Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
cobra_four_zero
Member - 6 Months

re: Congratulations to our newest peacekeeper, cobra_four_zero!

The application submitted by cobra_four_zero is as follows:

Quote:

Age?: 35 Gender: Male Where are you from?: From Georgia but in Texas now (Military)

What online game(s) do you play?: SWTOR, WoW, Destiny/battlefront on xbox one

What is your Battle.net ID/gamer handle/in-game character name?: IntrepidJEDI

What MMOclass/shooter role/Overwatch heroes etc. do you focus on (example: Lucio, Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Holy Priest, sniper in Battlefront, etc.): everything in SWTOR, Hunter/Shaman in WoW (maybe Paladin), Hunter/defender titan in Destiny

How did you hear about Pax Republica?: googled for guild doing swtor and wow

What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild/clan?: I am looking for an east coast guild that plays both SWTOR and WoW. I have played SWTOR since launch but on west coast server because that is where I was living when I started. Live in Texas now and can't keep late night schedule for PST raid times. I have at least 2 of everything in SWTOR but they are on Harbinger. I will have to server transfer one or two one I get a feel for what roles are needed to fill SWTOR raid spots.

Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: Hardcore in SWTOR, just started WoW so its still up in the air

When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Leadership Position

The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes

Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all gamers including your opponents?: Yes

Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes

True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials, and return within the next 48 HOURS to respond to any questions we have of you...: True

Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered? Do you have anything else you'd like us to know before you join?: Do you have to be on same server in WoW to raid/level together? If not, is that a guild requirement?

I can't speak for the WoW portion of things so I'll let them handle that, I can answer questions for the SWTOR side of things(WoW isn't my cup of tea). All of that said, I'd like to welcome you! So part of the process is for us to ask questions to get to know ya better! I'll start!

You say you have two of every class and are a hardcore player! My question is what is you favorite class and role to play in Raids?

Have you seen the Warcraft movie? If you have what was your feeling on it? If not, are you wanting to see it?

cobra_four_zero
Member - 6 Months

On another subject, does anyone want to get set up as my "refer a friend partner?"  Anyone out there looking to team up to power level an alt with me?  I have 30 days to set it up.

Now on to your questions...

Favorite character is a sniper based on a combination of aesthetics, storyline, and range dps.  However, I tend to get bored on stationary rotational dps and I tend to be a better healer because its more dynamic due its triage nature.  My favorite healer is my operative but that is mainly because it was my first toon.  I am best on my sorc/sage.  I used to main a vanguard tank, who was my second toon but I haven't tanked much in the last year or so once the guild leader found out I was a reliable healer.

Storyline rank: Agent, Inquisitor, Smuggler, trooper/knight (tied), warrior, bounty hunter, consular.

Class rank: Sniper/Slinger, Sorc/Sage healer, OP/SC Healer, Assassin/Shadow tank, vanguard/PT Tank, Vanguard/PT dps, Guardian/Jugg dps, commando/merc dps, the rest are tied.  

Role rank: range dps, healer, tank, melee dps

And yes, I saw the Warcraft movie and it is mainly why I finally took the plunge into WoW.  Been thinking about it for a while due to the content drought in SWTOR.  On the subject of content droughts, that is why my raid team is on a break until the new raid comes out, if ever.  Which brings me here looking for a guild that plays both WoW and SWTOR so I can bounce back and forth as content lulls happen.

Always good to find another who appreciates Snipers/Slingers.  Which spec do you normally play?

Seuhae wrote:

Always good to find another who appreciates Snipers/Slingers.  Which spec do you normally play?

Engineering for leveling and I switch between marksman and virulence depending on the boss.

Cobra 4-0,

Nice to meet you. My name is Steve / Scubax. I'm excited to play SWTOR with you. Our raid team took a break and a handful of us are rebuilding. Before we stopped we were working on Revan's second floor. I don't want to influence your choice, but I can outline what roles we do and do not have among active players. Our raiding core looks like this (in no order):

1) guardian tank / sage healer - Nwahs

2) all three tanks - Naar

3) gunnery commando - Z'inn 

4) assault or gunnery commando, sage healer - Scubax

5) commando healer - Polish

6) gunslinger - Eosque

7) all roles - Emp

8) sentinel - Iona

9) scoundrel heals - Mazi

10) sentinel, vanguard tank - Tasty

I may have missed some, and some of the above are still busy with RL, but this might paint a picture for you.  Just because you see 10 names, does not mean we have a static team.

We are doing a gear up raid Wednesday @ 8:30 and a HM DF on Thursday.  Let me know your interest level.

hope to see ya around and chat with you on TS.

Scubax / Steve

cobra_four_zero wrote:
Seuhae wrote:

Engineering for leveling and I switch between marksman and virulence depending on the boss.

Nice to see someone who is very flexible with the class.  I normally play sharpshooter/marksman, but can play DF/Virulence.  I've never been good with Engineering though.

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

2. Make an introductory post in the "New Member Introductions" area. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in a Pax related game, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR or whatever game so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR/WoW/etc. character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here for the Charter.

Complete √ 5. Log on in-game and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange an interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete dungeons/flashpoints, raids, PvP matches, questing, or any kind of group content with Pax Republica for around 2-3 total hours.  It is your job to post in this thread with what group content you complete with current Pax members. The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Last edited by Iolo'pax on June 23, 2016 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Thanks again for the invite.

I've got a couple of questions.

1.  The Officer list just includes SWTOR character names.  Who is the PoC for WoW so I can get an invite there?  I can add his battle.net ID instead of character name if that's easier.

2.  I am having trouble finding team speak server info. Where is it?

3. My SWTOR account is still unsubbed so I would like to focus on WoW for a bit but I don't see WoW on the schedule for July.  What is the best day to catch WoW players in game for requirement #7?

4. I started my WoW character on draenor realm before I figured out which server you use.  Can you join guild cross server or do I need to reroll?

5. Finally, I kind of screwed up the timing of my application and will be on vacation from this THU to next THU so I may need a trial period extension.  Is that workable or should I try to cram everything in by the 5th?

No problem on the Extension. I also changed your Trial to Wow so that the Wow members are more aware that you are here and can best guide you on how to link up with them in game. 

We don't have a 'rule' per-say that you have to play on the same server as our Wow members (WoW folks chime in here). I am a 100% SWTOR guy, and I know lots of our members have toons on other servers. (We originated on POTS5 before moving to Ebon Hawk). I would think though it would be really advantageous to be on the same server for raids and such. Some members may have toons on your server, but you may find companionship limited if you all aren't in sync

Let's get you in contact with some of our WoW players before you do anything drastic like transfer or re-roll. remember we want to be the right guild for you as much as we want you to be a good member. If you make contact with the WoW players and they play mostly during days and hours that you aren't available, we shouldn't force you to conform.

I will direct some of them to your thread to answer your questions. Also, I will paste in our TS info below. If you see some of us on (upper right corner of our website) Feel free to jump in and introduce yourself. We don't bite.... hard.

Teamspeak Information: paxrepublica.typefrag.com:64425

Hi, I am Tiffs, I am one of the officer in SWTOR and WoW,  just give me the times you will be online or if you are going be in ts I can hop in there and add you to the WoW guild that way :)  I will actually work on updating my WoW characters here on the website now :) Thank you for reminding us!/

We are planning on raiding in WoW soon as a guild, so if you want to level up a toon on the server we are on, that would be great :)  I am currently level up a Druid so you can even que up with me for some dungeons/PvP.

I do believe some are waiting on the new expansion to be release to start playing WoW again, which is why we haven't updating the calendar for any WoW raiding .... but I know we are super exciting about starting that up soon :)

Also, my battle net is LameTiffs #1338

Awarded:

It's so great to have more WoW players!  I have been busy leveling up alts lately, but I am more than willing to help out if you need anything in WoW. 

I can be found on WoW most nights, and if I am not online, just drop a BNet message to me.  BuckWylde#1632

Welcome. I used to be one of the raiders for SWTOR, but my former ISP revealed themselves to be total imbeciles and they dropped me (which no ISP can legally do). So I went to their rival and superior company. Unfortunately (from a lag perspective) I'm stuck with their Satellite service until their terrestrial is available.

I too look forward to the new Ops in TOR as well. I may never get to do any HM, but just doing the SM versions will be well worth it.

I don't do anything in WoW. SWTOR is my main MMO/online game commitment. I do some STO, but not much. THAT game has a content drought (events don't count).

Since Raptr was installed.
Iolo'pax
Officer

Interview is completed and I updated your trial checklist with your progress so far. Was great hanging out with ya.

Have fun on vacation!

Cobra, just checking in. Any progress to report? Do you need more time to complete your steps?

Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum