View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Explain your perfect video game.

So we all know that SWTOR is great but not perfect.  I had an idea for how we can channel our energies more positively... how great would it be to hear from each other on what the perfect video game would be like for you?

I have an idea for a game that would be amazing, and could be a game type that could go with several franchises and such.

What if you had a game like Fallout, like free roaming kind of, or Skyrim... but you are a Jedi.  And you have to go through a good 8 hours of gameplay for your Padawan and Trials.  And then there are RANDOM missions that are given to you to help the galaxy.  I'm thinking basically a full on simulation game of what it would be like to be a jedi, or other classes.  Now I think SWTOR does a great job with this, but I'm thinking even more realism and stuff that probably wouldn't work in an MMO.

This could be great with a military game too.  You are randomly assigned to a unit, you are given random missions and go around the world fighting terrorism or whatever... a Fallout but full military simulation.  That would be cool right?

I always thought the best Star Wars game is a combination of SWG (with JTL) and SWTOR.  SWG was a sandbox that allowed you to build so much and use your imagination.  Lots of ability to customize your character and the crafting system was phenomenal.  JTL was so much like the great space combat of X-Wing and TIE Fighter games.  Open world PvP was promoted.  You could choose your affiliation without regard to class.  The story telling of SWTOR, lots of quests and all the building and populating of the planets sets it apart as well.  Life Day was brought out the first Christmas of SWG and there was a quest line teaching you about Life Day and was an event everyone looked forward to each year.

I think combined they would create the best overall Star Wars experience.  Expansive worlds that are as populated as SWTOR with the vast crafting system and ability to really choose coupled with the SWTOR story telling would be phenomenal.  I can see how the housing system of SWG would create issues, but SWTOR's housing system isn't even really part of the game.  I could see a compromise with LoTRO's housing system that is instanced by neighborhoods.  You could maintain the great features of SWG's housing system (some people created amazing works inside their houses) while keeping the planets relative clean of all the random houses.

Awarded:

Agreed for sure

Awarded:

KotOR

*drop mic*

Dark Forces II on a new engine with the same physics. Republic Commando on the Frostbite engine. And actual Battlefront game on the Frostbite engine that doesn't cost an arm to play.

Since Raptr was installed.
Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

I always said that if they could make an open world MMO with the graphics of a game like Battlefront...with a vast world and quests like Skyrim or Fallout...based in the Star Wars universe...but with combat like the Jedi Knight games...I'd be in heaven. Oh...and it would need a little more of a Sandbox feel like SWG with the economy and player housing.

Awarded:

Kod1ak wrote:

I always said that if they could make an open world MMO with the graphics of a game like Battlefront...with a vast world and quests like Skyrim or Fallout...based in the Star Wars universe...but with combat like the Jedi Knight games...I'd be in heaven. Oh...and it would need a little more of a Sandbox feel like SWG with the economy and player housing.

See that's what I'm talking about, I love that idea... and I want to hear from more people who would combine things from other games!

WTB Holodeck 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> Gaming and Tech All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: