View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacen
Branch™
Veteran

Awarded:

re: Favorite Planets?

The Star Wars galaxy is full of interesting planets. I was just curious as to what everyone's favorite planet is. Name multiple if you want and just kinda give a reason or two why.

Hoth is a favorite for me because of its appearance in TESB. It just seemed cool (no pun intended) for a whole planet to be covered in ice and snow and to have dangerous creatures like the wampa running around it. The battle in TESB was of course, amazing. Hoth in SWTOR is also pretty amazing even if its not wide open like I would imagine it to be (think Dune Sea-ish but with snow).

Corellia is a favorite because of Han Solo. I love their culture and the attitude of Corellians. I just love the lore that surrounds the planet and the government. When I RP'd, my Guardian and Vanguard are Corellians. Ingame, its pretty monotonous but it is an urban area so it makes sense. 

I went into a lot of detail but you dont have to. There's more from the EU that probably just aren't coming to mind. These to are my top 2 tho.

AlkalineAspect

Yavin 4 has been one of my favorites since I read through the Darth bane series. Korriban as well, I think the in game depictions of them was spot on for the "time frame". As a whole they both have a lot of history and dark secrets and light side defeating temptation stories etc etc...

Cyparissus

Naboo because meesa lika da Gungans.

But actually, I'd have to say that my favorite planet in the lore is Kessel, from the "wow this place is a shitbox" point of view. It was very effectively fleshed out in the EU.

Waars
Veteran Officer

Awarded:

Hoth because empire strikes back...  and snow

Officer

Probably a toss up between Dromund Kaas and Belsavis

Kintan - insane varying climates and it's effect on the Nikito
Coruscant - Original Homeworld of the Taun/Mandalorian Progenitors and its incredible structures and functionality.
Hoth/Tatooine- sights and culture.

Mazikeena
Member - 3 Years

Kashyyyk because Wookies (Really liked those parts in the original KOTOR)

Oricon for SWTOR because I just can't stay mad at those Dread Masters. <3

I like Alderaan and how it is depicted in SWTOR.  Other than the scenery, the politics resemble a medieval Europe meets Sci-Fi fantasy.

Corellia because, well, it is Corellia and just plain cool

Voss, it looks like forever Fall there and I love Fall and all the vibrant colors.  It is an intriguing society to say the least

Dantooine, I think SWG did this one really well and it was a good planet to hit for so many different reasons.  Just really took it from nowhere to something important

Talus, the wilder side of Corellia

I've always loved Manaan. I will always be hopeful for a Manaan stronghold.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah, Manaan might be in my top 3, along with Mustafar.  Alderaan is my favorite though, because of the environment!  I"d love to vacation there.

Awarded:

In general, I'd say Taris, pre-Malak.  It's like Coruscant, but still had some beauty spots.  I really like Lothal for the same reasons.  In-game, it is by far Rishi.  Very Peter Pan & the Lost Boys kind of feeling.  Adventure, excitement, AND PIRATES!

I love Nar Shadaa, everything from the big screens displaying advertising, the busy transit and specially the color palette, it really makes me get that sci-fi futuristic city feeling.

Jump to: