Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

re: ACTUAL THING THAT HAPPENED, TOLD AS RP

NOTE: THIS ALL ACTUALLY HAPPENED 2 DAYS AGO. EXCEPT THE CORELLIAN ALE. IT WAS MILLER LITE.

The Glory

by ATownArmy

Brandon Jinn and ATown. That used to be all it took to get respect, those names. Where they came from, they ruled the lava wasteland of Oricon, the ruins of Yavin IV, and the snow-filled plains of Illum. Where they were now though, was a new place. The places looked the same but our heroes' names carried no honor; that they would have to build for themselves.

A call went out to the Galaxy that the ancient, advanced race of the Gree were preforming tests on any would-be heroes. These were tests of combat, to see a combatant's capabilities, measure their fears and limitations, and reward victors handsomely in credits and glory. That's why Brandon and ATown came; for the glory.

As they traveled across the south western wasteland of Illum where a mighty fort once stood, buried in snow now and barely recognizable but for the plaque that bears witness to the thousands that dies there in the Battles of Illum, they were given a gift. Two conniving, prideful, and short-sighted Dark Jedi Guardians ambushed Brandon and ATown as they were being tested on a Heroic quest. As Brandon protected his friend ATown with his light saber, and ATown healed his friend Brandon with his Kolto packs, the Dark Jedi were soon felled by expert teamwork and determination. This was not Brandon and ATown's first fight, and it would not be their last.

The Dark Jedi came again though, and again. Being beaten back each time but never giving up. Harassing and fighting viciously they could not be beaten enough to stay away. Then finally as they lured Brandon away from his friend, they lept to ATown and finished him with a master strike to his heart as Brandon helplessly watched. The Dark Jedi were soon able to defeat him a well as he was alone and without help or hope.

And then they taunted. The Dark Jedi Knights stood over the bodies of the men who had beaten them numerous times, against great odds, while fighting other great creatures, and they taunted the fallen. Calling them weak and pathetic. They spit, they insulted, and they did something unforgivable, they said that they were better fighters. They didn't want the kill, they wanted the glory. The one thing that ATown and Brandon couldn't stand to give up. And they wouldn't. The call went out to their family, their legacy, to defend their honor and glory. The big guns were about to get involved.

ATownFire and Brandon-Jinn. The creators of their legacies' glory. The big brothers of ATown and Brandon Jinn. It was said where they came from that they were undefeatable. And they meant to prove it. They set out at once to Illum to the sight of their brother's fallen bodies and challenged the Dark Jedi to combat. Single or double, it would be the Dark Jedi's choosing, and they chose single, hoping to fight Brandon. ATownFire was incensed. He would not have his family's honor defiled and then not draw first blood. He immediately challenged the stronger of the Dark Jedi, and the Dark Jedi accepted. What a fool. Thinking he was fighting a sage his fighting stance was completely wrong for what awaited him. The Dark Jedi ceded the match with barely getting in a strike with his light saber. But the prideful Jedi demanded a rematch, where he would be ready for the Jedi Shadow. ATownFire gladly accepted.

ATownFire fought brilliantly. He timed his moves perfectly, moving around with expert precision and defending oncoming blows as well as he ever had. He attacked at the right times, controlled the Dark Jedi's movement like a puppet on a string and danced around him, slashing at his back like he had so many victims before. But the Dark Jedi wouldn't be defeated. He stayed on the offense, deflected even more strikes, and stuck with such power and precision that in short time, ATownFire was down on one knee, begging for mercy.

It couldn't be. ATownFire had never lost in single combat when the fight was his to control. He played his part perfectly. Expertly. Futilely. The Dark Jedi taunted and spat and gloated and the glory was his. There was nothing to be said. ATownFire congratulated him, hoping to keep his dignity, but the Dark Jedi continued on. ATownFire had come all this way, through great adversity and through great trials emerging each time wiser and more prepared and his his final moment of proving his worthiness, he was weighed and found wanting. He failed.

So now he sits, in a cantina on tatooine drinking Corellian ale and his mind is blank. There are no thoughts of what he could have done. He did everything better than even he could have expected. No thoughts of what to do next, as everything he had learned until now had failed him. Nowhere to turn to he sends a message to Brandon, "What now?" But Brandon doesn't reply. ATownFire calls for another glass.

Awarded:

Intense.. but depressing :(

Awarded:

This did not end as expected. I need a hug.

Empiricus
Empiricis
Officer

pew pew?

Awarded:

Only two things can come from this:

/reroll         /gocommando

Awwww I want to pass you more beers and give you a hug :(  

Awarded:

It was by far the most spirit-crushing experience I've had in a game. To be just flat out beaten by someone when you are at your absolute best. And the fact that the guy was a jerk and had been harassing us for an hour. I need a hug too, Travipod.

Well on the bright side we did beat him and his friend like a million times before that

Kius
Admin Account

Awarded:

And after!  Epic story, btw.

ATownArmy wrote:

It was by far the most spirit-crushing experience I've had in a game. To be just flat out beaten by someone when you are at your absolute best. And the fact that the guy was a jerk and had been harassing us for an hour. I need a hug too, Travipod.

Was this the Fight shortly before I came to Illum by any any chance?

ATownArmy
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

It was. You joined our group maybe 20 minutes afterwards. I'm pretty sure I explained what had happened to you. I was very traumatized for a long time afterwards :-(

ATownArmy wrote:

It was. You joined our group maybe 20 minutes afterwards. I'm pretty sure I explained what had happened to you. I was very traumatized for a long time afterwards :-(

I felt your great disturbance in the force hence why I came on with my Trauma Probes at the ready. The real healing starts now brother, just let my sensual cleansing beams penetrate your body. My lovely Kolto will ooze inside you at first it will sting, but you will start to enjoy it. As the Bacta hits your central nervous system you will be sleeping like a baby.

My treatment plans are second to none...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: