Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: Ariata Nediir back story

The bellow is the background story for my Togruta which I'm planning to make a smuggler. Be mindful that the post contains swearing, violence and scenes of a sexual nature. Feel free to leave comments. I've still got a lot to do before its finished.

Ariata Nediir had taken breakfast at the Waffle Stomper Diner for the past two weeks. She'd been waiting on, her long term partner in crime, Midget Munch. And today was the day he'd finally shown.

Contrary to his name, Munch was a seven-foot burly giant of a man. Ariata could still recall his deep throated chuckling as he'd introduced himself, so she'd gathered that it was meant to be funny. These days she become more accustomed to his half-witted humor and his infectious chuckle usually had her joining in too.

This morning however Midget Munch seemed to be doing his darnedest to life up to his name. He was slouched so low in their booth that she had taken to sitting cross-legged, to save her own legs from being crushed. His head was inclined and he was casting regular furtive glances out the window. His plate of space waffle had barely been touched and she had only managed to get a few grunts out of him in the way of conversation.

"So are you going to tell me what's up?" asked Ariata.

"Not here." he responded gruffly.

Munch had been gathering intel for their next job. All Ariata knew about it was a name "Nabrisca" but it seemed she would have to wait to find out more.

"Well you should eat something," she said, "you look like you haven't eaten for two weeks."

It wasn't really true, he could probably have fasted for two months without it showing. But it wasn't like Munch to forgo food. Particularly when it was right in front of him.

Munch grunted and shoved his plate away. 

"Lets get out of here." He said, thrusting himself sideways out the booth. 

Ariata unfurled her legs, grimacing as the circulation returned, and stumbled out the booth after him. He was at the door before she was even half way down the aisle. He cast a look back at her as the door slid open, clearly wanting her to get a move on. He caught her eyes just as the room lite-up around him, consuming him in a flash of burning white light.

Ariata stared blankly at the now empty space where her partner and friend had just stood. She stood there dazed. Slowly a sickening dread filled her as the reality took hold. She glanced around here, not really knowing where to look. Some people were ogling her while others began to slink away. Ariata did know what to do, but she knew she did want to be here. She started running.

---

Once she stopped running, Ariata found that her feet had brought her outside Munch's apartment. The thick set metallic door was indistinguishable from the other hundred apartments that lined the corridor. Many of the number plates meant to aid in identifying them were in various states of decrepitude and the rest like Munch's were completely missing. But Ariata had been here hundreds of times and knew instinctively that this one was Munch's. 

She took a glance down the corridor a Kiffar couple were just exiting their own apartment. From the way they were leaning on each other for support, they were clearly still experiencing a come down from the night before. A devaronian was further down the corridor speaking animatedly to two of the building security who were staring at him with blank indifference. Ariata pulled at the covering of the door's access panel. It came away easily having been loosened through several years of her abusing it. Munch had been a heavy sleeper and no amount of pounding at the door would wake him. Even Munch though would wake if you gave him a solid kick to the kidneys. Ariata fiddle around deftly with the internal circuitry, till the metal door slid open. She re-attached the covering and slipped inside. 

The apartment itself was a tiny cubical. It just about had enough room for someone like Munch to lie down in. A simple desk computer sat at the far end of the room just under a heating duct that ran along the top of the back wall. Without Munch to fill it, the room felt disconcerting and Ariata began to well up. She gave her head-tails a brisk shake to recompose herself and stride across to the desk. The door sliding shut behind her. 

A half drunk cup of soda sat on the desk. It was still fizzling so Munch had obviously been here recently. A set of data sticks were strewn in a pile next to the cup. Ariata grab one and shoved it in the computer. It contained a collection of news snippets. She flicked through them. Some of the outer rim settlements had been having crop troubles and fighting was preventing re-supplies; A bio musculant stim making the rounds in the Kathol sector was causing violent outbursts; and a group of separatists were causing trouble on ord mantel. There however wasn't any mention of Nabrisca and she couldn't figure out what connection Munch and drawn from them.

She flicked out the data disk and was set to enter another one when she heard a loud voice outside. 

"two-fourteen is it?" Said a stout voice.

"Yes, definitely" came the soft spoken response.

Fuck, thought Ariata. That was this apartment and they couldn't be far from the door. Her eyes darted around looking for somewhere to hide. She didn't think it would be good getting caught going through Munch's things however close they'd been. The room was so small and sparsely filled that there was no where really for her to go. Her eyes drew upwards and alighted on the vent.

Ariata placed the panel back down underneath her just as she heard the door slid open. She froze.

"Here you go." Said the stout voice, which Ariata assumed must belong to one of the guards she'd seen outside.

"Thank you." came the response from the devaronian. 

Though it seemed more of a dismissal than any real gratitude. She heard clanking and assumed credits had changed hands. It was quickly followed by the patter of feet out of the room and up the corridor.

A small outlet in the vent gave Ariata a restricted view of the room. She could make out the devaronian as he approached and fiddled with a communicator in his ear.

"It's Jigs, I'm in." He said.

"No, I'm just about to start looking. It won't take long this place barely has room to swing a wampa."......

"Urrg, the slobs spilt soda all over his keypad."...

Oh crap, though Ariata. She must have tipped the cup up when she'd clambered up here.

..."Hmm interesting, it's still seeping."... 

Ariata saw the devaronian head shift up to look in her direction.

.."I'll call you back General."

Ariata had to move. She began to crawl, the lose metal of the vent clanging as she did. If Jigs had been unsure of her presence before, he was now certain. A blaster bold ripped through the metal sheeting just behind her. The sound resonating along the vent. Ariata was small and fast but the vent ran in a straight line for a good hundred meters. If Jigs stuck his blaster through the vent shaft she'd be fried. Ariata dislodged the panel over an apartment a few doors down from Munch's and tumbled out. She landed deftly, barely missing a couple engaged in coitus. The female twi'lek who was knelt straddling her human mate paused mid writhing. While they had clearly not be bothered by loud blaster fire from a nearby apartment, they were less accustomed to having a small togruta girl falling in on them mid rise.

Ariata didn't stop though. She was at the door before the twi'lek even had time to grab a thin shirt covering for her exposed breasts. 

The corridor was empty but it wouldn't take long for Jigs to figure out that she was no longer in the ventilation. She doubted he'd waste time scrutinizing the situation if he found her as the corridors lone occupant. She had her pistol and considered using it. She rated herself as handy with a blaster. Munch had taught her everything he knew and he was an obsessive gun nut. He'd spend hours discussing guns with his friend Corso. However she suspected the devaronian was packing armour under his cloths and in this confined corridor with nothing to take cover behind her agility would be severely hampered.

A door a short distance away stood ajar and a bothan's head was slightly exposed peering out at her. Bothans could always be dependent on to be a nosey little bastard. While everyone else was content to keep it to themselves he'd obviously decided to figure out the source of the blast fire. But Ariata wasn't complaining this was her way out.

Before he could retreat, Ariata was on him and shoved him backwards into his room collapsing on top of him and shoved a hand over his mouth to stop any squealing. She tried to calm her breathing a stitch was developing in her side. She listened intently for noises from the hall. The was thumping on the apartment she'd just left. The twi'lek clearly had had time to gather some clothes as Ariata heard her answer almost immediately. 

"What do you want?" She said coldly. 

"You just had someone in here." Said Jigs.

"What if we did? They ain't here no more." She responded defensively.

"Well you're going to describe them to me." Said Jigs cooly. 

"It was just some little bitch." She replied.

"You can do better than that." Said Jigs, "Here let me give you some incentive."

A set of successive blaster shots were meet by a piercing scream. 

"You shot him! What the hell is wrong with you?" She screeched, "Wait, no wait I'll tell you. Please don't shoot." As Jigs turned the gun on her.

"She was a Togruta. My height. Blue ribboned head-tails. But she was only here for a second that's all I swear." She begged.

"Much better." Said Jigs. 

A single blaster bolt rang out and Ariata heard the twi'lek crumple to the floor.

Jigs must have used in communicator again.

"Me again," Jigs said. "I'll need the video feed from the diner."...

"The togruta's been prying."...

"Stop worry. I'll handle it."

Ariata heard him walking away, in the direction of Munch's apartment. 

A muffling from beneath her reminded her that she was still lying prostrate atop the bothan. She steadily removed her hand from his mouth. He made no attempt to call out, so she rose steadily to her feet. She still held the second data stick in her other hand. She tossed it around a few times before alighting on the computer terminal.

"May I." She asked the bothan.

Without waiting for permission she strolled over and inserted the data stick. This one contained some of Munch recent communications. One in particular mentioned Nabrisca.

[CORSO] Hey old buddy. You interesting in a job.

[MUNCH] Anything for an old blast hand like you. Corso.

[CORSO] We need a run of weapons here to Ord Mantell. Planets under a blockade.

[MUNCH] Sure can do. A blockade won't faze Ariata. She'll probably think Viidu's the blockade.

[CORSO] Ha! One more thing - You heard of a Lena Nabrisca?

[MUNCH] Nope. She one of Skavaks floozies?

[CORSO] Ha, ha! No the separatists here have been getting there hands on some type of addictive stim. They've been using them to hook in local youths to their cause.

[MUNCH] Well we can't have that. I can dig into it.

[CORSO] Much appreciated old bud.

That at least explained why Munch had collected those news snippets.

"Lena Nabrisca" came a voice from behind her. 

Startled she turned round and found the bothan had slipped up behind her and had obviously been reading along.

Ariata composed herself "You know her?"

The bothan gave her a nonplussed look, as if he couldn't understand why he wouldn't know her. The bothan caught Ariata's narrowing eyes and clearly decided he didn't want to get flattened again so he quickly added. "I can show you to her apartment if you'd like?"

---

Dr Nabrasca's apartment was in a much more up market part of Coruscant. She wasn't home when they arrived, so Ariata took the liberty. It took a little longer to circumvent the security and she had to use a data spike to overload the surveillance cameras. The bothan, hovered around clearly uneasy. Its curiosity won out and it followed her inside. The apartment consisted of five rooms. One of the rooms had been clearly designated as an office and it was here that Ariata decided to direct her search. It turned out Lana Nabrasca worked for Czerka corporation as a sales rep. They'd been experimenting with the addictive properties of stims in the aims of boosting sales in the outer rim. Ariata found an order, from a group of Ord Mantell separatists, placed on behalf of a General Ortol. The bothan came hurtling into the room and began to tug on Ariata's clothing. She stood up and followed it as it lead her to the living room. A rudimentary detonation device had been set up and hooked into the security feed. It was set to go off when the security cameras detected movement. Thank god she'd disabled them. Ariata considered leaving the bomb alone but then she recalled Munch getting blow up this morning. This wasn't a fair way to die. She walked over to the bomb and started adjusting the wiring. At this the bothan took his curiosity as being satisfied and swiftly left the apartment. Ariata decided the safest option was to cause a miniature detonation of the bomb. It also had the benefit of drawing in the local security. Not usually a plus point in Ariata's eyes but she suspected they'd find the Czerka data of interest. She rigged the bomb to detonate off the security cameras.

Exiting the apartment she flicked a switch to bring the security cameras back to life. The ground shook beneath her and she heard the living room window shatter. She  headed for a stack of nearby creates as sirens began to sound. She'd learnt a long time ago that running from a crime only brought attention on yourself. So she instead she waited till a crowed started to form and mingled in amongst them. She wasn't the only one who'd come to survey their handy work.

Hanging towards the back of a crowd, coming from the other direction, was Jigs. Clearly coming to observe his own handy work. He spotted her and from the way his face lit up with recognition he'd had time to review the diners security feed. She unholstered her blaster but kept it down by her side. Jigs made is way through the crowd towards her. She made a break for it. She darted down a corridor between two buildings. It ran a short way before opening up into a collection and deliveries area for the surrounding buildings. She darted behind a refuse skip that had been let out for collection and waited talk slow steady breaths. She heard his foot steps slow as he entered the area clearly expecting an ambush.

"Why don't you come out Ariata I only want to talk." Exclaimed Jigs silkily.

Like fuck he does, thought Ariata. She spun from cover and let lose a quick double shot. The bolts fizzled ineffectually as they hit Jigs' armor.

She spun behind a nearby create. The corner of which was swiftly vaporised by a bolt sent in her direction.

"So you want to play." Said Jigs amused.

"Fuck you." Ariata swore.

She rolled low sending a bolt at his exposed head it shaved the top of his head removing one of his horns. Jigs own shot aimed high went clean over her.

She grinned as Jigs let out a low growl of fury.

"You can do better than that." She jibbed.

"As you will." he said. "Say hello to Munch for me."

She picture Munch being blown to pieces and instinctively she knew what he had planned. She darted quickly round the far side of the skip and slipped silently up the gap between the wall. The explosion came just as she'd predicted. She forced back the tears as the memory of Munch tried to consume her. Slipping out from behind the skip she placed her gun next to Jigs temple.

"Much better." She said.

A single blaster bolt rang out and Jigs crumpled to the floor.

Ariata slowly made her way back down the ally way. She'd done enough running that day. She pondered as she walked what her next steps. Maybe she should look into that supply run for Corso. At least that would be less eventful.

Awarded:

Finally finished writing it. Could probably do with several edits but at least its done for Tuesday.

Awarded:

you had me at sexual nature. reawr

Awarded:

:)

Awarded:

/soul wrote:

you had me at sexual nature. reawr

Even though I wrote it. You've got such a filthy mind. Which now I think about it you'll probably take as compliment. So, yay hi-five!

Jump to: