View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!

16man Dread Palace
HAPPY 5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PAX REPUBLICA!

First Eternity Vault Full ClearI just want to say that I am really proud of this guild.  You guys are all awesome.  Every single person in this guild is someone I respect and want to play with and chat in teamspeak with.  And that has not always been true for me, but it is right now and I hope to keep it that way.  We have been a dedicated SWTOR guild for FIVE YEARS.  That's 2 and a half or so years before the game was even released.  That is a TREMENDOUS accomplishment.  We should all be proud.

First Full Clear Of Karagga's Palace SM

I especially thank the officers, past and present, who have helped me and the other Consuls keep this place going.  Lots of time that could have been playing games has been spent by Officers doing forums work, Trials/applications work, etc.  Thank you!

First DF ClearSorry we don't have a bigger event or celebration planned.  I've been swamped (today was my first day of school as a new teacher), but hopefully people are enjoying Conquests and everything!

Please post your favorite Pax Republica moments, I think that would be awesome :)

I haven't done a guild survey in a while, or a guild meeting.  I promise to make both of those happen by Halloween at the absolute latest.  The guild meeting should be in September at some point, survey hopefully also in September.

THREE CHEERS PAX REPUBLICA!

Awarded:

Oooooou, favourite Pax moment...

There was one time we open world PvP'd on Tatooine, might've been my first time. All I know was it was rather early in my life here.
There's no specific moment that made it great, well aside from me leaving Bantha to die (love you B!), but more having a group of people, talking to them, having impromptu dance parties and having a blast slaughtering Imps. I'd never really been part of something like Pax before and it really sort of exemplified what Pax means to me.

Having fun, being with friends, makin' memories, slaughtering some Imps and being awesome. What's cool for me is most of the people that were there, are still here.

Place your trust in the Swishtem, for the Swishtem trusts you.
P-Rife
PolishRifle
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Hanging out with Shawn and Crasic last year was awesome as was hearing that Atown and BrandonJinn had a beer and the Euro-Pax meet up.  Hopefully we'll get more RL meetings in the future

gluefoot
Veteran

The two "First Kills" of Op IX on 50 and 55 HM. Was so tough both times but the satisfaction was unreal! Also I forget if it was the same time but when Fossh was the last man standing and killed the boss with like 1% health left. Truly heroic.

"Did I fire six shots or only five? Three? Seven. Whatever."

Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

Every day I get to login and play with my gaming family is a memoriable day for me. :)

Thank you all for your dedication to playing and the time you invest, I couldn't "waste" my time any better way than playing with you all.

I updated the original thread with some Pax memoriable moments. :)

Much love!

I honestly don't even know a 'favourite' moment. Granted meeting 'the boys' in Berlin was a highlight but I just love every single one of you even if you're all on the other side of the world *sniffle*

sometimes I have these days/weeks/whatever where I don't really feel like playing (meh) and yet whenever I log in I feel right at home again. after my old guild more or less fell apart because we couldn't agree upon a new game to play I thought I'd never be this at home anywhere again but I am so so glad that I was wrong. <3

there's been the legendary drunk raid nights, our fancy bar parties between waiting for ranked pops back when they were still warzones, random shenanigans with lots of sprakle powder (hehe), all the people who are and were a member of the guild... the guild's been going strong even during times where nobody knew if this game would even survive the first year (oh how glad we all are we kept sticking around :P), refocusing, adjusting to new situations, new content to have fun with, new members who eventually became very central people to the guild as a whole.

and sappy sati feeling silly after writing that :P

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Palindora
Aestel Cooper
Member - 5 Years

Awarded:

Happy anniversary. Can't believe its been 5 years already. I remember there was plenty of game hoping while we waited for the game to be launched, though it usually ended up with a to-and-fro between (insert random game) and league of legends. I think I still have a 30 something warden from when we tried LOTRO. We also had the old RP and story section which was fun. And of cause there was lots of sig making with Finx raising the bench mark (he must have made half the sigs in the guild as well). I still remember some of the early exploits in the game. We had a bit of a race to 50 which I only mention because I won :p. I do remember the first time we tried EV and couldn't get passed the turrets, yep that happened. It was great when we finally got the first boss down, I think we then instantly went on and got the next two that night without any trouble. We did end up getting into some big PvP battles particularly against Kajidic (they were one of are friendly rival guilds that was also formed back in the pre-game days), though those ended up lagging a lot and they usually ended up being determined by how many healers (particularly sages) we had. I actually made my second character a sage for that reason and also cause the raiding needed more ranged DPS. Cause balanced groups have always been key so that shouldn't have been surprising. Also to be aware of from the early days if anyone who is in the guild and hasn't talked to Marvel about My Little Pony yet should do definitely do so.

Awarded:

*clenches fists and falls to knees* Aestellllll!!!!!!11

Awarded:

OOOOooooOOOO, favorite Pax moment?

Launch day for sure was amazing. The electricity on Vent was insane. I bought a physical copy of the game and had to wait for the mail so I just listened on vent to everyone just experiencing everything. It was so great.

Travelling around the world to meet up with Brandon-Jinn, Sati, Marvel, and Aestel is something I'll never forget. Or how natural it was. It wasn't like me going to see some internet people, but me just going to hang out with long-time friends who I genuinely cared about and already had a great relationship with.

Also maybe my favorite was the first raid I ever did. I had never done any real organized PvE, and I had NO idea about PvE rotations or specs but we had an all-pax team and Shawn walked me through everything and everyone was so supportive and reassuring. I'm sure my numbers were horrible but I felt like a real part of the team. That was probably the most obvious example of "It doesnt matter if you win or lose, but who youre playing the game with"

Lastly, there's a post in here somewhere about it, but Travis and I on our Knights I at around lvl 50 got jumped by a lvl 55 Inquisitor on Makeb. We both force pushed him off a cliff but he landed on a metal rail so we leaped to him and had a fight to the death on this metal beam 100 yards off of the ground. It was so amazing to show what the game is capable of....   and of course we won :-)

Awarded:

Happy

Awarded:

I just now noticed the work that I assume Soulless did to make this an amazing looking Guild News post on the front page!  

Awarded:

Yep I snuck in and added photos from the gallery Happy It made it all come home more to see the accomplishments back way before i was even here, and the meetups pictures.

Woooo five years! I remember that first EV run, it was crazy lol.

5 years is quite the achievement. I have very much enjoyed my time with this guild and am looking forward to many more memories. I have LOVED meeting and playing/fighting along side each and everyone of you. I have so much to be thankful for. Everything from being recruited by Bryson to being taken through the raids with everyone to crushing imps late night with Atown to doing dailies runs in 12 parsecs with Soulless. I wish I was on a more normal schedule and wasn't so busy with school right now so I could play with you all more often. But that isn't too far away now just one more year and I get lots of more free time :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Guild News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: