, unblinking, unflinching, and unwaivering in his commitment. Gaiutus made the first move, Lunging forward swinging his blade high right bringing it low to the left then up for an overhead strike. The Sith blocked each move, then began the offense. He released the lock and stabbed forward as Gaiutus turned on his side just grazing his abdomen then he fell backwards barely dodging the following near disembowling strike. Arkava jumped in and began his attack, swinging low to the legs then spinning with a roundhouse kick. The sith flew back several feet landing on his knees with one hand to the ground. Gaiutus jumped up and rushed to engage with his padawan close behind. Off in the distance he saw Freyinn engaged in a fight with a Dark Jedi, and he seemed safe. His mind had wandered, and he was struck. A blaster shot took him in the right hip, and he fell, Arkava seeing this turned his head and in turn was set upon by the Sith Lord. As the man jumped Gaiutus used what force he had left to push him back, ensuring that Arkava kept his head for the moment. Without warning Arkava was hit with a Cryoban grenade, freezing him to the spot. The young man turned and swung wildly, dazed by the blast and the cold. A sith trooper took aim with his blaster but was shot down by a nearby Republic soldier. This trooper rushed forward screaming a cry so defiant that Gaiutus was riled to action, but he was too late. He fired frantically at the Sith who was advancing on Arkava, locked in place, and closed the gap. The Sith deflected every shot, one even hitting the trooper in his thigh, but the man continued. His bravery set in his face, he knew his duty to the Republic, and he died fulfilling that. The world moved in slow motion as he watched as the man fearlessly pulled out his vibroblade to swing at the Sith, he got so far as to raise his weapon before he was run through with the lightsaber. Arkava furiously threw his lightsaber at the Sith, slicing his arm, he turned and charged once again at Arkava. Gaiutus struggled to his feet and rushed to defend his padawan. But before he could get there the Sith stopped, a look of confusion set on his face. Through his chest there stuck a vibroblade and behind him the trooper who had fallen knelt, bleeding profusely. He withdrew his vibroblade and thrust it again into his back, coming out the shoulder, and then collapsed on the floor next to the Sith. The area grew quiet around them, and they saw the Sith pulling back. With the death of their leader their morale had fallen and the timer had reached one minute.

Arkava's legs were thawing and he was able to hack it away with his lightsaber, and rushed over to give Gaiutus a shoulder to lean on.

"Arkava, tell them we have, one minute." He said, panting heavily. The blood loss from his thigh was getting to him. "One, minute."

His padawan shouted into his link and behind them the forces of the Republic immediately responded. No one wanted to be around when the reactor was destroyed. He looked up to his padawan and asked if Ren's body was safe, and where Aveyn was. He said he saw her alive, and Gaiutus himself saw the troopers rushing the body bag across the field. Lastly, he risked the question, "Where is Librarian Natira.." Arkava glanced at him but then understood why he cared for this answer. The Jedi knight looked out and saw her running towards them with Aux helping an injured trooper to her feet.

"I'm right here." she said softly, wrapping his right arm around hers while they both moved to help him stand up straight. The pain seared through his leg as he moved, the hole quite large now. But then he saw the young man who had saved his and Arkava's life. His body lying on the ground, within the reactors blast radius. His would be nothing more than cinder and dust in a minute, and Gaiutus could not accept that. He shrugged off Natira and Arkava, "Carry him..." he said, tears visible on his cheeks. The trooper was young, perhaps as young as they came. The two Jedi moved and picked up the soldier's still warm body, and began to carry him to the landing zone where the birds Sergeant Vacko had landed waited. Gaiutus struggled but managed his way to the crest of the small hill which led to the forest where the reinforcements had arrived from, looked up at the sky again, not believing he still felt the sun's warmth on his skin when he was so certain he would not feel it again, and then glanced at his datapad...thirty seconds.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
aimeetaoni

Natira set the troopers body down on the ground, looking down at him she murmured something, a soft prayer. There were tears in her eyes, so much death. She swallowed and stood up, looking to Aux. “Take care of him please..” Aux moved to take care of the soldier, placing lifting him up as best he could, and carrying him into one of the waiting transports.

She should not have come..she knew she was a risk, a weakness. Gaiutus would always look for her in battle, she knew that herself. She silently moved to one of the transports, grabbing a medical kit from inside. She needed to take care of the wounded. She would make that her job from now on and leave the combat to the experts. Natira frowned as she picked up the medical kit.

She moved back outside and looked around, moving to Gaiutus’ location, she sat down carefully next to him. “We need to tend to your wounds.” There were a few that would need to be taken care of at medical center. She was knowledgable about medical items but only slightly. She took some of the cloth from her robe and tore it off in a strip, wrapping it around some of the more severe ones that she didn’t know how to handle.

“You need to take care of your wound.” Gaiutus looked at her, there were still tears in his eyes.

“I’m fine.” She continued dressing his wounds, and wiping the tears out of his, as she tried to ignore what was left of the raging battle. She was lucky to have him alive still. It had been ten years since she had met a young man named Gaiutus in a library searching for the secrets of a holocron. They had spent many hours together. Their relationship grew stronger. She was not going to lose him this day, not after ten years in her life, especially not if she had anything to do with it.

Sorful had landed the ship and some medical robots had taken care off Kryad's wound. After that he had sent them out to help the damaged once. Kryad walked over to Gai and asked "Is it okay I leave for Naboo? I got my armor there. It will help alot more to have it on then not have it on. If you let me I will let Sorful stay."

Arkava

Ord Mantell Sith Temple Outskirts

Arkava helped Natira carry the wounded soldier out of the way of the blast radius. They had reached the top of a small hill, inside the forest, when the explosion rocked the earth. Arkava thought it could be felt on the entire planet. Freyinn had done his work well, for there was definately nothing left of the Sith Temple.

He and Natira carefully set the soldier down on the soft grass. Arkava looked down and tried to soak in all the details of his savior as he could. He was young, very young, he looked as if he might have lied about his age to join the military in the first place. He wondered where he was from. A rugged boy from the Outer Rim? A peaceful farmer from Dantooine? Or someone like himself, a pampered child from Coruscant. Arkava searched the body for his identification, but could find none, probably lost during the fierce combat. All he knew about this one soldier was his sheer bravery, determination, and dedication. He had shown his patriotism most in his last breathes. How he had mustered up the courage and strength to charge the Sith with a wound that bad, Arkava knew not. He hoped the soldier had died at peace with himself before he had been released to the force.

Arkava suddenly started to cry. He had held all his emotions inside for so long, he could no longer bear them. A single tear slid down his cheek as he thought about all the sacrifices made for this mission. How many other soldiers had made similar sacrifices. And for what? Arkava thought, A stupid holocron that is supposed to help us out in this war. He knew it could not possibly be worth all the blood spilt today.

He was startled awake by Kryad's request to Gaiutus. Something about going to Naboo and his wookiee friend, Sorful. The words went in one ear and out the other. Arkava was lost in his thoughts.

Finally, he pulled himself up from the ground. He looked around at everyone else and he could tell he was not the only one pained by the loss of life. He nodded at Natira and Aux, then approached Gaiutus.

"Master..." he started, but could not put his feelings to words.

"I know, Arkava, I know." Gaiutus replied.

"Was it really worth it? All this bloodshed for an ancient artifact that we know nothing about." Arkava stated softly.

"We can only hope it was." Gaiutus replied, the pain etched on his face.

Arkava didn't know if it was from his many wounds, or the blood that had been spilt. Arkava's ear was definately in pain, but so was his spirit.

"I know one thing... I will never forget about the sacrifices here." he glanced at the fallen soldier on the ground. "I will not let anyone forget about him" He stated solemly.
Arkathos

"Is it okay I leave for Naboo? I got my armor there. It will help alot more to have it on then not have it on. If you let me I will let Sorful stay."

Gaiutus moved his eyes up to look at him. "Yes, yes that is fine. It is best you are protected than not. Take Sorful with you, you shouldn't go alone."

He bowed and turned to leave as Arkava approached.

"Master..." his padawan began, clearly troubled and unable to speak his mind.

"I know, Arkava, I know." Gaiutus replied.

"Was it really worth it? All this bloodshed for an ancient artifact that we know nothing about." Arkava stated softly.

"We can only hope it was." His face a mural of pain as he recounted in his mind all the loss and death he had witnessed and caused today.

"I know one thing... I will never forget about the sacrifices here." Arkava's eyes shifted towards the young soldier on the ground. "I will not let anyone forget about him."

Gaiutus smiled weakly at the compassion in his student's voice, and the care in his heart. He had felt the explosion when it occurred, but his mind was elsewhere. He was about to say something to Arkava but was interrupted. Kail and Corporal Aldin approached him and saluted. Gaiutus gave a slight nod in return and they turned on their heels and began getting people moving into the transport ships. Gaiutus scanned the wooded area in which they rested, and saw many men and women laying down being tended to by those few Jedi capable of healing, something only a handful are trained to do, and combat medics. Kail knelt down and began tending to one man, his left hand severed by a lightsaber. Corporal Aldin knelt down where Sergeant Vacko was sitting, his leg bandaged. At first the Jedi thought he was seeing things, but then he realized that his leg, was no longer there.

He did not see Freyinn, but he knew he had not fallen. He would have sensed it. Just then a dark individual approached him. Much of what he said was lost to Gaiutus as he was becoming sleepy from his injuries, the pain taking a toll.

"May I come with or do you not have enough room, I'll help to the best of my ability..... I might help unlock the holocron's secrets and help decipher it. Plus I don't want my old friend to be hurt by those scumbags." The man said.

"Yes.. yes I mean, we have no room to spare, but Azno, he needs someone. Travel to Korriban, find out where he is while we travel to our next objective."

He sensed the dark presence before him bow and leave. He glanced towards the transports and watched as his old friend's body was carefully brought aboard one of the ships. He saw Andrew had seen the young Aveyn to safety, and Gaiutus was grateful for his courage.

Looking down at his hip, the red liquid now drying and coagulating, he took his hand and let it rest over the wound. He spoke softly and a blue light began emanating from his palm. Within seconds the wound had closed, though not healed, but it was enough to let him stand and see to his forces. This was a victory by military standards, but it was every bit a loss to him.

As he moved towards Natira he stopped. She was bent over Jacen, his bodied was broken, and he was losing blood. If anyone could heal him, it was her. He watched as his lips moved, he was speaking to her. Gaiutus sensed what he said, but he was unsure. A Jedi does not feel anger or jealousy, and so he turned his back and walked towards the clearing to scan the carnage the blast had made.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Aveyn Tamai

Aveyn sat on the debris littered grass, leaning listlessly against a tree. A hollow feeling ringed through her as she tried to meditate, finding it no use at the moment.

"You will not die here," he had said to her, and only moments after, she had watched him dragged down the hallway opposite of her, each taken to their own crafted torture sessions. Every day, for weeks, she had woken up and found him watching her, listened to his gentle words of hope. He told her stories of his childhood in the quiet times, and she marveled at all he had done, feeling even more the failure for not being able to do all he had at her age. Through all those days, one topic never arose however. Not once, did Rens'acen mention his previous padawan, the young man Aveyn had first met at his side the day she woke up after the catastrophic flood that had destroyed her home and decimated her once large family. No, Andan was lost to them...and no one wanted to remember their failures.

Yet now with so many dead....really, she wondered if she wouldn't have been better off lessening their burden. Yet when she thought of Master Balthar's reaction to her Master's body....she had an honest feeling he would not have left either of them behind, even dead. It was strange to feel cared about in such a way.

"We should meet up with the others," she heard Andrew say from where he sat in the clearing, and saw him looking at her when she turned her head, "Are you going to let me carry you this time without arguing?" he smiled faintly as he walked to where she sat, still running her hand idly through the grass, reveling in the life of it.

"Only if you tell me your name...but I don't think that's too difficult of a request," she answered, surprised at just how quiet her voice had gotten.

He looked surprised at first, then apologetic, "Andrew Harrison, ma'am, sorry, I don't normally sweep women off their feet without an introduction," he looked pleased with his joke, and she couldn't help but grin back.

"Forgiven, and yes, please...I'll stop being a pain. I should just thank the Force you all came here when you did..."
Kryad Explo

"Gai, I do not need him now. You need him more and I got one speeder hidden there. And last I will walk with you to a close place were I can get some ship. While Sorful get the other one." Kryad stated this. Sorful began to run against the place where the ship was.

Hart of Hircine

Zeppeki stepped out of the bushes cause knew Gai it was him. "I can help decipher the holocron but I am not going back to Korriban. After that I'll probably leave on my own to find some peace even though of the many wars that are happening all around." Zeppeki then sat by the group while they were all preparing a plan.
---Aux---

Aux' sat in the clearing with the others, considering the events of the past hours. What did they really accomplish? They retrieved the holocron, but at what cost for the device they have no clue how to even activate? Their ship destroyed, and much of its crew dead with it, Azno captured, countless troopers dead, and huge amounts of injuries. Aux' didn't like it. They had achieved their objectives, but sacrificed so much for so little. Quite frankly Aux' couldn't even remember why they had embarked on this mission in the first place. It was clearly a trap, that the sith had planned from the begining. Aux' sincerely hoped that he never had to see such bloodshed again.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: