Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pax Republica Forum Index -> RP and Character Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Lord Marvel

re: Writers' Outline - Plotline

So Astral, you are now the only writer that left on the battlefield ;) :D

AstralProjection

Updated, as I re-read the piece. Moved things slightly in the beginning, minimal difference.

Right now we're at 118 pages and 72,350 words or so o_0 Estimated 200 pages by the time I'm done. They're MS word pages with normal spacing so it's really not that bad of a read, but still. Just waiting on my next trooper part so I can go nuts...I've already been arranging that my weeknights are going to be spent writing until this is done.

In the meantime, I'm proofreading the $&*#&(@& out of what I have so I don't have to do it when I finish the other stuff.

AstralProjection wrote:
Updated, as I re-read the piece. Moved things slightly in the beginning, minimal difference.

Right now we're at 118 pages and 72,350 words or so o_0 Estimated 200 pages by the time I'm done. They're MS word pages with normal spacing so it's really not that bad of a read, but still. Just waiting on my next trooper part so I can go nuts...I've already been arranging that my weeknights are going to be spent writing until this is done.

In the meantime, I'm proofreading the $&*#&(@& out of what I have so I don't have to do it when I finish the other stuff.

What a trooper (knight?). If you're feeling overwhelmed I could take a stab at it again. Happy
Durstalph

Keep up the good work Astral!

I'm sorry I haven't really been all that helpful to the project overall, personal issues sucked me down a deep dark hole lately. Anyway, do you have a manuscript with all the chapters in order? I know you sent me an earlier copy, but could you send me the most up to date version? I'd love to read everything we have so far. My email hasn't changed, if you don't still have it send me a pm and I'll send it back to you.

P.S. - I love the way you portray my character Dash, I'm happy I got to be in this endeavor.

Durstalph wrote:
Keep up the good work Astral!

I'm sorry I haven't really been all that helpful to the project overall, personal issues sucked me down a deep dark hole lately. Anyway, do you have a manuscript with all the chapters in order? I know you sent me an earlier copy, but could you send me the most up to date version? I'd love to read everything we have so far. My email hasn't changed, if you don't still have it send me a pm and I'll send it back to you.

P.S. - I love the way you portray my character Dash, I'm happy I got to be in this endeavor.

Thanks, that means a lot! The hardest part of all this for me has been writing with characters that already exist, and hoping that I capture what you all wanted out of them. Sometimes I do have to put in corny lines individuals may or may not say just to move things along. My biggest concern is not getting everyone an even share of action/dialogue. I really am trying to do that.

Even harder than that has been trying to make sure all the characters don't start to think too much like me because I'm writing for all of them. Tarith's supposed to be intellectual, but some folks might not want to come off as nerdy as I often word things, so I'm trying to fight off my urge to get too thoughtful or deep with some of the characters. It helps that Alkhet and Kurik are thoughtful types like Astral, too, though I'm making Alkhet come off as a bit older and more serious hopefully., and trying to give Kevin's character that underworld flair.

I'll be happy to send what I have now to anyone who wants to re-read it as a unit. Now I just have to turn back into a writing machine like I was a few months ago! Working on it ; )

Quote:
he hardest part of all this for me has been writing with characters that already exist, and hoping that I capture what you all wanted out of them.
(...)
Even harder than that has been trying to make sure all the characters don't start to think too much like me because I'm writing for all of them.

Everything you do will be nice :D
Always you can ask "What you'll do in that situation?" :D It my little help.
I wish good luck with writing! You can do this :D

=============
Beware! Crazy user inside!
Other nickname: Finek
AstralProjection

Updated the Timeline. Still trying to have this thing done for next weekend. When this is all over I need a paid LOA ; ) Kidding of course. I won't be writing for a while though, sustained bursts of creativity are exhausting!

Where we're at -

Just to let everyone know - my laptop has been "disabled" by the kiddies stepping on it. New screen supposedly is getting here today according to tracking so I'll be back in writing mode again very shortly.

With the sadness of the whole Kevin betrayal whatchamacallit, I'll be doing extra work to erase his existence from the story /sadface, but it sounds like he deserves it, that's a pretty nasty and unnecessary lie to tell a bunch of people who all really liked him beforehand.

I had the luxury of getting rid of Joker's character without writing him out, and he was really one of the more colorful characters in the story so it was hard to pull him when I could have him rubbed out and not lose the color - and show some more losses on our side. This time though, that will not be possible.

On that note - I talked it over with Damek, and we've chosen Markis D. Thatch to take over the Smuggler spot as narrator - he's a Mirialan, so there won't be tons of rewrite required - still trying to decide how I'm handling the smuggler intro where Kurik introduces himself but I'll work with Markis to iron out those details.

I will also be altering the story slightly, since Gai has chosen to be a Zabrak now, I believe. Hopefully not too much rewriting required there.

I still have two parts almost complete that I hope to be posting soon, and am going to try to wrap this all up by the end of the month. Losing my writing/work computer really messed me up.

Thanks again to everyone for your support and praise through this process!

Awarded:

Hell ya you're the man!

So I don't remember if it affects the story, but I just wanted to give a quick update to Nwahs' story that I ironed out over the weekend. Not sure how much of it is relevant.

-Was born on Alderaan in 3666 BBY on the 26th day of the 9th month of the Galactic Standard Calendar, and was identified at birth to be a potential Jedi, but his mother didn't want to give him away, especially with the Great Galactic War going on, and the Battle of Alderaan had just happened (I think? We don't have a solid date for when that Battle happened that I know of). She also didn't trust the Jedi because she had had run-ins with the law in the past (drug use) and had unpleasant experiences with the Jedi dealing with her transgressions. His father, a proud member of the Republic Navy, was excited about potentially having a Jedi son but listened to his wife.
-Father is away often due to the war, leading to his mother calling for a divorce. This sad event is a huge component of young Nwahs' personality. He deals with great anger and aggression and this stress manifests itself in odd and unintended outbursts of Force waves at times.
-Nwahs lives with his father, and they happen to be on a quick trip to Coruscant when the surprise attack on Coruscant happens, and his father tells him to stay put in their hotel, goes off to meet up with the Republic Navy forces, but that's when Nwahs decides to take action and leaves, runs into Gaiutus and the other Jedi.
-If it's possible, it would be cool if Gaiutus and the crew could sense the pain in Nwahs when they meet him, listen to his pleas to want to put his energy and abilities to use in fighting the Sith, and know that they can help train him to control his anger. He is very angry and hurt, but he is also very empathetic and kind, he always seeks to help others and remove others hurt as a way to hide his own.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: