View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nylos Aurion

re: Overwatch Megathread

In the coming weeks there's gonna be a lot of information coming in about optimal strategies, meta comps, etc.  I'd love to do ranked Overwatch so any and all info I compile will go into this thread.

• Hidden Character Options you may not know about.
  • Map Guides  -  Full overviews/tours of each map.  Tips for setting up defense and how to flank enemies to break lines.  I highly recommend studying these.  Map knowledge wins games.
  • Character Tips/Tricks - Full overview of each character.  The video was made in the beta so some things might be out of date, but it goes into really good detail into the full role of each character.  For instance, while Reinhardt and DVA are both tanks, Reinhardt is a tank in the traditional sense, blocking damage, while DVA is more about getting behind enemy lines and up close and personal.  I learned how to Tracer from this guy and it helped my game significantly.
  • Tips and Tricks 2
  • What Ultimates can Genji deflect?
  • Character Counters - I'll update this link with the playlist when it's done, but the guy that did my favorite map overviews/character tips has made a strengths/weaknesses/counters video for heroes.  It'll be by catagory, the first one being Offense.  Highly recommend watching it so we can counter enemy teams properly.
  • A lot of people have said there isn't a penalty for leaving.  Well, there is, you probably just haven't ran into it yet. After leaving a certain number of games you get 75% reduced XP gain for a set number of games.  I'll assume the penalty gets longer the more you leave and I have no info on when that resets.  So don't leave!

Last edited by Nylos Aurion on June 1, 2016 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

Frost290
Member - 3 Years

I got warned for the 75% XP loss for dcing from a game a couple times, so don't play when your internet is bad.

Awarded:

The hidden options to make heroes even better was really solid to listen to.

Lucio:  option to hold shift to go to speed move instead of shift as a toggle in case you forget to go back to heal.

Soldier 76 and zarya: always show health of allies to heal them better

Mercy: has a toggle heal instead of hold

Reinhardt:  there's a toggle instread of let go for shield but not a good option.

Widowmaker:  toggle zoom instead of hold down to zoom, and a change sensitivity for zoom mouse sensitivity

Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat:  can change it to auto run up wall when jumping near wall instead of holding down space to go up the wall

Updated with counters and Gengi deflect info

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Overwatch All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: