Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiavi Vesira
Veteran

re: The Vesira Legacy

The Vesira Legacy!

So it starts with three sisters. Kiavi (Damned server mergers had to change her to Kievi), Ixani and Keivi. All three were born to a couple, who were smugglers by trade. Ixani being the eldest, followed by Kiavi and Keivi.

The three travelled around with their smuggling parents during their childhood until a series of fateful events. After being tracked during a run deep through Imperial space, they were jumped by a Sith led Imperial patrol once they reached their destination, a small space station in the Dromund system, not too far from the Imperial capital world of Dromund Kaas. Little did they know that the station, which was the main hub from smuggled goods, and other black market operations, recently came under control of an Imperial Agent who had been posing as a crime lord.

The station was boarded, and a large firefight broke out. The various scoundrels, bounty hunters, and other riffraff put up a valiant fight. Many of them gave their lives trying to protect the station, their ships, and their various cargos. The Vesira girl's parents were among those lost. The three girls, having grown up in many places like this one, knew their way around, and were able to make it back to their parents ship. Unfortunatly for them, the Sith who was leading the taskforce was waiting for them. Little did they know at the time, two of them, Ixani, the eldest, and Kiavi, the middle child, were extremely force sensitive. Sensing their potential, he had searched them out during the fighting, and now...he had them. The three girls fought for their lives, and managed to do well, despite their opponent being a Sith Lord.

But it was a fight, doomed to fail. Ixani, being the eldest sister, decided to give herself up, in the process leaving an opportunity for Kiavi and Keivi to escape. Hearts pounding, adrenaline pumping, fueled by the fear of the Sith chasing them, they managed to launch their parents ship, and plot a jump to get them out of the system. Kiavi, having learned the basics of piloting the craft from her Father, got them headed on a course back towards Coreilla, their home system. They unfortunatly never made it. The Sith had mobilized more ships, to chase the fleeing vessels, and they had a few Imperial vessels hot on their tails. They only made it to their course correction at Nar Shaddaa before they were caught up too. It wasn't looking good.

Fortunatly, the Empire wasn't able to mobilize that many vessels without the Republic picking up on it. Not only were there Imperial vessels waiting at Nar Shaddaa, there was a Republic task force as well. The Task force, led by none other than Grandmaster Satelle Shan herself, were able to easily beat back the Imperials, and rescue the girls and their ship. They were taken in, and spoke to the Grandmaster, and she quickly recognized Kiavi's force ability, and she quickly opted to try and become a Jedi.

Keivi, having only the slightest of force sensitivity, unfortunatly wasn't able to follow. She stayed on Tython for a few years with her sister. But the Jedi way, and teachings weren't her ideal way, especially not being a Jedi herself, so she left as soon as she was old enough to support herself. In the beginning she took to smuggling, working with friends of her parents. But she begin to find that she had,...a slightly different skill set than her parents. This, plus her need for some vengence, led her to the dark, dirty trade of Bounty Hunting.

Now,...lets back track a little bit. Ixani,...hadn't been killed, back on that space station. The Sith Lord too her back to Korriban, as a slave. Having to fight to survive, and being around the other force users, she ended up getting an opportunity to become a Sith...and so she did.

...More of their story to come soon. ;)

Awarded:

Nice work, I like the way you bridged the Imperial character and tied together a force sensitive and a non force user on the Republic side.

Satiata
Member - 5 Years

I love it :D

Asuka'Raein - Sage
Nwahs
Officer

Awarded:

Yeah, that is a GREAT backstory!

The cool thing is you show you really know your Star Wars... little stuff like "only made it to their course correction at Nar Shadaa", we often forget you almost never take a straight line shot in hyperspace to where you're going! That was cool man Happy

Very very cool man.

"The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule" -Albert Einstein
Kiavi Vesira
Veteran

The durasteel door infront of her hissed open, nearly silent. She quickly stepped into the room, it's walls and décor were the simple beige hues found in the rest of the Jedi Temple on Tython. Her heart sank as soon as she noticed the shelves and tables were devoid of any personal effects. Every trace of someone living in the quarters seemed gone, except one. Following the only sound she could hear, she ended up in the bedroom, finding her younger sister, Keivi, packing what was left of her clothes.
“You're really leaving. You always talked about it, but I never thought you actually would.” Kiavi tried to keep her voice sounding calm, and was only slightly successful.
“Yeah, I am, Kia. Figures you didn't take me seriously.” The younger girl finished stuffing her bag, and zipped it closed. “I can't stay here anymore. I just can't do it. I'm not a Jedi. I won't ever be a Jedi. The Order does a lot of good, but it isn't really the place for a someone like me to make a life. Or a career. You're not gonna change my mind on this one.”
She was right, she could sense it. Her younger sisters confidence and determination were blazing as brightly as ever. “What about the meeting you had? With the Masters? What did they say?”
“They agreed with me. I'm force sensitive, but not like you are. The most I'll ever get from it is an instinct, at best.” Keivi put on a serene face, and leveled a gaze at her sister, “This is where our paths separate, my dear sister. You have begun down a path, that I cannot follow.” Keivi's face twisted into a smirk, and she stuck her tongue out. “Or something like that. I don't remember how exactly Master Shan told me to word it.”
Kiavi sighed, taking the only seat in the room. “So, what are you going to do then?” She was trying to come to terms with this, but ultimately was failing. Keivi was the only family she had left, and she was her younger sister, she was supposed to look after her, keep her safe, and she couldn't think of anywhere safer for her than surrounded by Jedi.
“Remember our Aunt? I already talked to her on the HoloNet, I'm going to go help her on her ship.”
“And do what? Isn't she a smuggler? You can't go back to that, Keivi. Look what happened to our parents! We got extremely lucky, the Jedi taking us in, and you want to just, jump back into that?”
“I'm not going to stay hidden away, deep in the bowels of a fortress. What do you want me to do? Let you have all the fun running around the galaxy? No. I'm going to help the galaxy in whatever way I can. And right now, thats the best shot I have.” Keivi hoisted the packed back up, and slid it's sling over her shoulder. “Besides, I'm sure the Force will have us working together once you get picked up by a Master, and get to leave planet.” She flashed her worried sister a smile, and gave her a gentle pat on the shoulder as she left the bedroom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiavi opened her eyes, to be greeted with darkness. She closed them for a moment longer, as she begun opening herself to the Force as she started a breathing exercise that was supposed to clear the mind, and relax the body. It wasn't working. The empty pit in her stomach that accompanied that dream persistently remained. All she could do was lie in her bed, and let the familiar hum of her starship bring her back to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More to come!...when I get inspired again. >P

Jump to: