View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: NEED HELP! Game freezing laptop

BACKSTORY: I bought Star Wars Battlefront 3 and had to upgrade to the newest nvidia driver which added a whole new control panel. Since then whenever I open SWTOR it runs for ~30 seconds and my whole laptop freezes. No Ctl Alt Del, no nothing. As I was going on vacation in a few days I just took and early LOA and thought I'd buy  new laptop since I hate this one anyway. Needless to say, I didn't get a chance to and now I need to figure this out.

Problem: Since upgrading to the new nvidia control panel, SWTOR freezes my laptop. Any ideas? suggestions? Google has a TON of ideas but none of them seem to be related to my issue and I am VERY deep down the google rabbit hole.

I am guessing you used GeForce Experience to update drivers. See if installing previous nvidia driver will fix ToR. Try finding driver on link bellow that matches your computer, and manually install it, downgrade everything, control panel as well if possible, and see if that fixes ToR. You may need to uninstall nvidia completely first before doing this.

If you want to get again the newest nvidia driver to make BFea working, try last driver manually again, but this time with custom installation (not express installation) and allow only driver to be installed, without any other upgrades to control panel.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Thanks man! That seemed to work. My internet connection was wonky today, but I got in a warzone and GPUZ showed my video card working fine. IT must have been the drivers after all! 

Its 2 fold like it was mentioned by Oyo, a few things I would also recommend.

In your AV add SWTOR game to exceptions, Download and install CCleaner, Malwarebits, and the AV I recommend is Webroot. When is the last time you did a defrag, and a good cleaning of your laptop. Like blowing out dust so on?

Check your system, and use CCleaner weekly.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: