Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Discord over TS?

Hey guys, just curious why the MOTD says people are using Discord over TS?  I have used Discord and it's nice but it would be nice if, as a multi-gaming guild, we were all using the same Voice coms 

Why would we switch speaks? I have noticed that none of the WoW players are hanging out in ts 

Yeah since I am on another server, I assumed that no one was playing really because I rarely see anyone on in teamspeak playing WoW.

I have already talked this over with Morov. And everyone agrees that when we all start playing again we will be using the same speak together. It was just a honest motd set up by friends :) that were playing WoW. It is ture that people have not been getting in ts so it has been looking like the guild was inactive but we were all just not being on at the same time. There was always a bunch of people in ts when I was there :) we just need more people to join the website and groupme to know when events are :) 

In my opinion from personal experience, Discord is the best chat there is, and easiest to use, and free. TeamSpeak is good but there are far more better speak programs than TeamSpeak, they are just not as popular. 90% of people I know online quit skype and team speak and other stuff and now just use discord. Communities and servers from other games I am member of are switching to discord. Discord became too popular too quick because that's how good it is. Choosing to remain in any other chat program is probably habit or not knowing how actually good and easy discord is.

Morovin
Officer

Yep sorry for the confusion there. The Discord was a little server I had set up with some friends both in and out of guild. Since many of us in Pax were waiting on the expansion to drop, we just used Discord because it was easy to get everyone in the same space (those not in guild or what have you). 

Going forward I agree we should use the same program. Personally I prefer Discord and think it's amazing, but I'm fine with using TS as well. If you guys wanted, we could always poll the guild and see what everyone would like to use going forward. Discord is pretty amazing, easy to set up, can be secured, and because it works in a browser it's also easy to bring in pugs and such, and is free. Ultimately we'll be using whatever the majority in guild decide, but at the outset it was never the intent to have the WoW chapter operate in a different space.

I definitely think switching over fully to discord is the better way to go.  Discord has chat features similar to groupme and the ability to make multiple chat channels with varying degrees of permissions.  On top of that, their mobile app is spot on as well.  Overall it's just an all-encompassing program that works much better than TS.

Avellyn
Avellyn!!
Member - 6 Months

Would someone mind posting the discord info?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah, I think a switch to Discord sounds good for Pax Republica.  :D

Putting together a Pax Discord up:

Here's a permalink to it:

https://discord.gg/sWxdpGA

Also in a pax discord, we could just move groupme there and have everything in one place. You can download discord on your phone and it's really easy to set up chat channels and what not.

It keeps failing when I try to download to my PC.  

Discord is ok, like both, a little more for TS

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Frost290 wrote:

Also in a pax discord, we could just move groupme there and have everything in one place. You can download discord on your phone and it's really easy to set up chat channels and what not.

I'm definitely cool with that idea!

Seuhae wrote:

It keeps failing when I try to download to my PC.  

I got discord a year ago when it was still beta, and it use to show no progress bar for downloading or installing. Once you chose to download it after few moments or minutes, depending how fast is your computer and internet, discord simply launches itself, you will not see the progress bar for downloading or installing, it automatically goes to your windows drive. I am not sure if they changed it but I think that they still use this same installation process to simplify its use and make everything goes easy in one single click. You may already have it installed without knowing, and it simply refuses to download and install itself again. This is the only thing I could think of based on the information you provided (not that I am expert or anything but I could do some research for you if you explain the issue in details). You can also use the link inside a browser like mozila firefox or google chrome and access discord without installing application itself, however application has more features.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: