Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Is Nemasis Peacekeeper Material?
For sure!! Sea!!!
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
Alas, he is not.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know him well enough!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper Nemasis !

How are things going? Looks like you will need a interview today , if you could get a hold  of one of the officers we can set that up for you that way you can continue into voting phase tomorrow.  If you aren't able to today let us know and we can add more days to you trials for you.

Were you able to score your Interview?

I will be around for most of tonight (my time, from 6pm to 11pm GMT) if you guys want to go through with the interview. I'll set up TeamSpeak to be noisy if somebody sends me a message on there.

My general impression of the guild so far based on the people I've spoken to and / or run content with has been really good. There is solid banter, good game competence and high level interest in guild wide progression via the conquest system.

The main problem I've run into during the trial up to this point has been a very limited overlap between my gaming hours and that of the rest of the guild. When I've gotten online I am typically the only one there or perhaps there is one other. The most I've seen online at once has been 5 (including myself). I did notice one time where there were three online in SWTOR and there were 4 more in the WoW channel on TeamSpeak. Typically when I see others online I try to let them know what I'm planning to do in game via guildchat but there was only one occasion that this resulted in a group activity unfortunately.

I'm enjoying the environment that you have created in the guild but I'm seriously concerned that my awkward time zone and the limited overlap will push me to being a fringe member which benefits neither myself or the guild aside from my conquest contributions.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

That is a tough situation bud.  I want people to find the perfect guild for them.  Sometimes that's us, but sometimes it's not.  We do have some European players but they are all busy with their RLs.  Have you spoken with Bokkan?  He is also from Europe and plays sparingly and hangs out with us in GroupMe.

It's your call man!  If you think this is a home for you, we can work with it.  If you'd rather try to find a EU-based guild, that is your call.

Ciervo did his interview I joined about halfway! Awesome guy!

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

We did!

After going through the interview and meandering conversation around it I've learned a bit more of the context around what I've been seeing with low numbers of guild members online during my typical play hours. Given the current game slump and time of year I've likely been getting a false impression of the situation.

We talked about options for scheduling alternate raid times that work better for the GMT challenged such as myself and how that probably needs some additional recruiting and support efforts going forward. That sort of expansion and growth is something I'm more than willing to get involved with and it alleviates the majority of anxiety I've had about how I could fit into the guild and not be a dead weight therein.

I'm really looking forward to getting acclimatised to everything and everyone and building myself up from a raiding perspective so that I too can piss Naar off by demanding a 224 relic.

Iolo'pax
Officer

Good to hear you are sticking with us!  Your application has entered into the voting stage. You need at least 5 votes for approval. Any 'No' votes must be offset by 3 yes votes. The 'I don't know him' votes don't count as Yes or No. All voting is anonymous, and all Paxians can vote, regardless of rank. Feel free to campaign for yourself over the next 3 days. It never hurts to bring cake.

By the way, there is a way to get one free Yes vote. IF you study this post well enough, but not too hard, your eyes may be able to figure it out.  (No it's not a sailboat) If you are stumped feel free talk to other Peacekeepers, they may choose to reveal it to you. If you ask a Legionnaire rank or above...you are on your own with their directions.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip but I'm gonna refrain from voting for myself to "cheat" the system. Assuming that's the direction you were pointing me in that is.

As for the cake....now that's something I may be able to throw together...in game. Time to check out some social vendors and dispense the sugary goodness.

Kayllek Veran
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

I just came here for the drugs...  errmm I mean stims

Congrats Nemasis, you have passed your trials and are now a Peacekeeper of Pax Republica!

Awarded:

Congrats bloke!

Thanks all. I should probably say a few words but I didn't prepare anything so I'll just have to wing it....

> I'd like to thank my parents for getting bored with Irish TV one cold January night in 1975. Enough said.

> I'd like to thank that moron who tried to overtake my car while I was turning right. His car insurance's contributions helped me to purchase my first crappy PC and sent me down the IT path.

> I'd like to thank George Lucas for stealing plagiarising researching so many rich stories from our past and fashioning them into Star Wars. Unfortunately he apparently never understood why we were all so enraptured with his creation and that has allowed other storytellers to enhance Star Wars and give us games like Galaxies and now SWTOR.

> I'd like to thank my favourite English teacher for drilling important lessons into my brain such as the need for brevity, levity and sincerity in all correspondence. Lessons that I have excelled at with every word I have ever written.

> Lastly, I'd like to thank all those silly, silly players who purchased Mandalorian Seeker Helmets from me over the last couple of months at ridiculous prices. Those profits allowed me to sizably increase my stash of combat chemicals which allowed me to bribe your good selves into voting to accept me into the guild. 

A wise man once said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step and I want you all to know that this journey which we are about to take together will feel like one of a thousand miles with every step we take....or something like that.

;-)

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

lol!

Awarded:

I like him :)

Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum