View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: LOTRO still fun I wonder

In my free time today, I got the itch to rewatch the LOTR trilogy.  While watching, I got the itch to replay my old friend LOTRO.  I may try to get back into it, but I've always believed it's impossible to fully enjoy two MMOs at once.  Still, some reading I did today makes it seem fun if I could find a casual raiding guild in that game and had the free time to enjoy it along with all the things I still want to do in SWTOR.

http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/letter-executive-producer

http://www.mmobomb.com/mordor-or-bust-lotro-extended-2017

http://massivelyop.com/2015/02/21/lotro-legendarium-what-can-we-expect-from-mordor/

I was a lifetime subscriber, so I must have a SH*T-ton of turbine points to spend on level-faster items or insta-100s or whatever they have.

I play both STO and TOR (TOR is still #1) literally at the same time. It takes so much time to play two at once that if you don't schedule it, you need to have a ton of time on your hands (which I have).

It's also really hard to do both and not do one more than the other. They each have that have similar things that have different cooldown timers and are setup differently.

Personally, in STO I just mess around and don't do anything meaningful. The lack of voice overs makes it very hard to get into the story, so I'm not an altoholic there like I am in TOR. Which brings me to another point.

TOR has spoiled us with voice over work and well done storytelling. In STO, you do a ton of reading text which makes the story not engaging. They're mostly changing that now, but it's still leaving much to be desired. The other problem is that in STO, the voice overs are amateurish (the line reading, the way they're read, reuse of the five (maybe five) staff voice actors/acresses, and even the audio quality all make it sound unprofessional), aside from the actual actors from the Trek shows. Sometimes the lines themselves are just bad. BioWare has us spoiled but good with that.

If you're restricted on time, pick one and stick with it; or decide which one your going to play and when.

Since Raptr was installed.
Seuhae
Officer

I still log in to LoTRo from time to time.  Mounted combat is pretty fun.  Mostly I log in for rewards or the various festivals.  I have a lvl 100 Hunter and lvl 34 Minstrel on Landroval (since the mergers).

Awarded:

Mergers?  I was just reading about that... very exciting!  One of the reasons I left it altogther was that my server, Windfola, was outrageously empty and I always felt lonely in Middle Earth

Yeah, they just merged most of the servers.  Definitely went from little activity to good bit of activity moving from Silverwind to Landroval.

Awarded:

Nice.  I realize another thing that made me not want to play both... game play/combat is so much different in LOTRO.  

What server do you play on Shawn? I was planning on making a warden on a server to check out what is new.

Awarded:

I'm moving everything to Landroval, the RP-Encouraged server.  Seems great so far, already found an active but casual-friendly guild named Heedless Tosspotts, which is Tolkein-speak for "Crazy Drunks" or something lol

Awarded:

lol I love that in LORD OF THE RINGS, I can check my mail at any time (like email) but in SWTOR I can't (ok, I can pretend summoning a mail droid is like checking email, but still... XD   )

Awarded:

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

I'm moving everything to Landroval, the RP-Encouraged server.  Seems great so far, already found an active but casual-friendly guild named Heedless Tosspotts, which is Tolkein-speak for "Crazy Drunks" or something lol

Sounds like it suits you, lol

Yeah, play style is definitely very different.  I haven't spent enough time in LoTRo lately to pay attention to any of the guilds since the merger.  Might have to spend a day and reacquaint myself with the game.

LoTRO is a bit like Star Wars for me.  Just to experience the world and obviously the music.  Keeps it enjoyable for me even if I don't play it very much.  Actually if it wasn't for SWTOR then I would be playing it quite a bit.  Gotta love that lifetime subscription, $200 9 yrs ago, good stuff.

Awarded:

I did that too seuhae!

Awarded:

I heard they finally released Minas Tirith in this game!

Kimia
Nokinoki_SW
Member - 3 Years

I didn't know you were on Windfola Nwahs, that is where Wizke, Thorin, and I played.  I too was a lifetime subscriber, haven't even thought of the game in a long time though.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: