Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DurdyEnglish

re: DurdyEnglish

Hello!

My name is Eric Hermann, I am 31 and I live in the Syracuse, NY area. No wife, no kids. You know me as DurdyEnglish by my battletag, my hunter's name is Bjarngrim and my shaman's name is Grimston. Both dwarves.

I have been an avid gamer since early childhood when I got a Gameboy (old school gray brick version) for Christmas. Since then I have also owned and played (extensively) Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube, Xbox 360, and of course multiple generations of PC platforms.

I have always found MMORPGs to be my favorite genre of game despite being proficient in nearly all mainstream gaming genre. I first started with the original Everquest, picking up with the game just before the Ruins of Kunark expansion was released and I played all the way through Scars of Velious. I played a bit of Dark Age of Camelot before eventually joining the World of Warcraft about midway through the Burning Crusade. I played into WotLK and had to put my WoW days on hold shortly before the release of ICC. I came back to the game towards the end of MoP and have been playing avidly since.

Most of my non-MMO gaming experience can be summed up with a short list of some of my all-time favorite games: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Unreal Tournament, Dead or Alive 2, Red Dead Redemption, Halo (1-3, Reach), Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader, Soul Caliber, Warcraft 3. I know I am missing some, but I did say a short list.

Since my return to WoW and after extensive WC3 play, I have become increasingly interested and knowledgeable in regards to the lore surrounding the game series.  

Any other questions, just ask. 

DurdyEnglish

I've also briefly played GW2 and SWTOR, neither of which could capture my attention.

Ciervo Wylde
Officer

Awarded:

Glad to have you DurdyEnglish, what are your hobbies when you aren't gaming?

These days my hobby has been looking for a new job, but I enjoy hiking, cooking, and writing when I'm not sitting around contemplating my future. 

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Nice to meet you man, a true Renaissance Gamer!  Nice to have you join the family

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum