Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dominunoxus
Member - 6 Months

re: Pax Republica WoW intro and planning.

As many of you know and many more will, we now have a Pax Republica guild on Dalaran. It is alliance. Just as a general outline of what we will need for both raids and recruitment I am going to lay out what I think would be a great starting place and give a general information post about WoW and the major complications we as a new group of WoW players will face.

First off, if you don't know me, I am Dom, I have been playing wow for 11 years and SWTOR since it came out and in that time I have run multiple successful wow guilds and a couple of SWTOR ones, and been in the forefront of raiding in almost every expansion. I have done everything from recruiting and raid leading, to being a GM. Now I am new to the Pax, so please don't think I am trying to tell anyone what to do or how to play, this is simply a new to wow guide with a bit of planning in it.

The first thing I think we should focus on is getting a raid team together and progressing. The reason I say this is because WoW, unlike SWTOR has a very different community, one that entices players with progression and gear, instead of intricate story lines, roleplay and incredibly sophisticated single player setup. The WoW community is based more on getting a good raid team going and getting gear. This is the first step to recruitment. Now Pax has a unique place in this atmosphere because it was born elsewhere. Pax is a community of friends working together for the greater good of everyone involved. Now that being said we will of course find amazing players and dedicated ones not interested solely in gear. The whole goal here is to be able to produce a working guild capable of catering to the wants of all wow players involved. To that end I propose that we start to formulate a plan on raiding, PvP and crafting.

WoW raids are flexible until Mythic raiding, Mythic is equivalent to NIM or HM in some cases in SWTOR, although in my opinion, more difficult to achieve due to increased speed of fights and the increase of personal responsibility and the fact that Mythic is a hard set number at 20, so for 7-15 minutes at a time, 20 people have to be perfect at their rotations, the fight mechanics and so on. Anyways, WoW has a number of gearing mechanisms that will help, the first is LFR (Looking for Raid) this is a queue that you as any class or role can join and do ANY of the raids for this expansion, you can also get gear from LFR, Normal, and Heroic in one week as the lockouts are not shared. Flexible raids work in the follow way, you must have a minimum of 10 players to enter. Any of these 10 player raids requires at minimum, 2 Tanks, 2 Healers and 6 DPS, as you increase the number of players, the boss gets more health, deals more damage, and the mechanics become more difficult. The curve is not too steep, but at 13 you will need an additional healer, and more dps to cover the health difference from adding a healer and so forth. For all fights in Warlords of Draenor (excluding world bosses and complicated strategies) 2 tanks will suffice for all fights. As far as dps goes, most fights are hard on melee and easier on ranged, but that is not the case in all fights; however, as a general rule, the more ranged dps, the better.

Unlike SWTOR, wow gear is single piece, no ability to change or improve it, unless you spend Valor to upgrade it, Valor is obtained through doing Mythic Dungeons (Extremely difficult 5 mans) and LFR. It is advisable to save your Valor to upgrade your best in slot items.

Stats - As I am sure you all know, each class has a different set of stats that they need to optimize dps. WoW does not have accuracy or alacrity. If you would like a breakdown of each stat or if you have questions about stat priority I would be happy to answer any questions.

Gear rating is determined by what is known as an Item Level, often referred to as "ilvl". Each piece of gear you get will have an ilvl on it. Your characters ilvl is simply the average of all your individual item levels added together and divided by the number of slots you can wear armor or weapons or trinkets in. I will relay item levels by raid below. WoW, like SWTOR has tier sets, that specifically improve your stats and give bonuses for your abilities. We are currently in Tier 18.

There are 3 raids in Warlords of Draenor.

Highmaul

Blackrock Foundry

Hellfire Citadel

As we are at the end of the expansion, HFC (Hellfire Citadel) is the only one we are concerned with as the others are mostly outdated. These are the gear drops from each raid difficulty.

LFR - 675 - 685

Normal - 690

Heroic - 705

Mythic - 720

WoW also has a legendary ring quest, the legendary ring being one of the most important pieces of gear you can acquire. As soon as you hit 100 if you plan to raid, the ring should be a priority. I will make another post if people would like about the fastest and best ways to obtain the ring, the level 3 shipyard, flying in draenor and anything else.

Finally, getting to 100 is only the first step, once there it is extremely advisable that you make your way to Tanaan Jungle, via a quest so that you can start gathering Baleful items, baleful items are strewn about the ground and drop off of any mob in Tanaan Jungle. They are bound to your account and cannot be traded but when used they will roll an item for your class and spec that is between a 650 and 675 item level. This is the fastest and easiest way to gear up.

As this long wall of text comes to an end, I think it would greatly help if we as a group started posting in here with information, preferably your level, class, specialization and role and if you want to raid or pvp or what. That way we can start to formulate a plan on raiding, pvp and grouping. I will go first.

Dom - Level 100 Rogue (combat), 100 Druid (Resto), 100 Warrior (Protection and Fury), 100 Hunter (Marksman). I can Heal, DPS and Tank, I want to DPS if possibly but I am willing to fill whatever role is needed by the guild. I am interested in raiding and PvP and my in-game names are, Dominunoxus, Dominusnoxus, Döm, and Daedralion.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this and I hope this will help kind of get a direction for us to focus in.

Awarded:

Awesome man!  I appreciate all this info and I look forward to us scheduling WoW raids on our in-game, guild raid calendar starting in April!

Nice Work Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Gilthresa
Member - 1 Year

Gilthresa - 100 priest Holy and Shadow. Did my silver proving grounds for each, for what that's worth.

Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

Nevermind...stupid bad info.

What?

Jump to: