Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morovin
Officer

re: In case you're new to WoW and like Lore

Here's a loooooooooong wrap-up of the story of WoW so far starting literally at the dawn of time.

Awarded:

Awesome, thanks!!!!

WOW MOROV YOU TOTALLY TOTALLY TOTALLY STOLE MY IDEA I WAS GONNA POST THIS

On a serious note, if you can get past his accent and strange pronunciations Nobbel is THE guy to go to to learn about the Lore in WoW.  The story is MASSIVE, with events ranging from the creation of the Universe, to the Sundering, to the Present day.  The story is one of my favorite things about the game and knowing what's going on and the history of the areas you go (ESPECIALLY COME LEGION OMG THE TOMB OF SARGERAS) adds that much more.  Also, knowing the history of some of the artifact weapons (Ashbringer, Doomhammer, etc) will make it that much more special when you get a hold of it.  

I highly recommend playing through Warcraft III and WCIII: The Frozen Throne if you're a fan of RTS games.  The events in that game are the most recent before Vanilla WoW and help to set up the relationships between some characters.  That doesn't mean stuff gets shaken up, specifically in Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria content, but it'd be a start.  

At the very least, take the time out to watch the history video.

Morovin
Officer

Yeah, Nylos pointed me to this vid in response to a request from Dordrac. The WoW story can be a little generic fantasy and heavy-handed, but it's pretty good and super expansive at this point.

Blizz is good at making story, haven't been the best at telling story through their game. Mists of Pandaria and WoD were big leaps forward, so us Lore nerds are really excited to see what happens in Legion :D

Jump to: