Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morovin
Officer

re: PSA: Glyphs and Enchants

Hey Everyone,

Lemme know what Glyphs and Enchants you need and I can probably get them to you. Pretty sure my Warlock, Imbohl, has all glyphs learned and for sure all the WoD current end-game enchants.

I've got a boatload of mats to burn through so send me an in-game mail or lemme know in this thread and I'll get them to ya!

Awarded:

Sweet!  I know I'll need a few minor glyphs and I don't know what enchants are exactly, are they just buffs you put on your gear?

Yup, enchanting has changed a LOT through the years, but now it basically buffs neck, rings, cloak and weapon with one of the secondary stats. 

Major glyphs will usually directly benefit performance in some way, usually at the cost of another function of a spell or ability (ie: Resto Druid Glyph of Regrowth removes the heal over time component but buffs the crit chance of the spell by 40%, making it 100% crit chance.  Every time Regrowth crits a special buff goes on the target, so it's nice to be able to guarantee that).

Minor glyphs are much more cosmetic or flavor, like being able to run on water while sprinting (rogue) or have another player ride you in travel form (druid) or being able to summon a fire, arcane, or frost companion pet (mage).  There are some minor glyphs that are REALLY nice, but for the most part they're optional.

You can get, like Morov said, enchants on your neck, both rings, cloak, and each weapon.  Weapon enchants are usually a "chance on hit to grant X buff" while the others are going to be a flat buff to a secondary stat.

Wow is a little different than SWTOR in that each secondary stat does things very differently.  You have the tank/healer only stats of Bonus Armor and Spirit which increases armor and increases mana regeneration rate, respectively.  Then you have Crit and Haste which function similarly if not identically to SWTOR.  

The oddballs are going to be Mastery, Multistrike, and Versatility.  Versatility is an all around spellpower/attackpower/damage reduction buff that, as far as I know, really isn't that good and should not be overly sought after for any class.  Mastery is a stat that does something different for every class and every spec.  For instance, prot paladin mastery increases the damage reduction of the Shield of the Righteous buff, while fire mage mastery increases the damage of the Ignite DoT that all fire spells put on the target.  Multistrike gives a chance on ability use/spell-cast to re-use/cast the ability up to two additional times.  

The biggest thing to understand, and I'll make a post on this when it comes closer to us raiding, is that each class/spec has a stat priority that is specifically designed to maximize performance.  Icy Veins is THE go-to resource for optimal glyphs, talent choices, gem slotting, stat priority, and rotation information.  The guides are written - similarly to Dulfy - by higher-end players and I highly recommend people look at the guides to optimize their play.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Hell ya, if someone could make a thread with links to the good guides that would be great, or just post a generic link for the good website to find guides (like Dulfy.com for SWTOR)

Best how to play guide site, imo, is still Icy Veins: 

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/

Math-ed out spec guides that actually walk you through how they arrived at their advice, plus they do dungeon walkthroughs and raid guides. 

Best news site is MMO Champion:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

That's a lot of WoW news, datamine stuff, a lot like Dulfy without the guides part.

What Morov said, IcyVeins and MMO-Champion for guides and news, respectively.

WoWHead is a database website that has every quest, item, NPC, spell/ability, talent, you name it cataloged.  I highly recommend looking there for help finding certain items or completing quests.

There's a few specialty resources for certain classes like the Shadowcraft spreadsheet for rogues, but they're not really that important anymore due to the removal of reforging and the simplification of enchants and gems.  If anyone wants help theorycrafting their character or rotation to be the best I'm always down for a tutoring session.  I've played this game for a long time and love seeing people reach their peak.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: