Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: WoW Chapter Raid struggles

Hey guys, it is coming to my attention from members that we're struggling to form raids in WoW consistently.  Can we address this so that the chapter doesn't fail?  

My ideas would be for us to ALL WORK TOGETHER to make a serious, consistent effort right now to either

A. recruit a few more people into our wow guild, or

B. find another small wow guild to merge with, someone that is having trouble like us filling the last few spots.  OR

C... find a big zergy wow guild that we can merge our wow chapter with to ensure our Pax-family of WoW players can raid as desired.

I've been eyeing some other smaller guilds however the theme I'm running into is that everyone needs what we need: healers.  If we had just a few healers it would be so much easier to recruit DPS.  

Tuesday night, for instance, we had full DPS and tanks and needed three healers and we looked for almost an hour with no bites.  I'm on a rampage trying to snag healers when I can (I think I grabbed a resto shaman with that warrior app if they're interested in raiding) and I can't help but stress that healing is a huge need right now.  

I know Morov, Gil, Ejaria, and myself all have healing capabilities on our mains or alts, and I'm starting to gear out my holy artifact to help when needed.

A lot of guilds our size are having this issue.  We need 4.  FOUR healers full time.  The DPS will be super easy to fill in.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

I will have my pally healer geared in the next 7 days, and I will fill that role.  I just need some folks to run mythics with me to help finalize the gearset.

Did the new patch come out?

Nylos Aurion

7.1 came out last Tuesday.  New Kara raid, some balance passes, and continuation of the Suramar storyline, among some other stuff.  New raid next week, Trial of Valor, is a 3-boss raid finishing off the Stormheim storyline with Helya.  

Recruiting is going slowly but surely, biggest problem again is finding the roles we need.  Game is - and always has been - heavy on melee dps.  Ranged and Healers are pretty hard to come by.  Last night went really well and we started on schedule.  It's just a matter of starting to look early enough.  Once 8pm EST/Server hits most pugs are already going.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Great to hear that there was a successful raid night!

Jump to: