Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nylos Aurion

re: Legion Planning

Hey all,

Morov and I were talking the other day and decided it'd be a really good time to start planning out who is playing what in Legion so we know what we're gonna look like come raiding.  If Legion follows WoD and MoP the raids won't release for several weeks after the launch of the game, so rushing to level 110 isn't important unless you want to.  I'd like to get an idea of what everyone plans on raiding with so that the several people I know of that have multiple characters know what to level and what role to research.  We're looking at a little over a month away from launch (Aug 30th) so the sooner we get the info in the better.  At the end of the day play what class and role you want to, but keep in mind that we're only gonna need 2 tanks and 2-3 healers for raids.

In the coming weeks we're gonna be having the Legion Invasion events as well as the Broken Shore questline.  The Broken Shore is a 20 Alliance, 20 Horde scenario in which both factions launch a D-Day attack on the Broken Isles.  Heroes fall, legends are born, and the more Pax people we get doing it together will make it that much more fun.  There's a lot of unique rewards to be had so let's get prepared and knock them out!  Full list of Invasion content and rewards can be found here.

Even if you can't commit to playing that much I highly recommend you log on and play around with your talents and new/changed abilities so that when patch day hits you're not overwhelmed.  Whack a training dummy for an hour and get used to it, trust me a lot has changed. If you have any questions feel free to ask Morov or myself and we'll be more than happy to help ease you into it.

Also, to whoever is in charge of the guild bank, I noticed the other day it's super cluttered.  If possible I'd like temporary permission to clear it out and sell what we don't need so we have space for Legion items/resources/consumables.  There's a lot of stuff in there that will be able to add to the repair bill fund come raiding time.  Whoever it is hit me up and we can discuss it.  If no one is really in charge of it then I'd like to volunteer to manage it.

Last edited by Nylos Aurion on July 24, 2016 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Nylos Aurion

Current Roster:

Tanks

Buck - Protection Paladin 

Morov - Blood Death Knight

Healers

Tiffs - Holy Priest

Fullmetal - Restoration Druid (tentative)

Melee DPS

Nylos - Retribution Paladin

Morov - Enhancement Shaman or Demon Hunter

Error - Demon Hunter

Ranged DPS

Morov - Elemental Shaman or Mage

Cobra - Fire Mage (tentative)

Last edited by Nylos Aurion on August 21, 2016 11:44 am; edited 4 times in total

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

I for one would like to practice healing but I never see anyone online when I do log in. I would like to be able to practice with guildies if we can come up with some days to have raid nights and you guys don't mind death happening from my learning experience :)   I also have my mage but that will take me longer to get the hang of since I never dps in any mmo

Awarded:

We definitely need to start getting ready for the new content.  Hit me up on WoW and we can start getting things together.

I am down to fill in wherever. Right now I'm torn between like 4 classes, so really it all depends on what holes there are in our roster. Tentatively I plan on playing:

Death Knight

Enhance or Ele Shaman

Mage (probably fire because they made it hella fun)

Demon Hunter (because I've leveled one to 110 in beta now and I can confirm they're a lot of fun to mess around with)

Haven't settled on anything, probably throw a warrior into the mix for pvp as well.

Tiffs I have no idea what class you have but I'll mark you down as a healer put you down as Holy, since disc is now a full on dps/heal hybrid; Morov I'll put you as DPS or possible blood tank.

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

I honestly haven't decided if I will be playing WoW come Legion time.  Probably, but I am really enjoying Overwatch and it's really agreeing with me.  So for now I guess count me out but if I see more interest spark I'll sign up.

I would like to go healing, though I am open to a couple of options on what. My main has typically been my druid, but I'm still testing out classes from the pre-patch changes.

You can put me down as Druid heals and I'll stick to that if needed, but I may be promiscuous and try to change to a different healer after getting good tries with them all  if possible.

Also, as a note, all my characters live on a different server pretty much and I wasn't planning on moving them over to Dalaran until we got started with some down home fun time raiding and stuff, but feel free to add me on Bnet and I'll join in for some testing and raiding :D

Fullmetal#1681

I haven't settled in on a class yet but I am sure it will be range dps or a healer since that is what I prefer in SWTOR.  I am leaning toward shaman but I don't really like the race options.  I hear hunter is both boring and low dps now in legion so unless things changed in the final patch I won't be trying that.  I guess fire mage is what it will end up being.  Though I heard one of the death night specs is technically melee but has a ton of ranged dots, which sounds like what the old madness shadow or lethality operative used to be like so that idea is kind of growing on me.  It would be helpful if any pros out there who are well versed in the new class changes have time to chat one day.  Already bought the expansion and am waiting to cash in the free level 100 until I make a final decision on which class to raid with.

Death Knight abilities for frost have a little bit longer range, but they're most definitely classified as melee DPS.  Although, from what I understand both Frost and Unholy are like SUPER fun to play.  I'll mark you as mage for now cobra.

Fullmetal from what I understand being on the same server/in the same guild isn't super necessary as it used to be due to all the cross-server stuff, but I added you and you can transfer over whenever.  I'll put you down as druid heals for now.

The whole point of Blizzard games is you play them all Shawn :P  But I totally get it, Overwatch is super addicting.  We'll love to have ya but I know it probably gets frustrating with your internet situation too.

FullMetalSeraph
Member - 1 Year

Yeah I think the only thing I can't participate in is Mythic raiding, but if we get to the point where we are Mythic raiding I should have moved over to the server a long time earlier haha.

Defiantly DH, do we have a set schedule setup yet?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah it would probably really help if we picked one night per week to start out that is "WoW" night for raiding, grouping, etc.  Or maybe even one night per 2 weeks to start.  

For one, I know everyone wants to main a demon hunter but keep in mind we can't have all of our DPS play them.

The first raid won't be out for the first week or two and I don't want to plan out a date and not have the people that wanted that date level up.  I think for the most part we should be looking to a weekend, and remember that what we can't fill with Pax people we can grab through the LFG tool.  Once Legion launches I think we should see who we've got and who is playing and go from there.  Raiding also isn't the only thing there is, as the new Mythic+ dungeons work similarly to Diablo 3 rifts where there's multiple difficulties.  

On top of that 7.1 will introduce a level 110 version of Karazhan that is a mythic 5-man and Blizzard has said it may be a multi-night thing due to the scale, which is awesome.  If you guys didn't play Karazhan when it was current a little background: it's regarded as one of if not the best raid in any MMO.

Also, I recommend after hitting 110 to try to power level the first alt you want on the side.  There's an artifact power catch-up mechanic that will go a lot faster if you hit 110 earlier.

A little off-topic but for those wondering:  there was another post I'm going to reply to as well, but I really don't see Mythic raiding being in the cards for Pax.  It requires at the very least 22 people consistently showing up and giving 110% in and out of raids, not to mention a huge time commitment.   I've ran hardcore raiding guilds since Vanilla and really have little interest in organizing anything on that scale, mainly due to not being able to make said time commitment.  It requires multiple nights a week of raiding with 100% attendance by everyone.

Tiffs/Hugtastic
Officer

I am going have to step out for healing in WoW, My game isn't working right now so I am going assume my computer can't handle the new patch yet,  I haven't the time to actually look and see what is causing the problem, so for now I will not be playing yet

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: