View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Guild Meeting! Sunday Aug 9th, 3pm and 9pm eastern

Let's have a guild meeting at 3pm and 9pm eastern!  Meet on the guild ship and in Teamspeak :)  Officers will have an agenda of items to discuss, member will get time to contribute their ideas to the topics, then the meeting will end with time for an open forum for members and hopefully some bonding time, like we usually do with meetings.

The list of topics planned is as follows:

1. The Trials and Voting on New Members
2. Recruiting
3. Raiding (we'll discuss how we're doing, what can we do to help people, and talk about a new raiding schedule survey that will go out soon to figure out when people can raid in the Fall)
4. PvP
5. Guild ship decorations/expansion, Conquest
6. Guild Bank: expansion, use, etc.
7. Discussion of the Charter and the atmosphere we want as a guild
8. Looking for new officers or Marshals, or Deputies that can help with certain guild tasks!
9. State of the Guild address and personal message from the Consul
10. Prep for Knights of the Fallen:  how to handle story elements and spoilers, leveling buddies, etc.
11. Open time for guildies to express concerns/thank other guildies/bonding time (question:  If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?)

2 meeting times will be provided for people of different time zones and daily schedules.  Both meetings will run the same with the same list of topics, and minutes will be taken for both meetings.

Awarded:

Addition to the Agenda:

Creation of/implementation of an Awards System or at least a Member of the Month/Spotlight Member?

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate the two meeting times and the extra effort on the part of you and the officers in conducting two meetings. 

Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

No problem!

Some people made a few comments in the survey that I'd like to respond to here, though we will talk about them at the guild meeting:

1. You do not have to be on the guild ship during the meeting, in case you want to multi-task

2. Someone said that a suggestion is that we add a PvP channel and  raid channel in Teamspeak.  I don't like other teamspeaks that have tons of channels in them that are empty all the time.  It looks awkward to me.  What you may not know is YOU CAN ACTUALLY create channels whenever you want.  Just right click Teamspeak and create a channel and name it PvP or Team Taco or whatever you want :)

3. We'll talk during the guild meeting about the worry of some people that we have no strategy for pushing content.

Awarded:

ADDITION TO THE GUILD MEETING AGENDA (THIS MAY BE A LONG MEETING!):

12. We need to talk about Star Wars Battlefront!  We need to talk about potentially opening up a new forum website/and or making space on our forums for a full-scale Battlefront guild.  This is my vision:  Pax Republica becomes a multi-gaming guild for SWTOR and Battlefront, and any future Star Wars games.  I believe Star Wars and no-drama is our common thread, it is the selling point we take forward as a gaming organization.  I say we commit to that, start recruiting on whatever Battlefront official forums there might be out there, find ourselves a Battlefront Wing Leader who will kind of be like the Consul of that chapter of the guild, he'll be my right hand person, and we think about what logistical changes we need to make to make that happen.  

i will make it to one of these. Probably 9PM

Lohgan
Kod1ak
Member - 4 Years

I am going to do my best to make one of those times. I am on the road and internet isn't the best. Also, I don't have my headset. I will try to log into TS to listen and I can post any comments or concerns in guild chat.

Awarded:

Great to hear people will be attending!  Just remember if you can't make a meeting, no big deal.  We'll post the minutes, and if you want to input something just PM me and I'll take your criticism/suggestion/whatever!

Awarded:

I'll make it to the first meeting, but i will probably not make it to the late one today.

I am not sure I can make the meeting . I can try the late when but as of right now I will not be home. Have family in so we are going out for the day

Jump to: