Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errör
Errör
Member - 6 Months

re: Error Introduction

Greetings Paxians!

My name is Error (Bontch and or Garrett whichever hits your fingers first), the name came from banging my head against my keyboard most of my life trying to resolve every kind of IT related error (from code and upwards).

I live in Toronto Canada and much like a lot of my fellow Paxians I work in the IT industry as well. My current role at the bank is business facing IT for the Wealth Management portfolio, specifically Atlantic Trust/US Wealth. I work with our business users to take technology requests from an idea to a reality :)

As mentioned in my application I have two munchkins under two currently so life is a little bit of a handful.

As for gaming, I have been playing primarily MMOs since EQ2 beta days (worked at EB Games/Game Stop then so got free beta keys :)). The majority of my time has been split between WoW and SWTOR though. There were other in between like FF14, D3, WildStar/BDO to try just bouncing around with friends trying to pass the gaming time.

Looking forward to rekindling some old friendships and fording some new ones!

-Garrett (Error/Bontch)

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Nice to meet you Garrett!

-Shawn

Heya Garrett, I am Ian.  I too work in IT, 1D-10T errors were the ones I never liked to handle. hehe. My MMO experience is UO, SWG, STO, and SWTOR.

I enjoy Hockey like you, playing in beer league naturally. I have nothing but respect for the Detroit Franchise.. Toronto... not so much. Honestly the media in the Great White North seemed to bite down on all the Canadian teams no mater if they are winning or losing. I almost think they single-handedly ruined Montreal's season after their hot start. But I haven't met a hockey fan from Canada that I didn't like. I myself am a Pittsburgh Fan.

Welcome to Pax :)

Thanks all :)

Up to recently I have been more technology to technology relationships dealing with user requests vetted by another team and it was all application specific related. My new role is user facing so its definitely an uphill battle at times lol. 99% of the time its a 1D-10T error lol

I agree the media over emphasize everything hockey related ultimitly brain washing fans against teams. It's hard to not be a Penguins fan lol, I've been meaning to make the drive to Detroit to catch a game but always weary of getting stabbed lol. Maybe next time I'm in Penn Ill catch a Penguins game.

Going to a leafs game is out of the question here, its overpriced just to get in the door and you get gouged for everything at the ACC now a days. Its something like $220 for nosebleeds currently and I feel like after the Blue Jays last season even those ticket prices are going to sky-rocket. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Applications and Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum