Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Error be made a Peacekeeper?
YES, and that's no Error!!
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
NO. Does not compute.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know him. PC Load Letter.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

re: Congratulations to our newest Peacekeeper Errör!!!

The application submitted by Bontch is as follows:

Quote:

***Please look over this >>>> thread <<<< before starting your application.*** Before we get started, did you read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and do you understand our application/Trial system? (It is mandatory to do so to be accepted!): Yes Age?: 32 Gender: Male Where are you from?: Toronto, Canada What online game(s) do you play?: SWTOR/WoW/FF14 are the 3 major games in the last few years (I tried BDO but coundt get into it)

What is/are your main characters in-game name(s)?: Errör

What class/role/specialization/characters etc. do you focus on (example: Sharpshooter Gunslinger, Holy Priest, sniper in Battlefront, etc.): Guardian, Vigilance What level is your main character at this time?: 10

What interests and activities do you enjoy spending your time on both in and out of game?: In-game
I enjoy most aspects of the game with a focus on on PVP, PVE, and leveling. SWTOR offers the most robust leveling and story system I've encountered in an MMO and I enjoy it every time I play through a class story line. As for the others my primary focus usually leaned towards PVE but with growing time constraints all I could commit to was PVP. At level cap I enjoy grouping with friends and running any content whether it be PVP/PVE/random dungeons/dailies/Scare Bear title etc.

Out of game:
My interests and hobbies have changed dynamically over the last few years. I used to enjoy sports/camping/gaming of course/road trips/general outings. In the last couple yeas I've had 2 kids which has re-focused my hobbies, currently I am trying to teach my daughter (20 months) how to talk/count/swim/eat properly and in general be a good daddy to both my kids. In my spare time I tend to either run errands/clean/nap as we have a 3 month old still keeping us up at night hehe. Outside of being the best daddy I can Im a fairly big IT nerd which absorbs the remainder of my time (work). I work for one of the major banks in Canada and recently moved into a more development/BA role which I'm really enjoying.

How did you hear about Pax Republica?: Forums/Pot5 What was it about Pax Republica that encouraged you to sign up with us, rather than with another guild?: I've read over the forums and experienced the community on Pot5, you guys are a family guild that promotes cross play, good values and above all friendship and loyalty. I am looking for a home to enjoy gaming with friends that are like minded and enjoy slaying pixels and having a good time with friends.

Having the sense of community you provide and promote is paramount in a gaming environment.

Do you consider yourself a hardcore player, casual player, or somewhere in-between?: Hardcore player with a casual playtime. Are you part of any other guilds/clans? If so, whom? It is ok if you are!: Im currently in a Republic guild on Shadowlands with a few characters (Covenant of the Phoenix) which is one of those quantity of quality guilds, looking for a fresh start on Ebon Hawk as I read the Republic PVP scene is much better (basically every regular is a loss on Shadowlands :()

My plan was to transfer over one character so I can get legacy perks/credits but level my Guradian 1-65 so I can grow with my character and enjoy that awesome JK story line.

Have you ever been kicked from a guild for poor conduct, unruly behavior, or inactivity?: Yes, I was removed a couple years ago from Pax due to inactivity when my daughter was born and work was overwhelming Which of the following interests you most?: Story Which of the following interests you second most?: PvP Which of the following interests you third most?: PvE When you've been in a guild a long time, do you usually stay a regular member, or do you end up in/aspire to be in a leadership position?: Regular Member The following questions are to provide you with a quick insight regarding the trial requirements. Do you acknowledge that activity is key to our community and that failure to contribute to the community(every week unless on leave of absence) could result in possible removal from the guild?: Yes Do you promise to act with maturity, friendliness and courtesy towards all Pax Republica Members... and other SWTOR players?: Yes Do you acknowledge that you must complete all the trial requirements given to you by the Pax Republica Officers to become a full member?: Yes True or False: You will re-visit the forums often over the next two weeks as you go through the Trials.: True

Is there anything else you would like to include as to why we should accept you as an applicant to Pax Republica?: I appropriate you taking the time to review my application and if allowed working with me through the trial period. I wanted to add that currently I have limited access to voice chat and playtime. I basically can be online when both kids and wife are sleeping so usually after 830 EST - 11EST; to pile onto that my baby usually sleeps right beside me so I usually cant hop onto voice chat either.

(Unless I get to work from home where I can sneak some game time in :)) Are there any questions about the guild you would like answered?: None at this moment, the website and recruitment resources are very helpful. Once again to ensure you know how things work: "I read the "How to Join PR thread" (linked above), and I understand Pax's application/Trial system, activity rules, etc.": True

Iolo'pax
Officer

Heya Error! I was on last night when Naar invited you. I am glad you followed through with the application. We have only recently lessened our Activity regs, I am pretty confident that if you pass your trials, you will be okay in the new standard.

Congrats on the being a dad as well!! Are you by chance a fan of Hockey?

Iolo'pax wrote:

Heya Error! I was on last night when Naar invited you. I am glad you followed through with the application. We have only recently lessened our Activity regs, I am pretty confident that if you pass your trials, you will be okay in the new standard.

Congrats on the being a dad as well!! Are you by chance a fan of Hockey?

Thanks for the warm welcome, just looking forward to re-connecting with friends (looks like some of the oldies went to the dark side ... WoW) and forging some new ones.

The whole hockey thing is definitely a point up here, I come from a hockey loving family and played it through my whole life and still play casually with friends. If you follow hockey you'll know that the Toronto is just a money making franchise ... personally Im a Detroit fan as my Uncle (great Uncle I guess) played for them back in the original 6 days. At the end of the day Im more of a lets strap on our skates and play then a sit back and watch kinda guy.

Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

Just to update - I updated my profile to reflect my SWTOR name not my login name from Guildlaunch in case there is any confusion with my application name VS the name Im posting under.

Iolo'pax
Officer

Welcome to your trial process for Pax Republica! Let's get started:

During this welcoming period you will have 14 days to complete some tasks that will acclimate you into the guild and help you decide if we are the right guild for you!

Then, there will be three days for guild members to vote on whether or not they believe you should be allowed to join.  Virtually no one gets voted no... usually by then someone that doesn't fit in has already been asked to end their trials.

(If you need your Trial to be extended a couple of days due to a trip, or a serious emergency, etc., please contact an Admin and be sure to let them know when you'll be back.)

If you have any questions during any phase of your trials, a lot of helpful information can be found HERE.

Please post in your thread whenever you complete a task.

Here are your tasks:

Complete √ 1. Update your profile here at Pax Republica with a forum Avatar. ***NOTE***- Your avatar cannot be one of the generic default avatars that GuildLaunch gives you. It should be something unique so that it's easier to associate your name with some kind of image, this allows us to get to know you better.

Complete √ 2. Make an introductory post in the new member intro forum provided below. Please use it as a chance to introduce yourself to the family, as this is a more permanent area for people to get to know you (your own "personal area" on the forums, if you will) than your application thread.

http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=3072000&gid=118791

Complete √ 3. Either your Guild Launch user name should be your "main" character name in SWTOR, or you should link your main character to your GL account, so that when people see your profile name and avatar on the forums, they also see your most often played character in SWTOR so they can learn who you are. Here's how to do the latter:

• Click on your name at the top right of the forums and hit "View Your Profile" in the pull-down menu.
  • See over to the right where it says "Stats"?  Click the link that says "Characters".
  • You may see a list of characters you've created on Guild Launch.  If you have already created a SWTOR character with the name for your most commonly played SWTOR character (your main), go to the next step.  If not... click Add In-Game Info.  Fill out the fields to create your character.   
  • Now that your character is made, go to View Profile.
  • Click sites
  • Click "settings" under Pax Republica
  • Choose your main character and click "Post As".

Complete √ 4. Go over our Charter (our Rules and Regulations document) and be sure to post that you accept it. Please read it carefully BEFORE accepting. Click here for the Charter.

Complete √ 5. Log on to SWTOR and whisper anyone of rank Justicar or above with your in-game name so we can add you to the guild. For a list of our rank structure and names of officers, please Click here.

Complete √ 6. Arrange an interview with an officer. The interview with be conducted in Teamspeak. The interview gives you the chance to meet with an officer and ask any questions you may have regarding your membership in the guild, and they will take the opportunity to get to know you better.

For a complete list of officers you can approach for an interview, Click here. It is YOUR responsibility to post in your trials thread that you need an interview and to let officers know what your schedule is so that they can offer to help you... or you can PM an officer to schedule your interview before Phase 1 is over. Please don't leave this until the last minute.

Complete √ 7. Group with Pax Republica members to complete 3 guild "missions". You must be in Teamspeak during these missions. A single mission is either:

1. Two GSF battles
  2. One Flashpoints
  3. Two Warzones  Complete √
  4. Half a PvE Raid (In other words, one raid attendance counts as two of these "missions")
  5. 30-45minutes of any other in-game activity (questing, etc.) Complete √

(Note: It is up to you to post here the different "missions" you completed and who was in the group(s).) The point of this step is to get in groups with Pax members to get to know them, and for them to get to know you!

► Voting Phase

8. Members will have 3 days to vote on whether you have passed or failed as a member, so sit back and relax!

While you wait to pass your trials, you should check out the entire forums if you haven't already.  If you're a raider, be sure to read all the PvE forums - raiding guidelines, DPS parses, etc.  You should post in the PvE forums a thread saying you're interested in raiding with your time availability, current gear level, class, talent spec, how many datacrons you've collected, if you have companion bonuses, etc. Same thing with PvP or GSF... post in those forums with similar information if you're interested!

This is also a time you can ask around about how to join our Pax Republica Facebook Group and our Pax Republica GroupMe Channels.

Good luck!

Last edited by Iolo'pax on March 21, 2016 12:52 pm; edited 4 times in total

Bonch! Been a while. Welcome back.

Since Raptr was installed.
Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

Thanks for the acceptance, I'll update this thread as I get through the trials.

Hi Blast! Long time ... good to you see you again.

Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

Hi All,

Just wanted to post an update:

1. Completed
  2. Completed - posted an introduction post here http://pax-republica.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=11146374&gid=118791
  3. Completed - I've added my character and updated my GuildLaunch name to match my in game name
  4. Completed
  5. Completed
  6. Pending, I'll touch base with someone in game or reach out on the forums
  7. Completed a few lowbie WZs with lolo and Eo but Ill keep accumulating over the next couple weeks
  8. Pending

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Nice keep it up!

Keep up the great Job, and congrats on being a dad..

Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

More lowbie WZs last night :) TS group interviews at one point this week!

Iolo'pax
Officer

Updated your Progress. If I see you online this weekend, I can do your interview.

Error,

I have entered your application into the voting stage. You need at least 5 votes for acceptance. Any 'No' votes must be offset by 3 yes votes. The 'I don't know' votes don't count as Yes or No. All voting is anonymous. It is not a bad idea to campaign for yourself over the next 3 days. Singing show-tunes, kissing babies, or doing Will Farrell impersonations have all be done with great success in the past.

By the way, there is a secret way  (or not so secret way) to get one free Yes vote, IF you study this post well enough. If you are stumped you may talk to other Peacekeepers, they may choose to reveal it to you. If you ask a Legionnaire or above...be wary of what they have you do. Some of them have degrees in hazing.

Good Luck!

Error, you have successfully completed your trials. You are now a Peacekeeper of Pax Republica!

Welcome!

Thanks all! See you in-game.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Celebrations, Awards and Ceremonies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum