Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

re: Nwahs Nirom's Journal

-----Nwahs Nirom's Personal Datapad-----

----Accessing Holo-Journal----

---New Entry: 30th Day of the 7th Month, 10 Years After the Treaty of Coruscant---

Greetings, I am Jedi Padawan Nwahs Nirom. I have been training to be a Jedi for almost 10 years. I chose to join the Jedi after the misguided Sith Empire gave us a sucker punch and razed the Jedi Temple when we were supposed to be negotiating a peace treaty. It has been my hopes to join the Jedi to fight the Sith, capture their Emperor and force their Empire to disband, flee to the Unknown Regions and never return to our galaxy.

My Master, Jedi Shadow Darius Stryker, has informed me that my Jedi Knight trials are fast approaching. He believes in a few short months I'll have reached a high enough level of training, meditation, and inner-awareness that I should be ready to craft my first lightsaber and earn the rank of Jedi Knight. To fully prepare for the trials, he believes I should take some time to reflect on the most significant events of my life and record them in a Datapad Journal. He also says he has had a vision through the Force that it is my destiny to play a major part in this Galactic conflict... that the "peace" we currently enjoy will not last much longer and I will have a significant part to play in the major events of the galaxy. He informs me that it is my destiny to create this Journal, and that millenia from now it will be an invaluable artifact of history for future Jedi.

I will begin by reflecting on the major events of my life that have lead me to becoming one of "the most promising Jedi of our time", according to Master Stryker. Whether this statement is true or just the optimstic appraisal of a student's proud mentor remains to be seen.
----------------------------------------

26th day of the 9th month, almost 14 years before the Sacking and Treaty of Coruscant *1

I was born on Alderaan to Nephets and Nemrac Nirom. *2. I was discovered at birth to be Force-sensitive. I am the first known member of my blood-line to have Jedi potential. I am not, however, the first Nirom to be a warrior; my father was a 4th generation member of the Republic Navy. My father, a respected Non-commissioned officer in the Republic Navy, was very proud that the Jedi were asking to take me to Tython for Jedi training. My mother, however, declined the Jedi's request. She had been a deathstick user for years, and when she was younger she ran into a Jedi in a cantina at an Exchange outpost on Kashyyk. The Jedi mind-tricked her into trying to quit her habit, but when her friends that also used deathsticks asked why she no longer joined them in using the drugs, she realized that it must have been a Jedi mind-trick, and she held great resentment toward the Jedi ever since. Aside from that, the Great Galactic War was going on, with the Battle of Alderaan ravaging our home planet just months before my birth,*3 my mother had no intention of sending me off to be trained from birth to kill others; she had seen the devastation on the planet and the dead bodies from the Holonet reports. Despite my father's objections, he finally conceded to my mother and I was not given over to the Jedi.

Calling on the Force to remember your own birth, or even what your father told you about your birth over 15 years ago, takes more energy than one might expect. I will spend a little time practicing my Saber Forms with my training saber. I will explain the next chapter of my young life in my next report.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Behind the Scenes
-*1: To determine my birthday, I found the wookiepedia page which explains the Galactic Standard Calendar. Unfortunately as Star Wars fans we have no knowledge of what the months were called for Coruscant. I'm not even sure how Star Wars characters would note their dates (would the 9th day of the 10th month be 9/10? 10/9? 9.10? 10.9?) The 26th day of the 9th month should align with November 12... although we also don't know when the "3 holidays" are held on the Coruscant calendar. For the year, I went with a year that makes me 24 (my real age) at the game's launch. So at the sacking I would have been 13 or 14 depending on what time of year (when 9/11 happened I was 13 and almost 14). This date corresponds to the year 3,666 BBY.
-*2: Alderaan relates to up-state New York. Very beautiful with a lot of lakes, woods and mountains.
-*3: We currently have no real knowledge of when the Battle of Alderaan took place, we just know that it happened somewhere between 3,681 BBY when "Return" happened, and 3,653 BBY when "Deceived" happened. I took some artistic license to say that the Battle of Alderaan happens a few months before Nwahs' birth.

Awarded:

---New Entry: 29th Day of the 9th Month, 10 Years ATC---

I have just recently celebrated my birthday of 24 standard years, as much as any Jedi hopeful celebrates. My Master toasted my health and that I do well in the Jedi Trials. It was a time for me to reflect on how I got to where I am. I am less than 29 standard days now from departing Coruscant, leaving the apprenticeship of Master Stryker and arriving on Tython where I will gain a new Master and begin the final preparations for the Jedi Trials.*1 The Festival of Stars is also fast approaching so it seems like a proper time then to review some of the events that lead to this moment. I continue my task of reflecting on my life in preparation for my Jedi Trials, particularly the Trial of the Spirit, or "facing the mirror". I am not sure what that test will bring, but I intend to be ready for it.

13-9 years BTC

Despite the resentment my father held for my mother for sometime for not agreeing to allow me to join the Jedi Order, they moved on and soon experienced the joy of raising their first child together. I was a fairly easy baby to raise, as my father tells me, anyway.

When I was only one standard year old, my father was given a new assignment to provide logistics support to a Republic outpost on the ice-world of Hoth*2. My mother and father had both grown up in the northern forests of Kashyyk*3 in one of the many Exchange outposts there, so they were used to frigid cold, although they had no way of being ready for the bitterness of Hoth.

We had a great shelter and I have very distant memories of it, but from what I remember I enjoyed the planet. There were always interesting creatures to see and I enjoyed playing in the snow. I remember learning to ride Tauntauns and building snow fortresses outside our homestead. I even remember a scary moment when a wild Wampa roamed through our back yard!*4 I grew an affinity and love for technology, playing with my father's gadgets and military equipment, as well as some digital games he taught me how to play.*5

When I was 4 and half standard years old, my sister, Chantellia Nirom was born. I was pretty upset at first with the prospect of sharing my parents' attention. There was even a moment when my father was holo-recording me playing outside our shelter one day. I looked right into the camera and said "I hate you Daddy"*6. Once she was born, however, I really grew fond of the little wamp-rat.

8 years BTC

Only months after my sister was born, my father was again reassigned. Our next home would not be as peaceful and fun as Hoth. This time, we relocated to the awful place, infested with drugs, crime bosses and pollution, known as Nar Shaddaa*7.

My stay here didn't last long. My mother became tired of all the constant moving, and couldn't handle the military lifestyle. She was always worrying about my father's safety, especially with the War going on. The dangerous atmosphere of Nar Shaddaa made her especially miss her home and her family living on Kashyyyk. My parents divorced, and my mother gained custody of my sister and I, and we moved to Kashyyyk to live with my grandparents.

8-5 years BTC

I began much of my schooling at this time. Due to the recent divorce, and the absence of my father, my Force powers began manifesting themselves when I was angry or scared. I had a tough time getting along with other children and there were some instances when I had, in some anger, on accident, released Force energy. At that age and low level of control, the Force pulses were barely enough to push books and data recorders off desks, and it was so small that people couldn't even link the events to me, and teachers were left wondering who in the class was playing Jedi tricks. I found myself angry often, but I did manage to make a few friends. More than anything, I focused on my school work and played digital games, as well as took care of my sister, as my mother had returned to using Death Sticks and other drugs.

One day when I had made it home from school, my mother was not home. She had been dating a shady off-world trader, and she was in the hospital after being beaten. Local authorities found out and were ready to take my sister and I away from my mother because the environment was unsafe. She was given the choice to keep the kids and press charges against the trader, but she refused, saying she loved the man, and it was now our father's turn to take custody. Off we were sent, back to Nar Shaddaa to live with our father.

5-1 years BTC

When we returned to Nar Shaddaa, we found that my father had remarried to his long time friend Joanna Darklighter. My father and mother were friends with Joanna and her husband, and she had a son, Derrick*8, only a standard month before my parents had me. We were friends ever since we were born, but I hadn't seen him since I was very little. The fact that we were now step-brothers was really exciting.

For the first few years, we were a large happy family. I began more advanced schooling and was starting to grow up and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. My Force powers were also growing stronger, and when I was 10 standard years old I managed to train myself to be able to lift small objects and move them around my room. I told my father and he was quite proud, and tried to help me learn to control the powers, but he didn't really know how. He explained to me how I was the first Nirom in our blood line to have Force Sensitivity.

Some of my fondest memories were learning to play a childhood version of Huttball*9 with Derrick and other friends, where instead of trying to physically destroy your opponent, you simply tackle your opponent to keep him from advancing the ball. I was naturally talented at it, especially catching the ball and avoiding being tackled. I started dreaming of becoming a professional Huttball player on Nar Shaddaa, despite how dangerous I knew the sport to be.

As I grew to learn more about my father and the dangerous career he lead during the War, I also began to grow a desire to be a Starfighter pilot. He had begun teaching me how to pilot smaller transports when I was just 9 years old, and by the time I was 11 he was helping me to learn how to fly our personal Corvette cruiser in space. I wanted to be a brave warrior like him and the other Republic Pilots I had met that served with him. I had many models of Republic fighters and other spacecraft adorning the walls of my room.

There was certainly still residual anger left over from my mother choosing to give us away that I wasn't old enough to deal with yet. This seed was planted that would nearly bring me to the Dark Side during my Jedi training some years later.

Eventually, my father and step-mother unfortunately divorced when I was 12, about one year before the Sacking of Coruscant would take place. Joanna and Derrick moved back to Kashyyk where their family was, and my father, myself, and my sister remained on Nar Shadaa.

The Sacking of Coruscant

I was almost 14 standard years on that fateful day. Despite the fighting that had been going on much of my life, and even living many of my years on the dangerous world of Nar Shaddaa, I had always felt safe, especially in the Core of the Republic. I felt that we were untouchable, and the Sith Empire could never actually pose a real threat to our safety within the Core.

Everything changed. The Sith hijacked a local Republic shuttle and crashed into one of the most iconic buildings of the infinite Coruscant skyline. The city was attacked and many innocent lives were lost.*10

My father brought me with him on a routine trip to Coruscant. We were supposed to be there for a standard week, gathering supplies and receiving intel and orders from his superiors in the Republic Navy. I would stay in our high-rise hotel room while he worked, and I would do coursework and relax. Master Stryker would one day tell me "It was no coincidence that you were on planet that day... nothing happens by accident."

When the attack happened, my father was meeting with his squadron, and I was in the hotel room. I could see the Jedi Temple from my window. I was admiring the activity and hustle of the city. Despite the thousands of transports flying around the city at the time, I managed to see this personnel transport flying low. As an up and coming pilot, I knew something was wrong. Perhaps the pilot was unconscious, or distracted? He was flying right for the Temple. I saw the crash and then saw the Imperial fighters begin their invasion of the city.

Now that I had begun cultivating my Force powers slowly, I had always wondered what it would have been like to be a Jedi. I spent much of my free time studying their culture and what it meant to be a Jedi, especially a young Padawan, since I related to them by age and was always jealous when I would see Holonet reports of young Padawans going on grand adventures with their Masters and even playing crucial parts in some of the battles of the War. So when I saw the plane crash into the Temple, my first thought was to fear for the children living there. Adrenaline ran through me, and I realized I couldn't just stay where I was, despite my father's wishes via comlink. I (foolishly) decided to leave the apartment and run to the Jedi Temple, unarmed, and find some way to help. Perhaps by the time I got to the Temple the fighting would be over, and I could provide first aid to the wounded?

On my way to the Temple, only a few blocks away from the hotel, I was running recklessly through the city streets and trying to take a shortcut through a dark alley. I turned the corner and bumped into a Sith soldier. He and his platoon had landed not long before and were establishing an outpost. They captured me, and I began herding me toward a makeshift Sith detention/prisoner camp that they had begun.

Thankfully, the Force also found it in my favor to have Gaiutus Baltar and Gryffon Etheras rescue me as they were helping the Younglings flee the temple. The rest of the tale of their rescue of me, and how I joined up with them to help the Younglings flee, is told in the story of "Pax, Et Aternum", which tells the story of how the para-military organization, under the direction of Supereme Chancellor Janarus and Jedi Knight Gaiutus Baltar, was founded.

After Gaiutus and Gryffon found me, they perceived in me great power and a great future as a Jedi, and asked if I'd like to be trained. I agreed, told my father after the battle, and he couldn't have been prouder.

The Sacking of Coruscant changed my life. At first I wanted vengeance on the Sith. I later learned not to harbor those dark feelings, but still, I wanted to fight for the Republic, use my talents to serve the Light Side, and protect all Republic planets as well as innocent lives in the entire galaxy from the oppression and terrorism of the Sith*11. I went back to Nar Shadaa with my father, began packing some essential items, saying my good byes, and waited for my new Jedi Master come and take me away to begin my training.

Jedi Shadow Darius Stryker was assigned to train me. He informed me that normally, we would go to the Temple to begin living there. Due to the attack on the Temple, however, the Jedi were relocating to Tython, but Styrker and I were being sent to Tatooine to ensure stability in the region now that the Empire and Republic had signed the Treaty and there would be less Republic military presence in the outer-rim. And so, with a last farewell to my father and sister, I boarded Master Stryker's Defender starship, broke through the atmosphere of dreaded Nar Shadaa, and entered hyperspace, the streaks of starlight flying past us, much like my old life was at the same time.

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------
Behind the Scenes
*1 Less than 29 days until the game starts and that's how the JK class story starts!
*2 I was born in Up-State New York (Alderaan) and not long after my Dad was stationed to Alaska (Hoth) where my sister was born.
*3 Maine. Maine is like 95% covered with forests or some insane number like that if I remember right from elementary school, which reminds me of Kashyyk or Endor whenever I go there to see family. Plus a running joke among people from Boston or New Hampshire is that most women in Maine look like Wookies.
*4 One memory I have of Alaska was a massive moose just walking through our backyard like it owned the place, lol.
*5 My Dad and I played the original NES together and I loved electronic toys of all kinds.
*6 That really happened lol
*7 New Jersey. I hate that State and everything about it. It's overpopulated, polluted, and people are generally not as nice or tolerant as many other places.
*8 My Dad did remarry to a Jo-Ann Douglass and my step-brother was Derek Douglass. I'm going to create a Smuggler named Derrick Darklighter for an alt. :D
*9 I did start playing football in New Jersey (Nar Shadaa) and was naturally good at it, compared to other sports.
*10 Almost creepy how much the events of "Deceived" mirror the events of 9/11, especially since this game is coming out 10 years after 9/11, and the game is set 10 years after the Treaty of Coruscant.
*11 That's how I felt after 9/11, towards Al-Qaeda. I wanted to join the military to do my part.
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Things are going to get pretty for me so I may not finish this before SWTOR release as much as I want to.

The basic gist of things is that Nwahs spends most of his teenage years on Tatooine under the tutelage of Stryker (a Knight, will become a Master upon Nwahs' graduation from the Trials). His Master is a Shadow, skilled with a saber-staff and keen in the art of Force Deception and stealth. Stryker tries to teach these ways to Nwahs but they don't take, and Nwahs finds he is more adept to the defensive techniques of the Ataru form and single-saber dueling.

He continues to train his piloting skills and still dreams of shooting down Sith starfighter pilots. He continues to battle with his inner conflict of wanting to do good, protecting the innocent, and wanting vengeance on the evil ones that attacked the Jedi Temple that he never got to call home.

He matures over time, and learns how to deal with his anger, especially towards his mother. He realizes his Force strengths lean toward sensing and understanding the emotions and motivations of others, as well as Battle Meditation (using the Force to motivate and inspire his comrades on the battlefield, willing them on despite overwhelming odds and synchronizing allies battle patterns and movements to achieve victory).

He and Stryker also play Huttball every so often to train their reflexes and warrior spirit, and Nwahs find he's a natural.

He is best friends with a Smuggler named Derrick Darklighter. There is also a cousin: Sergeant Stryker Onasi (no relation to Darius Stryker, but a descendant of famous war hero, Carth Onasi).

He keeps in touch with Gaiutus throughout his years of training, and impresses him enough, especially with his leadership, dueling skill, battle knowledge and empathy for others, that Gaiutus has Nwahs in mind to lead the Jedi Knights of Pax Republica, as soon as Nwahs passes the Trials.

He meets many great Republic Freedom Fighters along the way, including Tarish Astran, Captain Bubbles (he helps recruit her into fighting for the Republic, and eventually nominating her to lead the Smugglers of PR), Combat Medic Tim, Unbarring Tomb, Arkos Ladar, Nabetse Zaid, and ObiBen.

At 17 years old, Nwahs and Stryker leave Tatooine and begin training on Coruscant. Nwahs begins to advance his studies into diplomacy, ethics, psychology, and learning about the galaxy, planets, species, weaponry and all alien technologies and vehicles by studying in the vast libraries and archives on Coruscant.

A day finally comes, just after Nwahs 24th birthday, a little more than 2 standard months after the 10th anniversary of the attack on the Temple, that Darius Stryker finally tells Nwahs that there is nothing more he can learn from him, and that he is being sent to Tython to begin his Trials and meet his new Master that will help him through the Trials.

P.S. Nwahs also loves playing Pazaak!

Awarded:

---New Entry: 1st Day of the 10th Month, 10 Years ATC---

The days are crawling slower and slower as my Trials approach. It seems to be a test in itself as I use all my Jedi training to contain my excitement and wait for the day to come.

As I wait, I've been honing my saber skills, meditating, and exploring a holocron that Master Stryker has given me to study. It's from the legendary Jedi named Revan, who saved the galaxy from Darth Malak over 300 years ago. I wanted to share my favorite excerpt from his Holocron so far.

"The Jedi Order opposed emotional attachments, believing they were a stepping-stone to destruction. They taught that love begat jealousy, which led to the dark side. But I have seen its redemptive powers firsthand. It was my love that had brought Bastila, my wife, back to the light; our emotional bond had wrought salvation for both of us.

Denying or attempting to utterly control emotion, I feel, is a fool's game. Jealousy is actually the result of ill-prepared Jedi being overwhelmed by feelings they have never learned to face. I believe Jedi could be taught to use positive emotions like love and happiness to strengthen their connection to the Force in the same way that hatred and anger gave power to those who followed the dark side."

When I came across this teaching, delivered by Revan's holographic form recorded on the Holocron, I was awe-struck. I had these same theories about the Force ever since I was starting to learn the ways of the Jedi, and being taught the temptations of even a positive emotion like love. I remember questioning Master Stryker that day about it. I completely agree that it seems the Force itself is powered by love and we Jedi should not deny ourselves those emotions, and doing so is only avoiding the challenge and threat of the darker emotions that can come from love. It's like running from the fight rather than facing it head on.

My convictions about this subject were strengthened ten-fold when I met a woman by the name of Aubrelyn Solaris. As mentioned previously, I've spent the last five years studying and training on Coruscant, studying in the vast libraries and practicing my saber techniques with Master Stryker in the training room of our high-rise Coruscant apartment. Aubrelyn is a Jedi Padawan also about to take her trials, almost the same age as I. We met on Coruscant on a training mission where our Masters put us together. As soon as we started working together, we realized there was something almost magical about the bond we shared. After some one-on-one talks for over Corellian ale, we realized how much we had in common: our desires to save the galaxy from the oppression of the Sith, our love of the thrill of star-fighter combat or just the simple serenity of flying through the peaceful quiet of space or over beautiful landscapes on distant worlds. We had similar interests, goals, and ways of seeing other people, the galaxy, ourselves, each other, and the Force. We fell in love and began dating, and I could physically feel myself stronger in the Force, empowered by her love, as if our love was almost like a new energy source within me. Stryker noticed that I was almost twice as powerful and skilled in saber combat, and my reflexes and decision making skills were extremely improved. I admitted to him why, and he approved of our relationship, and admitted that he has always secretly believed what I believed about love and attachment, but never wanted to openly disagree with the Council's teachings.

I have the greatest hopes and desires of marrying Aubrelyn someday. However, a few months ago we decided to go separate ways and end our relationship as we began the last stages of our intense training for the trials. We also had a vague, but powerful shared Force vision one night that soon this Cold War would end and a new war would begin, and we realized that at this time, we had to devote ourselves to our Jedi vows and not each other. When we went our different ways, however, she gave me a lock of her golden hair, that I keep with me at all times. Everyday I train and prepare to fight with the hopes that she is the who I am fighting for, that a future with her, living in peace and raising a family, is the future that I must fight to create.

--------------------------

Awarded:

bump for Branch

Awarded:

That is one indepth RP!

wow.....um.....

i mean just wow

Awarded:

Congrats Shawn, the sheer size of it leaves a woman speechless!

ew!

But, /soul's right. I am speechless

Awarded:

Bravo!

Soulless
/soul
Member - 4 Years

Awarded:

/bows 

glad to have totally destroyed Shawn's RP thread with my inappropriate humor.

Awarded:

;)

Seriously, this was amazing. You should consider going some SW fan fiction, you would be good at it.

Awarded:

Really?  Wow thanks!  That means a lot from someone who is new and doesn't know me.  I actually was a big writer in high school, but I don't really write anymore except RP stuff.  

I really need to update this journal!

Jump to: