Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pressian

re: Joining the Dark Side out of Necessity (just for fun)

How do we know that all who can use the Force are evil when they turn to the Dark Side for their answers? The truth is, not all Dark Jedi are evil.

I was accepted into the Jedi Academy to learn how to manifest my Force-sensitivity. For several years, I tried to get as much as I could from the Jedi Masters. I was announced as a Padawan at age 17 after having to go through a set of Jedi trials. I had memorized the Jedi code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

At age 17, I immediately began to question these words. How could I be a defender of the light and have no emotion? To be a Jedi, as powerful as they may seem, was a worthless achievement.

I quickly lost patience for the Jedi Order and the Jedi Masters were worried for my emotions. They threatened to exile me from the Order. For several years, I roamed about the galaxy as a wanderer would - there was little trouble and taking care of criminals was easy. I was warned to avoid walking among the sands of Korriban as much as possible. Eventually I did go to seek answers from the Sith and learn more about them.

My curiosity did not end there. As a landed on the sands, the temples of the ancient Sith lords stood before me. The place looked dead. There were deceased Sith and Korriban's dark-side tainted creatures. I did not seem to fear the dark side, as I felt it run through me as I walked through the abandoned examination site.

A Sith acadamy, which seemed to be abandoned lied among the northern end of the valley, the entrance hidden between a small rock crevice (KOTOR 2 revisit). I didn't know if I should have gone in or just left the planet entirely, but my emotions took full control of me. I wanted to know the secrets - it was no longer need. In my mind I thought that this will only make me a better and more rounded Jedi, I would never join the Sith.

Having entered, I explored and I found things typical to a Sith academy like open dorms, subject to night-time betrayal and a few red lightsaber crystals. I could not access any information, everything was locked up and secured against those who did not have a command of the Dark Side. I thought perhaps I could revisit this place later and ask some of the masters back at the Jedi Acadamy about the Sith and learn more.

Suddenly, upon leaving, there was a black-robed man standing at the entrance from where I came from (kind of like Darth Sion from KOTOR 2 tongue out ). His black hood was over his head and he walked slowly towards me.

"You should not have come here, this place is not for your kind, Jedi."

I was speechless, but I find it peculiar that I did not fear the black robed man.

"Are you an adept of the Sith?" I asked with a welcoming tone.

"What I am does not matter, boy. What you must know is that there is no point in seeking answers about the Sith or even the Dark Side. You will find none. You would be wise to leave quickly," he said with grand wisdom.

I admired everything that he said and everything I could feel through the Force.

"I can feel your curiosity, boy. You don't want to destroy the Sith, which is a little of a surprise to me. Most Jedi believe the Sith are pure evil and deserve nothing. Most Jedi simply take what the Jedi Order tells them of the Sith and nothing more. You... are different."

"I'm not here to destroy the Sith, I never had that intention, regardless of what the Jedi Order kept telling me. I just wanted to know as much as I can about the Dark Side. I thought it would make me a better Jedi."

"You have questions, and I will answer them to the best of my ability. Surely the ones you ask today are not everything you wish to know, so I will remain here at the Sith academy."

"Could you teach me a few basics about a few dark-side lightsaber tactics?"

He drew a blood-red saber. The hilt was black and had smooth edges as a fine gem would. "We will start with melee combat for today. Next time you find trouble in the galaxy, try to use these techniques I am going to show you, and, with time, you will learn the dark-side lightsaber techniques." His tone was chilling, yet pleasing to hear.

He took off his hood. He looked like a Jedi Master - an old, slightly creased face, one who has seen pain. The dark taint that ran through him was not one of evil, but of passion. He had grey hair, and a solid sharply defined face, even for one who is old. For several hours he showed me certain techniques. I held my weapon with one hand, as opposed to both hands. The movements were tense and unexpected. It was defensive and yet remained to be brutally offensive.

I knew from this point I could not return to the Jedi Academy, for fear I would be exiled.

(To be continued)
Davi Jones

Very cool XD

Awesome!
Pressian

As much as I'm going to play Republic, I'm really into the mysteries of the Dark Side... if we ever do a Sith guild I'm going Sorcerer. :D
Pressian

Continuing...

He told me his name is Darth Plutonis. He told me he has been a Sith master to several students and was once a Jedi. He wanted me to know that he didn't fall to the Dark Side for power and to achieve his goals by inflicting harm to others. He joined the Sith out of necessity - to learn command of the dark side and put it to good use.

Although he had several students, only a few of them tried to betray and kill him, which is a typical Sith behavior. The others went off and forged their own destinies, using their dark power to achieve goals of virtue rather than straight up passion. In a sense, I felt that a select few Sith such as Darth Plutonis were Jedi, just not part of the Jedi Order and not restricted in what powers they use to go about doing various things.

After several weeks of lightsaber training and Force training, I felt that it was no longer a Master to Apprentice relationship, but more of a Friend to Friend relationship. He told me what he thought about Darth Revan, when he ruled as Dark Lord of the Sith. He told me about how Darth Revan led a war alongside with the Republic using the Dark Side of the Force to defeat the Mandalorians. He was a hero to the Republic, and he had full command of the Sith Empire. The Republic had peace and would have had peace for many, many years, since the Empire was held from attacking the Republic. It would be safe to say that Darth Revan became the Sith Lord out of necessity (Darth Traya/Kreia mentions this in KOTOR 2).

I walked through Coruscant one day and found four Jedi surrounding me and glaring at me. I tried to avoid them but one of them yelled, "Stop. We know what you have been doing behind the Order's back. Come with us."

"I didn't ... If you are going to exile me, then so be it. I ask that you do not punish me for I have done nothing to harm the Republic or the Jedi Order and I promise you now that I never will bring harm to them," I emphasized. I tried to keep a friendly tone without making myself look meager.

"You are a threat to us and the Republic. If you do not come with us and face justice, then we will take you by force," one Jedi said.

"You know that is not the Jedi way. I will not let you imprison me and punish me for something I have not done. That is illegal under the Republic's Galactic Constitution," I said darkly, preparing for whatever violence they plan to throw at me. "I wish peace, friends, and I will give you peace for as long as I live."

"He won't succumb. Do what the masters told us to do," another Jedi said with an emotion filled desire to kill me. The four Jedi all drew out lightsabers. They did so like Sith assassins would. One of them had a double-bladed blue saber, another had a single bladed blue saber. The other two had single bladed green sabers. They stepped closer to me. I drew out two scarlet-red lightsabers, and held them like Darth Plutonis showed me.

"You four are no Jedi. You will try to kill me, but fail miserably," I declared with anger and fury.

To be continued...
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: