Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gathornann

re: Trainee / New Member Intro

Good morning, Pax-Republicans. My name is Sean, and I am a recent applicant/trainee. My main toon in the guild is a Shaman, going by the name Gathornann. I hail from Charlotte, NC where I was born and raised until I joined the US Navy days after turning 19. Around 2002 I was stationed in Mayport, FL onboard the USS Simpson FFG-56, and later I worked as a Corrections Officer in Yokosuka, Japan (~2007). Around that time I met a guy who got me into WoW and it's been Blizzard ever sense. I leveled my first toon to 70 on Frostmourne with an Australian guild called Zen. That really set my expectations for the game in terms of community and commitment. They were very friendly and group orientated, and took raiding seriously but not to the point where you hated it. After I moved back to the states and left the Navy after 8 solid years, I transferred to the US server Arygos. By this time I had leveled every class to 80 and had experimented with each specialization.

I eventually relocated back to Florida and played WoW up until WoD, when I decided to take a break from WoW and played other Blizzard titles (D3, HotS, HS, OW(soon*)). After reading and reviewing all the changes coming for Legion I am ready to get back into the game and came to Pax Republica because a friend (Healashady) recommended you guys. 

I am currently employed full time in the Healthcare IT field, and am a foster parent along with my wife. We are taking care of two kids at the moment who have been with us for over a year now. I train 2-3 times a week in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and compete under Team Roberto Traven at local/regional tournaments. My dream is to obtain my black belt in the next 10-12 years and open my own BJJ academy.

All this is to say that while I have a lot going on, I usually make time to play and really enjoy the escape and fun the game can bring. I look forward to meeting and getting to know the guild, and playing with you more as I get my Shaman leveled up. 

Please let me know if you guys have any questions for me!

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

You seem like a cool guy!  Welcome!  I'm Shawn, 28 year old ball hockey player living in New Hampshire, in between jobs at the moment :)  Look forward to raiding with you in WoW at some point!

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

You seem like a cool guy!  Welcome!  I'm Shawn, 28 year old ball hockey player living in New Hampshire, in between jobs at the moment :)  Look forward to raiding with you in WoW at some point!

Cheers! How are things up in NH? Florida is starting to heat up again, putting us into the opening stages of the 10 month summer season (apparently Spring and Autumn don't exist here). As I'm a cold-weather guy this depresses me quite a bit... What class do you find yourself gravitating towards in WoW with regard to raiding?

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

NH is great this time of year!!!  I plan to hit the beach pretty soon.

I will be a Paladin, the lore of that class just fits me perfectly, and I will spec tank or DPS, probably tank as it's what I know.  I also will have a holy priest.  You?

Nwahs Nirom wrote:

NH is great this time of year!!!  I plan to hit the beach pretty soon.

I will be a Paladin, the lore of that class just fits me perfectly, and I will spec tank or DPS, probably tank as it's what I know.  I also will have a holy priest.  You?

Shaman is the class for me right now. Their special effects/animations are pretty awesome. Even on live right the Fulmination spell effect of lighting coming down from the sky on the Earth Shock target is pretty cool. I will look into the other classes, like Monk for specific roles like tanking. Brew Master is supposed to be pretty unique with some of the changes coming and how you manage your health.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum