View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

re: Bowdaar Costume WIP

For those that don't know, I am a member of the Rebel Legion (and hopefully next year I will be officially in the 501st Legion). Those two groups are charity Star Wars costume groups. I joined the RL back in 2010. I have 2 Jedi costumes.

Well I have always wanted a Wookiee but I wanted to do something different as everyone does Chewbacca. Well I have started to work on Bowdaar. Here's a work in progress picture. When all is said and done...I will be 7'6 in the stilts. I need to take a new picture...the hair on the left leg is up to the white line (that's where the gray will start) and the other leg is about half that distance.

Awarded:

My friend Mathias "Maul" is in the 501st.  He dresses up as Darth Maul.  shaved his head and takes hours to prepare to go and meet kids and go across minnesota to events.   pretty cool.  if i had a costume i'd want to join in on the fun. 

Anyway, so far you are looking good with the costume pieces you have right now.  must be a lot of work but a ton of fun as well.  Really jealous.

Member - 4 Years

Yeah...the Wookiee...I will probably put in between 200 and 400 hours by the time it's all said and done.

Looks awesome so far. And quite the undertaking if I might add.

My only question is this: I understand that you are making your legs longer by the use of stilts. Will you use anything to make your arm length look proportional? Or am I just ruining everything by asking that?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

woah!!!  cool!!  Quite the undertaking indeed!

The hair is about 8 inches long. So the hair will come down 8 inches past the end of my hands. It adds to the illusion that the arms are longer.

Awarded:

My brother is actually apart of the Rebel Legion and Mandalorian Mercs!

He's really into the cosplay and costuming hobby, and he's got a full set of custom crafted and decorated Mandalorian Armor to prove it.  He's currently working on a full set of Havoc Trooper armor based off of Hope.

I'll try to get some pics posted tomorrow!

Awarded:

Badass! Wookiee costumes are super impressive when done well and this one looks like its gonna be great!

When I'm less fat I'm totally going to build a TK set. I have most of a "simple" 501st ready uniform created but don't want to join formally until I think I have some more weekends free!

Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

I hear ya. Once my Wookiee is done (sometime next year), I want to do a TK and maybe an Mandalorian. I want something with armor. I too need to lose some weight though so I don't look like a fat TK...lol. Also...once my Wookiee is done...I kind of want to wait and see what kind of costumes come out from the movies because I might do one of those if there's something really cool.

Awarded:

Just a couple of our projects :)

Jump to: