Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nylos Aurion

re: Raiding Update

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on our status.

At present we have several tanks and a lot of DPS but no raid-ready healers.  Raids unlock the 20th and everyone will want to start right away, meaning healers will be pugged until we can supply them ourselves.  For those that haven't chosen a character yet, please remember we only have room for so many melee dps.  I'd love to be able to bring 10 demon hunters but that's not viable.  Ranged DPS is and pretty much always will be kings.

In order to participate in the raid you'll need to be at least iLvL 830 with all three relic slots unlocked for your weapon.  I'd also like to see at least 15 traits unlocked in your primary weapon, but that's not a hard requirement.  These are not hard milestones to reach.  Please respond with your main and what spec you plan on playing.

Knowing is half the battle, doubly true for knowing raid fights.  Here is a link to information on the first raid, The Emerald Nightmare.  Please read up on the fights, especially Nythendra the first boss.  I will also be going over them before the pulls.  

On the idea of knowing, raid spots will be granted based on merit.  Normal and heroic modes scale so, while we need a minimum of 10 people, the more the merrier.  That being said, being fully prepared for raid time is incredibly important.  I recommend being on at least 30min prior to the start of raid to get whatever you need to get in order set up.  I'd like to start pulling at the start of our raid time, not 15-20min in.  Being tardy wastes everyone's time.  Don't be that guy.

Being prepared also includes class knowledge.  You're going to be expected to be an expert in your class.  You'll need to play the best spec for your class.  You'll want proper trinkets, the appropriate flasks, potions, and food buffs, proper enchants, and most importantly proper gearing.  Stat weights are huge, and an improperly geared character can be a huge hindrance.  WoW raids don't really allow room for carries, especially during progression.  If you need help find myself or Morov in Discord and we'll get you on the right track.  I know as much as anyone that sometimes stuff just doesn't drop, especially with this being so early in the expansion, so it's not that big of a deal with Normals.  However, once we start Heroics and move into Nighthold and later raids it'll be a much more important aspect of raiding.

I want to be able to supply consumables (flasks, potions, food buffs, enchants) to everyone through the guild bank, however this will require donations of resources as well as a list of who can make what.  Currently the best single use food isn't through a feast, but with Nomi being the worst cook ever we'll have to make do with what we can for now.  I don't foresee us having huge issues in Normals, however when we start Heroic we'll need people with the better food buffs.  

As far as Flasks and potions go I want everyone using the best flask they can get their hands on, but we can probably save potions for harder progression fights.  If we start hitting walls we will be enforcing a pre-pot policy which we'll explain when the time comes.

Cooks, Alchemists, and Enchanters, please reply with a list of what your'e currently able to make/enchant so we know who to go to for what we need.  People have started depositing greens into the guild bank for disenchanting, so let me know if you want me to pull them out for you to disenchant.

Nylos Aurion

After doing some preliminary planning we're looking at Fridays around 7-8pm CST.  Our first raid will be the 23rd, and we'll fill in what we don't have.  We can discuss further at the meeting.

Edit:  A lot of people are getting confused on the raid day.  I wanted something planned for the first week and asked the active members that were online at the time Sunday and we came up with Friday.  This is a TEMPORARY day for the first week.  A set schedule will be decided upon once I'm able to gauge everyone's schedules.

Healers and Tanks are for the most part set.  There is room for some ranged DPS, but with more people we will need more healers.  We are still going to be pugging the first one or two, however, so there's room for changes.

Healers:  Dom (Resto Druid), Samaru (Resto Shaman) and Fud (Holy Paladin).

Tanks:  Degarz (Blood) and Shaytin (Veng).

Melee DPS:  Nylos (Ret), Morov (Enh), and Ejaria (Havoc).

Ranged DPS:  Gilthresa (Shadow), Buck (Shadow), Dordrac (Fire), DarkLord (Afflic), Fud's Lady Friend (BM? Hunter).

Last edited by Nylos Aurion on September 18, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

I'm an alchemist even though I've kinda been putting off leveling it super hard, so I guess that comes to an end tonight.

I'll put a list together of what I can make, but right now it's mostly health/mana pots. I have a quest that needs a drop out of Mythic Eye of Azshara, so if we can make some time to get that in that would be great. Check that, the mythic thing is for my order hall, not alchemy, got them mixed up somehow. Still wouldn't mind a run though.

Nylos Aurion

Several of us need Mythic Eye, I'd like to try to get a group tomorrow or Monday; worst case scenario we form a pug.  Definitely do some research on how to craft flasks/pots!

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

I've got to complete the alchemy quest line and that will open up flask recipes for me, should hopefully have it done tonight.

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

Ok, so I have unlocked flasks, here they are:

Flask of Ten Thousand Scars: +1,950 Stamina

• Starlight Rose - 7
  • Aethril - 10
  • Dreamleaf - 10

Flask of Countless Armies: +1,300 Strength

• Starlight Rose - 7
  • Aethril - 10
  • Foxflower - 10

Flask of the Seventh Demon: +1,300 Agility

• Starlight Rose - 7
  • Foxflower - 10
  • Fjarnskaggl - 10

Flask of the Whispered Pact: +1,300 Intellect

• Starlight Rose - 7
  • Fjarnskaggl - 10
  • Dreamleaf - 10

cobra_four_zero
Member - 6 Months

Nylos Aurion wrote:

After doing some preliminary planning we're looking at Fridays around 7-8pm CST.  Our first raid will be the 23rd, and we'll fill in what we don't have.  We can discuss further at the meeting.

Healers and Tanks are for the most part set.  There is room for some ranged DPS, but with more people we will need more healers.  We are still going to be pugging the first one or two, however, so there's room for changes.

Healers:  Dom (Resto Druid), Samaru (Resto Shaman) and Fud (Holy Paladin).

Tanks:  Degarz (Blood) and Shaytin (Veng).

Melee DPS:  Nylos (Ret), Morov (Enh), and Ejaria (Havoc) as Melee DPS.

Gilthresa (Shadow), Buck (Shadow), Dordrac (Fire), DarkLord (Afflic) Cobra (BM? Hunter), Fud's Lady Friend (BM? Hunter).

I went with Marksman because that's what Icy Veins originally said was going to be better for raids due to its burst for dps checks.  I think BM is supposed to just be better for Mythic Dungeons.

I didn't do a crafting skill yet so I could gather for gold while leveling.

Friday nights don't work for me.  We drop our kids off at a local gymnastics place that babysits so that is our weekly Date night.  If that's the day you guys stick with then I will just have to be an occasional back up.  Don't rearrange a schedule based on me because I already know there are probably two weeks in OCT and two in NOV where I will be away for training events (I'm in the Army if I didn't mention it).

Last edited by cobra_four_zero on September 18, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Sounds good Cobra.  We'll probably pick stuff up later in thr weekend too.  With how flex works you can hop in whenever.

Thanks very much Gil!  We'll start funneling you herbs.  

Buck is also going to be going shadow priest as well with disc off spec and is gonna be picking up enchanting so we'll have both of you cooking stuff for us.

Edit:  A lot of people are getting confused on the raid day.  I wanted something planned for the first week and asked the active members that were online at the time Sunday and we came up with Friday.  This is a TEMPORARY day for the first week.  A set schedule will be decided upon once I'm able to gauge everyone's schedules.

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

Honestly, Star Light Rose is the biggest thing that I need to make flasks, it's the hardest herb to get, so if I can get fed that from the guild that's what I really need. I'll start farming mats tonight and start putting some in the GBank so we can grab them as necessary next week.

Avellyn
Avellyn!!
Member - 6 Months

I'm playing a BM hunter. Also, my friends (holy priest and lock/resto shaman) might be looking to tag along with us. I've given them Nylos' battletag.

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

I want to let everyone know that I have what is essentially a raid ready healing set for holy, so if you find yourself in need of a healer for heroics to gear up, shoot me a whisper or just ask in game or in discord and I'll almost always be down.

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

Here's a spreadsheet someone on the WoW Subreddit put together with the best Gems, Enchants, and Food buffs for all classes and specs for raiding. Not sure how accurate it is for everything, but it's spot on for shadow and holy priests.

Spreadsheet

Morovin
Officer

I should also mention, when you guys are leveling and even in endgame, it helps us immensely as a guild to do events together. WoW direct deposits gold into our bank a number of times a week each time we:

• Do a dungeon with 3 or more guildies in it
  • Do Mythic Keystone dungeons with 3 or more guildies in it
  • Do a raid where the majority (example 20 out of 25) members are guildies
  • or do a rated bg where 8 out of 10 are guildies

Where does this money go, you may ask? Back to you! Members are allowed to use gbank funds to repair and crafters willing to make raid consumables (stat increasing flasks and food) for the guild but are low on personal funds can ask an officer for a withdrawal to purchase surplus materials to make these goods.

Awarded:

Gilthresa wrote:

Here's a spreadsheet someone on the WoW Subreddit put together with the best Gems, Enchants, and Food buffs for all classes and specs for raiding. Not sure how accurate it is for everything, but it's spot on for shadow and holy priests.

Spreadsheet

Deserves it's own sticky IMO :D

Jump to: