Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

Is DurdyEnglish ready to be Peacekeeper?
Yes!
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know him well enough.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

DurdyEnglish

re: Welcome to our newest member, DurdyEnglish!

The application submitted by DurdyEnglish is as follows:

Quote:
Age?: 31 Gender: Male Where are you from?: Syracuse, New York What online game(s) do you play?: World of Warcraft What is your Battle.net ID/gamer handle/in-game character name?: durdyenglish#1756 What MMOclass/shooter role/Overwatch heroes etc. do you focus on (example: Lucio, Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Holy Priest, sniper in Battlefront, etc.): Shaman/Damage Dealer How did you hear about Pax Republica?: Recruited off WoW forums What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild/clan?: I wanted to join a community, not just another guild. Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: Somewhere in-between When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Leadership Position The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all gamers including your opponents?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials, and return within the next 48 HOURS to respond to any questions we have of you...: True
Nylos Aurion

Talked to him and directed him to apply.  Already signed charter.  Seems like he's gonna make a great fit.  I'll be running stuff with him throughout the week.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

Glad to meet you Durdy!  Let me be the first to welcome you here.  You will have a lot of people coming by your post to ask questions and learn more about you.  

First question...

What are your hobbies outside of WoW?

Awarded:

You sure are quick Nylos, I was hoping to be first this time :)

Awarded:

Perfect app! Welcome to the forums!

re: hobbies outside WoW

Ciervo: Outside of WoW I enjoy hiking/trail walking, cooking, and writing. While currently seeking a new job in retail management, I am also making plans to return to college next fall semester for environmental technology. 

Most of my down time is generally spent unwinding and reconnecting with life (beyond responsibilities) and family.

DurdyEnglish

re: Current Class/Spec

In my application, I put shaman/damage dealer. Currently on Dalaran I am playing a survival hunter, but I have predominantly played a shaman for the last few expansions. I have been considering bringing my shaman over to Dalaran, my experience with this guild will more than likely be the deciding factor. My shaman is enhancement spec with an 856 ilvl, currently.

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

Looks like you might have a buddy, Morov.

Seuhae
Officer

Welcome DurdyEnglish, I see that you are a WoW player.  Many of our members play WoW among a number of other online games including Overwatch, Star Wars BattleFront, SWTOR, etc.  Do you play any other games as well?

Awarded:

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in the "New Member Introductions" area. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in a Pax related game, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR or whatever game so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR/WoW/etc. character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here for the Charter.

Complete √ 5. Log on in-game and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange an interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete dungeons/flashpoints, raids, PvP matches, questing, or any kind of group content with Pax Republica for around 2-3 total hours.  It is your job to post in this thread with what group content you complete with current Pax members. The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Seuhae: I don't currently play any other games other than WoW. My gaming history is extensive but I have always kept a very tight list of games I would be playing at any given time. With my current lifestyle and the multi-faceted gaming experience WoW offers, I simply haven't had any interest in committing time to other games in several years. 

That being said, I have cut my teeth on a wide range of game genres over the years, from FPS to platformers and everything in between. I did play SWTOR for a short time but never got wrapped up in it.

Seuhae
Officer

Cool deal and WoW just released their latest expansion so plenty to keep you busy.

Knocked out all of EN Normal and first two of Heroic Tuesday night.  Grouping requirement is def completed.  Dat 885 relic doe.

He's also invited in-game already.  

Interview is basically done as well, we talked quite a bit before he joined and over the past few days.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

DurdyEnglish, make sure to make a post in the new member introductions area.  It looks like you have the other areas all covered.  I hope you are having a great week!

Awarded:

Nice!

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum