ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Is Nemasis Peacekeeper Material?
For sure!! Sea!!!
100%
 100%  [ 11 ]
Alas, he is not.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know him well enough!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

Nemasis Darkshadow

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper Nemasis !

The application submitted by Nemasis Darkshadow is as follows:

Quote:
***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 40 Gender: Male Where are you from?: Ireland What is your main character's in-game name?: Nemasis Which is the AC for your main character?: Commando What level is your main character at this time?: 65 What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: My recreational activities outside of SWTOR are playing soccer and going to the cinema. Within SWTOR my goal has always been to be part of a consistent raid team but that has always been more of an apex aspiration as I've only been able to sporadically find raid schedules that work with my GMT time zone due to being on a US server.

The majority of my time in SWTOR is spent running dailies, heroics, flashpoints, conquest tasks and gearing my family of alts. At the moment I have twenty three level 65 characters (one of each advanced class and some alternate discipline variants). I keep my alts in my own private guilds while my main joins a guild to facilitate group activities.

Having such a broad spread of characters provides me with an almost endless variety of game content to delve into and ensures that I have absolutely zero chance of mastering all of it as the game changes faster than I could ever hope to finish learning every class or completing every piece of content. How did you hear about Pax Republica?: I've been aware of Pax Republica for a long time through PUG raids with players flying your flag. My main was in RHG for a long time as part of their strike team setup which is where I encountered Nottee / Te'va a couple of years back, As I find myself seeking out a consistent raiding community presently I sought her advice and she pointed me in the direction of Pax Republica. I've spent a couple of days looking through your site and have decided to follow her advice. What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: I am following the advice given to me by a former raid teammate. The only large scale raid capable guild that I have knowledge of is RHG where I have been a fringe member for a couple of years. Nottee / Te'va has far more knowledge of the various guilds out there and she directed me to Pax Republica as being a good fit from what she knows of me. In looking through your site I found your charter and it leads me to believe that the structure, scale and ideals that are espoused there are exactly what I'm looking for in a SWTOR guild. I was the guild leader of a similar organisation in Star Trek Online for a number of years and I just haven't found a comparable community in SWTOR as of yet. RHG wasn't a very social gaming group in my experience and the leadership there directly lead to the dissolution of raid teams I was part of multiple times. It turned me off organised raiding for quite a while. Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: I lean towards the hardcore end of the spectrum. Are you currently a member of any SWTOR Republic guild? You can not join us if you're in another Republic guild.: Yes If so, which guild, and which faction? : >> Imp Guild Space Balls / Pub Guild Space Bâlls

I have personal / private guilds on both factions that contain my army of alts. I place my main character into a "public" guild where I pursue group content activities. My private guilds are mainly for resource sharing and were used for XP bonuses while I was levelling alts.

Most guilds that I have joined in SWTOR spiralled into inactivity every few months until I joined RHG. That was a large scale guild with constant activity but is also very clique oriented and my time zone just exacerbated the issue. After RHG I moved my main over to Duality which is now going "ghost town" leaving me in a position to seek out my next guild. I find it very unwieldy to add every alt to a new guild when activity wanes and so I've gotten into the habit of only placing my main in a real guild and I just accept the lower bonuses from having my alts in the private guilds. Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: No, but I've had to deal with such issues from a guild leader perspective many times. Which of the following interests you most?: PvE Which of the following interests you second most?: Story Which of the following interests you third most?: Socializing When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: I'd prefer that my actions in the game and interactions with guild members and other players convince you to make me a member rather than have anything I could type here substitute for that first hand experience. I've often found what applicants type to be incongruous with their behaviour in trials and as eventual members. I suppose I believe the old saying that actions speak louder than words.

In terms of background I can provide some details. I started MMO gaming with SWG back in 2003 then I joined STO in 2010 and joined a major guild there (Jupiter Force). I progressed from guild member to officer to senior leadership to guild leader during the subsequent five years. During that time I became part of the staff for the STOked podcast initially doing background work, research and content provisioning before becoming part of the production team from a technical standpoint. At the point where the podcast was sunset I was setting the show content, organising the research teams and editing the video content for final upload. The guild outlasted the podcast and struggled for an identity devoid of STOked over the following years. We tried to branch out and become a multi-gaming community but the casual nature of the playerbase resulted in a lack of consistent presence in more than one game at a time with most players reverting back to STO every couple of months. This inconsistency in SWTOR meant that I've had to seek a similar community without much luck.

I've relinquished all responsibilities with Jupiter Force and for the last three months I have been focussed on finding a new home within SWTOR. I'm trusting advice from players that I've known for some time but for the most part I'm operating relatively blindly. While this is likely not the gung ho new applicant attitude that can be all too prevalent, I'm hoping that an understanding of what I'm looking for and what I bring to the table will suffice. Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: - Do you foresee issues with my time zone when it comes to running content with the guild?
- I enjoy learning about my class(es) from better players, is that supported by your top players?
- Are there any podcasts that you are affiliated with or that you use as sources of information regarding SWTOR?
- Based on your "one guild only" policy would my private / place holder guilds for alts be breaking the rules? Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

First off, welcome!  Thanks for taking so much time to put in a great application!  I'll accept you into the trials right away as you came from Notee and she is great people!  First, I'll just answer your questions and you tell us if you'd like to become a Trial Member.

- Do you foresee issues with my time zone when it comes to running content with the guild? 
It is very likely.  We generally do Warzones between 6pm and midnight Eastern (New York) time.  We generally raid from 8pm-11pm Eastern. So that could be hard for you.  However, we have a decent amount of people from the EU, and they hold raids most Sundays around 10am or noon Eastern so that works for many of the European players.  Speak with Bokkan, Aestel, Satiata, or Mazi about this.

- I enjoy learning about my class(es) from better players, is that supported by your top players? 
Of course!  That would be silly if we didn't!

- Are there any podcasts that you are affiliated with or that you use as sources of information regarding SWTOR? 
I wouldn't say we're affiliated with any.  Some of our members listen to TOROcast or whatever it is.  I'm not a big Podcast guy so I don't know how else to answer this, but go ahead and listen to whatever you want :)

- Based on your "one guild only" policy would my private / place holder guilds for alts be breaking the rules? 
Absolutely not, because we just changed that rule over the weekend!  Today I'll be updating the Charter and all the intro-threads that say it is a rule, because it no longer is, so you're all set :)

Thanks for the quick response and taking the time to answer my questions.

I suspected the time zone thing would be awkward as that's been my experience since launch but hopefully something can be worked out especially since you already have a contingent of EU based players. 

The podcast was just my curiosity coming through regarding news sources that the guild might be tapped into or contributing to. I prefer video podcasts for the most part and the last SWTOR one that I paid attention to was The Republic over on Gamebreaker. 

Seems like it's time to sign me up for a raking across the coals er, I mean trial. If I have it straight then this is what I need to do next:

> Create a character post in the trooper forum (stats / spec / etc)

> Contact an officer in-game to arrange for an interview on TeamSpeak

> Provide in-game character name to an officer to get a guild invite

> Run some content / missions with the guild 

> Ascertain the level of insanity in the guild then complain to Nottee

> Ascertain the lack of insanity in the guild then complain to Nottee

Did I miss anything?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Sounds perfect, lol.  Except there's no longer a Trooper forum... it is now the "New Member Introductions" forum.

Welcome!

Cool look forward in running with you..

Iolo'pax
Officer

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in your specified class forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

Trooper Barracks - Smuggler Cantina - Consular Library - Knight Praxeum

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a SWTOR character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here for the Charter.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

6. Arrange an interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.) Complete √

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Last edited by Iolo'pax on March 15, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

Really great app you, Welcome and best of luck :)

Updated with your progress so far :)

Awarded:

Sorry it took me so long to patch the game, but shoot me a whisper (search ATown, all of my toons start with that name) in game and I can set you up.

Also I need someone to set my permissions on Skype to Justicar so I can move you around channels, I just haven't had a need for it yet, I guess, so I haven't set mine up yet.

No worries ATownArmy, Bitraider can be a cruel mistress. I'll have to make a post to the Reddit guide showing how to remove it from the SWTOR client. 

Ciervo tried to catch me on TeamSpeak but I was AFK so Frost caught up to me later on and took care of the guild invite for my main. 

Looks like I'm all set from an admin standpoint so I just need to sort out my interview and get some grouping done with the guild over the weekend. 

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I would also like to know how to remove Bitraider from SWTOR if that would improve performance

Awarded:

I did 1/3 of the interview, pretty much. Next time you're online, hit me up and we can finish it up :-)

Here is a Reddit link with instructions for removing Bitraider, just beware that doing so requires you to re-download the SWTOR client.

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3ksypm/guide_to_permanently_removing_bitraider_and/

And this is another removal method that my old guild used: 

How To Disable BitRaider

How to fix it to help other people escape from the hell that is BitRaider:

Step 1
Uninstall the game.

Step 2
Download and install: swtor_setup.exe

Step 3
Run the launcher, let it do it's self-update thing, and login. Once you've accepted the EULA's quickly quit the launcher.

Step 4
Go into your swtor directory and open the launcher.settings file in notepad.

It should to look like:
{ "Login": "SEKRIT"
, "LastProduct": ""
, "downloadRate": "0"
, "language": "en-us"
, "TestServerAccess": "No"
, "SpecHash": "SEKRIT,"
, "AutoClose": "NONE"
, "KillKillProc": "false"
, "LastMode": "PROD"
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"BR\" }"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": false
, "DevLogin": ""
, "EnableAutoEnvironment": "false"
, "LastEnvironment": ""
, "loglevels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "P2PEnabled": "false"
, "enableRateLimit": "false"
, "uploadRate": "0"
, "InternalLaunchpad": "null"
, "InternalGamepad": "null"
, "ExternalLaunchpad": "null"
, "ExternalGamepad": "null"
, "HardPatcherMode": "PROD"
, "PickedEnvironments": "swtor"
}

Step 5
Change the file so it'll look like:
{ "Login": "SEKRIT"
, "LastProduct": ""
, "downloadRate": "0"
, "language": "en-us"
, "TestServerAccess": "No"
, "SpecHash": "SEKRIT,"
, "AutoClose": "NONE"
, "KillKillProc": "false"
, "LastMode": "PROD"
, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_download_complete": { }
, "log_levels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "bitraider_disable": true
, "DevLogin": ""
, "EnableAutoEnvironment": "false"
, "LastEnvironment": ""
, "loglevels": "INFO,SSNFO,ERROR"
, "P2PEnabled": "false"
, "enableRateLimit": "false"
, "uploadRate": "0"
, "InternalLaunchpad": "null"
, "InternalGamepad": "null"
, "ExternalLaunchpad": "null"
, "ExternalGamepad": "null"
, "HardPatcherMode": "PROD"
, "PickedEnvironments": "swtor"
}

Step 6
Let the install finish and enjoy it without the broken BitRaider and it's shenanigans. The downside being that you have to download the entire game.
Nemasis Darkshadow

Trial Update:

Managed to run some heroics with Scubax and Eosque yesterday. We cleared Tatooine and Nar Shaddaa and picked up 14 or so alliance crates. The run went smoothly enough despite some random wanderings from the 4th member of the group that we picked up from the fleet. We didn't use TeamSpeak and relied on groupchat.

It looks like ATownArmy tried to ping me about the interview on TeamSpeak while we were doing the heroics so I'll need to chase that up today at some point.

Iolo'pax
Officer

Updated your Trial to reflect your progress.

Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Recent Images
Who's Online